Xbox Game Pass

59 minutes ago, pinholestar said:

Really enjoying The Talos Principle. Hopefully I’ll be able to finish it before it leaves the service on Monday. Roughly how long is it if you only focus on the puzzles and don’t bother with the stars?

I did it over about 2 weeks of casual sessions now and again. I reckon circa 16-20 hours total.

I hope someone who pays more attention than I do can help me with this.

Ive got Rise of the Tomb Raider, which I was part way through. I’m 99% sure I got it off Game Pass, now when I try and launch it asks me if I own the game.

On the store there is Rise of the Tomb Raider with no versions, and the 20th anniversary pack 

So:

- Did I get it off Game Pass

- Has it since left Game Pass?

- If I bought the 20th anniversary one, will I be able to continue on my save on the game I have installed?

Thankyou :) 

4 minutes ago, sprite said:

I hope someone who pays more attention than I do can help me with this.

Ive got Rise of the Tomb Raider, which I was part way through. I’m 99% sure I got it off Game Pass, now when I try and launch it asks me if I own the game.

On the store there is Rise of the Tomb Raider with no versions, and the 20th anniversary pack 

So:

- Did I get it off Game Pass

- Has it since left Game Pass?

- If I bought the 20th anniversary one, will I be able to continue on my save on the game I have installed?

Thankyou :) 

1. It was on Gamepass a long time back, so maybe?

2. Yep.

3. I would imagine the 20th Anniversary edition is just the base game plus DLC, so yes.

Just now, Jg15 said:

1. It was on Gamepass a long time back, so maybe?

2. Yep.

3. I would imagine the 20th Anniversary edition is just the base game plus DLC, so yes.

Thankyou :) Long time back is exactly my MO, so that must be what happened :lol: 

The hour of reckoning is finally here and my Xbox just popped through the door, 20 mins before the delivery schedule ended for day. 

I'm obviously going to jump straight into Gamepass, but I have some questions. 

The £41 per year offer is still a little vague. Has anyone got an explanation or a link, as I don't want to mess it up. 

I had Xbox Live and an Xbox Live account before on the original Xbox and 360 - will that affect my eligibility for the "first time" Gamepass offer? I have never used Gamepass, however. 

Do I need to go for all three years at once? £120 is a bit much on top of the money I've spent on the console (and other stuff like Destiny) this month. Ideally I'd just do a year at a time at £41 a pop, for three years. This will be possible? Will the offer be rescinded at some point or has it been ever present? 

I also got an offer from Amazon for, I think, 3 months for £19.99. I presume doing this first would then render me unavailable to get the cheaper three year offer? 

Thanks in advance to anyone who can clear up the confusion. 

On 11/11/2020 at 12:06, Fry Crayola said:

I know what FIFA is an abbreviation for, but now I wonder what MADDEN stands for.

Multi-American Defence-Dodging Encroachment-Notching?

My phone always autocorrects it to caps for some reason. I’ve given up arguing now, it’s sounds to angry to be reckoned with. 

4 hours ago, Parksey said:

Do I need to go for all three years at once? £120 is a bit much on top of the money I've spent on the console (and other stuff like Destiny) this month. Ideally I'd just do a year at a time at £41 a pop, for three years. This will be possible? Will the offer be rescinded at some point or has it been ever present? 

Not sure when the offer will stop. I have done the £1 conversion thing twice now without issue however this time I did extend it as far as I could. Yes £120 is a fair chunk of money on top of a new console at launch but look at it another way. That is less than two launch games for a console (RRP of £70). And you get 3 YEARS of games for that including any exclusives MS release. It really is insane value for money. Why I stretched out and did it. Didn't have to buy any launch titles with my Series X so figured the money I would have spent on new launch games may as well go on GamePass instead for 3 years*. Great decision there is so much great content on there its insane. That is before the recently added EA Play titles.

So I guess its a bit of a gamble. Either take the plunge and take the hit now or just run the risk of the offer been rescinded. :) In the grand scheme of life £40 is less than one full price AAA game a year. But with GamePass you are getting hundreds of titles to play. 

* Well got 2 years 2 months for me and 1 year 1 month for my son. So spent £120 but upgraded him for a year. Be wary of the cards you buy and make sure they are for 12months (not the promotional ones with a month free) as you will not be able to put all three codes in as you can only have a maximum of 3 years of gold subscription at any one time. So the two cards took me to to 2 years 2 months and it wouldn't accept the 3rd code. Non issue for me to be fair as my son got it anyway as he had room on his gold sub. Still insane value though and it also covers off my PC too as its Game Pass Ultimate.

7 minutes ago, Parksey said:

The hour of reckoning is finally here and my Xbox just popped through the door, 20 mins before the delivery schedule ended for day. 

I'm obviously going to jump straight into Gamepass, but I have some questions. 

The £41 per year offer is still a little vague. Has anyone got an explanation or a link, as I don't want to mess it up. 

I had Xbox Live and an Xbox Live account before on the original Xbox and 360 - will that affect my eligibility for the "first time" Gamepass offer? I have never used Gamepass, however. 

I also got an offer from Amazon for, I think, 3 months for £19.99. I presume doing this first would then render me unavailable to get the cheaper three year offer? 

Thanks in advance to anyone who can clear up the confusion. 

Having had an Xbox account won't cause a problem.

You can't do it incrementally at that price, and can't guarantee that they'll keep the upgrade approach. You could do two years + 3 months + 1 month for turning on recurring billing; but you'd be better off finding the additional £20 rather than use the amazon offer.

Whatever you do, don't use the amazon offer!

Assuming you're based in the UK or EU, this one: https://www.shopto.net/en/dwnld46902-xbox-live-prepaid-12-month-gold-membership-card-p83275/

Don't worry about the card not saying UK, I used this on Tuesday without any problems.

ShopTo only sell one per transaction, so my advice is to carry out the steps one at a time - this way if you forget about the disabling of auto renewal, you're not left with a 12 month card you can't use.

1. Buy one 12 month card
  2. Go to Xbox.com, sign in with the profile you wish to apply the code to, and redeem it
  3. When faced with this message, make sure Auto Renew is turned off (it's on by default, unlike this screenshot) - otherwise you can't go to 36 months (if you're going for less, however, absolutely claim the free month):

KNwdM8P.png

4. Repeat steps 1-3 until you've got 36 months of Gold, or you're happy with what you've got.

5. Join Game Pass Ultimate for 1 month, at a cost of £1

All your Gold converts to Game Pass, and you can begin rejoicing.

23 minutes ago, Parksey said:

So I want to be buying an Xbox Gold Sub, right? Ideally 3 lots of 1 year? 

Has anyone got a link to the right one from ShopTo or whatever? I'm aware this may sound like Baby's First Internet Purchase, but I don't want to mess it up. 

I used this one but struggled to buy more than one off ShopTo's website as it was restricted to one per customer.

I was able to by pass that by creating multiple accounts. 

https://www.shopto.net/en/dwnld46902-xbox-live-prepaid-12-month-gold-membership-card-p83275/

Well, I am not based in the UK currently - I'm living in Japan, with a view to coming back sometime next year. 

However, like with my PS4, I was just presuming with my Xbox I could continue to use my UK-based account, the UK store and basically just carry on as if I'm in the UK. 

Will there be any problems with that? I've never had a problem with the PS4 on this front (bar the time I forgot to match up the regions with my Japanese disc and UK downloadable DLC. 

19 minutes ago, Parksey said:

Well, I am not based in the UK currently - I'm living in Japan, with a view to coming back sometime next year. 

However, like with my PS4, I was just presuming with my Xbox I could continue to use my UK-based account, the UK store and basically just carry on as if I'm in the UK. 

Will there be any problems with that? I've never had a problem with the PS4 on this front (bar the time I forgot to match up the regions with my Japanese disc and UK downloadable DLC. 

You can put your codes in via the website and its just linked to your account which is UK based so will be fine.

Think people sometimes have to use a VPN to put codes in at times when the codes are locked to a different country.

Just make sure you buy UK or EU region codes. I had no issues getting three twelve month cards the other day from ShopTo. I just ordered one at a time not three together. Perhaps they have changed the policy now.....

1 hour ago, Parksey said:

I'd certainly not want to encourage you to spend money that it might not be wise to, but if you can find a way of affording it the three years in one go then I'd be amazed if you didn't end up being extremely glad that you did. Game Pass has re-woken my interest in gaming to a level that I'm not too sure it was ever at before. Games galore on there and there have been plenty that I'd never have given a second look at never mind shelled out for that I've really enjoyed. Then of course you've got the great saving on so many games that I would've bought and then finally the rather smug icing on the cake of knowing that all this gaming greatness is costing me (and as I used to pay for Gold anyway so I'm not including that in my calculation) £0.027 a month(that's my £1 trial / 36) :)!!      

I may be being dense here, but I can't for the life of me find how to redeem a code on the GB Xbox site or my phone app. Found the US one but it obviously wasn't valid there. 

Can I do it through the console? 

Just got the console set up and the 1 month for £1 offer was the first thing that came up after installing. I'm paranoid of pressing anything on there now. 

2 minutes ago, Parksey said:

I may be being dense here, but I can't for the life of me find how to redeem a code on the GB Xbox site or my phone app. Found the US one but it obviously wasn't valid there. 

Can I do it through the console? 

Just got the console set up and the 1 month for £1 offer was the first thing that came up after installing. I'm paranoid of pressing anything on there now. 

they removed it in the update (I hear it’s being added back in)

you can enter it in the store section on the console or via your browser

Urgh yeah that's the link I found, though I thought it wasn't working because it's the US site. 

Turns out that it won't except the GB code on that site as it's through my Japanese ISP. 

Can I redeem the code through the console? If not, I'll have to try a VPN. Or ask a friend back home to log in as me and redeem it. 

6 minutes ago, Parksey said:

Urgh yeah that's the link I found, though I thought it wasn't working because it's the US site. 

Turns out that it won't except the GB code on that site as it's through my Japanese ISP. 

Can I redeem the code through the console? If not, I'll have to try a VPN. Or ask a friend back home to log in as me and redeem it. 

I’m not going to assist you with international fraud.

16 minutes ago, Parksey said:

Use a VPN

18 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

Are the games trials for EA Play working yet? I can see them on the GP app but no option on the console - it won't work if I try to remote install via the app.

I really want to try Star Wars Squadrons! 

Im sure you just search for the game in the store on the console and choose the 10 hour trial option?

Has anyone downloaded FFXV from Gamepass?

I notice that there is a separate 32GB "Comrades" multiplayer thing that comes with the Royal Edition. I have no intention of playing multiplayer - am I safe to delete this? It isn't going to make me download everything again or something?

Gonna put this in here because I don't want to give people false remaster hope by resurrecting the New Vegas thread and it's on Game Pass so:

Been playing a metric shit tonne of Fallout New Vegas. I was going to go back to 4 but I've tried so many times and something about it just makes me bounce off, so I went back to this for the umpteenth time. I bounced off it a lot back in the day because I'd get to Primm, the Caesar's Legion dickhead would say "Do something about it if you don't like it" (or words to that effect) because he'd murdered a whole town and so I'd go "Alright matey!" kill him, become vilified then spend the opening hours dodging Legion death squads. Then I'd quit the game in a huff and not go back to it for.... years.

I didn't do that this time and now I'm about 40 hours deep and about to go and see the Caesar. I am debating whether I should blow up the Brotherhood of Steel first though, because they're sanctimonious arseholes and I can't stand them. Plus I've already done Veronica's quests.

Got to say it's looking a bit rough around the edges these days. It wasn't much of a looker in 2010 but it's from when developers went through their brown period and generally pretty ugly. Still, not enough to put me off. And it's got a cyborg dog in it, so there's that.

One thing I am finding weird is lack of cooking stations. I saw one when I was in Goodsprings and I literally stumbled across another today some 40 hours later but I haven't seen one between now and then. Saying that I'm not exactly the most observant person.

Anyway, nowt much relevant, just needed to brain vomit some shit.

5 hours ago, ChewMagma said:

Has anyone downloaded FFXV from Gamepass?

I notice that there is a separate 32GB "Comrades" multiplayer thing that comes with the Royal Edition. I have no intention of playing multiplayer - am I safe to delete this? It isn't going to make me download everything again or something?

Yeah, you can delete that. 

• gospvg pinned this topic
  • gospvg unpinned this topic