Xbox Game Pass

37 minutes ago, denisb said:

My Game pass ran out yesterday so I’ve maxed it this morning

2x 12m 1x3m and 2x game pass ultimate I’d accumulated + free months .

I’ve been playing unravel this afternoon what a gorgeous little gem 

I played that this morning. Gorgeous. Don't fall in the water though.

Press down on the d-pad causes the best animation :lol:

5 hours ago, gooner4life said:

My GPU has run out, so i now have no Xbox Live Gold nor Game Pass or Game Pass Ultimate.

If I buy a couple years Gold can i upgrade to ultimate for a single month still?

Don’t forget to switch off that free extra month if you want to stack three years. I didn’t and am left with 12 months gold I can’t add because it wants to convert it to 4 months GPU. 

I'm sure this is common knowlege, but I only realised a couple of days ago that the the MCC on PC is stored separately to other MIcrosoft Store apps in a folder called something like "Modifiable Windows Apps". All the files are freely accessible inside, and presumably modable. I'm not sure if any other Game Pass games are stored like this, but it bodes well for the likes of future Bethesda RPGs on the service.

Played grounded last night with my brothers, it was hillarious :D Albeit we were hopeless, such good fun though.

We did something to upset the ants though and they stuck around for ages and just kept attacking us :(

But now I have the hang of it i'm quite lookin forward to playing some more

4 hours ago, Luseth said:

Played grounded last night with my brothers, it was hillarious :D Albeit we were hopeless, such good fun though.

We did something to upset the ants though and they stuck around for ages and just kept attacking us :(

But now I have the hang of it i'm quite lookin forward to playing some more

The ants do randomly turn up but more likely you either had food on the ground or in chests, which they sense and come to steal. Don't have any raw food around and if you need to store anything it should be off the ground. It won't stop bugs turning up entirely but will help keep them away.

1 hour ago, BeeJay said:

The ants do randomly turn up but more likely you either had food on the ground or in chests, which they sense and come to steal. Don't have any raw food around and if you need to store anything it should be off the ground. It won't stop bugs turning up entirely but will help keep them away.

Maybe, I have no idea, I think at one point I was running round with spoiled meat in my inventory, could it have been that?

I love that there is so much more depth than you first realise with it :)

1 hour ago, metallicfrodo said:

It's not, it's developed by Out of the Blue and published by Raw Fury.

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/call-of-the-sea

Ah it looks to be day one on game pass for Xbox consoles but no mention of a PC GP release. So I expect it will be available just not on GP.

EDIT: On Steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/1042490/Call_of_the_Sea/

Part of the reason I went with an Xbox is that I noticed a few games that don't appear for PC on the service that do on the console. Mainly the more arcade style games (most recent for me was Hotshot Racing which I'm really enjoying amongst other things). However obviously PC gets games more tailored towards its audience, RTS games etc.

So swings and roundabouts really. 

5 minutes ago, carlospie said:

I tried to get a game on battlefront two yesterday, there were six players online! 

The newest one? It's been really well populated when I've played it lately, even the less popular game modes still have plenty of players. It's far busier on Wednesdays (triple XP) and at the weekend (double XP) though.

1 hour ago, Garwoofoo said:

The newest one? It's been really well populated when I've played it lately, even the less popular game modes still have plenty of players. It's far busier on Wednesdays (triple XP) and at the weekend (double XP) though.

Maybe something was up with it it searched for a game for about ten minutes then I gave up. Il try again later. 

So through a spot of good fortune I will hopefully be taking delivery of a Series X in time for Christmas. I'm out the loop on all things gaming (dabbled in early PS4 / Xbox One) but would appreciate advice on how to get the best current deal for a Gold and Game Pass Sub (I understand that I need both?) sorry if this has been answered quite recently and I will be going back through the thread now. 

11 minutes ago, Minter1986 said:

So through a spot of good fortune I will hopefully be taking delivery of a Series X in time for Christmas. I'm out the loop on all things gaming (dabbled in early PS4 / Xbox One) but would appreciate advice on how to get the best current deal for a Gold and Game Pass Sub (I understand that I need both?) sorry if this has been answered quite recently and I will be going back through the thread now. 

There should be information in the first post of the thread on how to get the best deal by converting gold to ultimate game pass. A lot people have said that Cd Keys are really unreliable for getting codes to you and should use shopto instead.