Xbox Game Pass

36 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

Yes, unfortunately to optimum solution for gold convertors is 2*12 months and 1*6 months. This will leave you a couple of months short of the maximum.

That's not accurate - if you turn off the auto-renew and thus refuse the 1 month free, you can add 36 months of Gold which works out marginally cheaper per month. 

2 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

That's not accurate - if you turn off the auto-renew and thus refuse the 1 month free, you can add 36 months of Gold which works out marginally cheaper per month. 

Ah, ok, thanks, didn't realise the one month extra was avoidable. Does it automatically set itself to auto-renew and needs to be manually turned off between each gold addition?

51 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

My gamepass runs out today, I have the 2 years with all access ready to go but I may as well max out to 3.

I will buy a year of gold tomorrow, do I need to do the £1 conversion or will just using my 2 year pass convert it to 3?

You'd want to use the 12 month gold code first, then convert it to Ultimate for a pound, then add the 2 year all access. That way you'll have 3 years of Ultimate.

10 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

Ah, ok, thanks, didn't realise the one month extra was avoidable. Does it automatically set itself to auto-renew and needs to be manually turned off between each gold addition?

If you're adding the Gold via the website, you get this each time you input a code:

KNwdM8P.png

It defaults to On, so you just turn it off.

In poor @MattyP's case though, his cards were promotional 12+1 month cards, so this wouldn't have helped him.

2 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

If you're adding the Gold via the website, you get this each time you input a code:

KNwdM8P.png

It defaults to On, so you just turn it off.

In poor @MattyP's case though, his cards were promotional 12+1 month cards, so this wouldn't have helped him.

Yeah typical... Still my son has done OK so not all wasted. Happy with the situation TBH. At least he gets some benefit and a bunch of games to play over the next year. 

With all the EA titles arriving on gamepass, I thought I'd give NFS: Rivals a shot on my One X.  After doing both the cops and racers tutorial levels the game now hangs (looping sound) and then crashes back to dash every time I run it.  Its at the point it tries to join the EA services.

Restarting the Xbox hasnt helped.  Anyone else able to run this damn title?

38 minutes ago, Valver said:

With all the EA titles arriving on gamepass, I thought I'd give NFS: Rivals a shot on my One X.  After doing both the cops and racers tutorial levels the game now hangs (looping sound) and then crashes back to dash every time I run it.  Its at the point it tries to join the EA services.

Restarting the Xbox hasnt helped.  Anyone else able to run this damn title?

Do a manual hard reset of the Xbox (hold the power button on the front down for ten seconds after it turns off), then the only other answers are take the game offline (no idea how to do that in game, sorry) and this one from an EA forum:

SOLVED : It worked !!! After one year of agony and frustration. I tired restarting console, deleting and reinstalling again on internal and external hard drives. Nothing worked.

So this is what I did that worked. I don’t know which of these steps worked but you might as well follow the same pattern.

1- I went to games icons/pins in xbox. Clicked menu for NFS RIVALS , “Manage games and add-on” for this specific game . On the left column it says Saved Data. I deleted that saved data. Don’t worry Its going to download again from cloud. I deleted mine from xbox and server both, when it asked.

2- But what I really think made it work was this one. In one of the solution from EA it says “ Clear persistent storage “ something to do with Blu ray setting. I KNOW. What the hell Blu-Ray setting has to do with game .. Right. But as soon as I did cleared that, the next time I started the game, it was WORKING !!!.

1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
2. Select System > Settings.
3. Select Disc & Blu-ray.

SOLVED.

Just in case, Here is the link which tell you to "CLEAR PERSISTENT storage."

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Need-for-Speed-2015/Console-Troubleshooting/td-p/4908815

Anyone know the answer to this question?

I have a friend who just bought the Series S and wants to do the Gold > Ultimate £1 thing but he has the PC game pass running right now. So can he just get the Gold and then upgrade or should he turn of the renewal for PC game pass and let it run out first?

3 minutes ago, hub2 said:

Which Battlefield is the best one to download for multiplayer?

V will be the most active. Bad Company is the best but long dead unless gamepass causes a revival. 

It's a series which has rather lost its way in recent entries unfortunately. 

4 hours ago, BeeJay said:

I haven't tested it but in theory, any subscription of GPU will convert existing gold to GPU. I'm sure someone on the internet has tried it already. I'm also sure it will warn you before applying it. Just make sure the gold is active before adding the GPU.

I had the in theory thought too - was hoping peeps on here had done it!

4 hours ago, Fry Crayola said:

I know what FIFA is an abbreviation for, but now I wonder what MADDEN stands for.

Multi-American Defence-Dodging Encroachment-Notching?

Close...

Named after a bloke init.

John

4 hours ago, Hitcher said:

You'd want to use the 12 month gold code first, then convert it to Ultimate for a pound, then add the 2 year all access. That way you'll have 3 years of Ultimate.

Are you saying not to try the GPU sub after applying Gold and I have to do the £1 trick!?

56 minutes ago, hub2 said:

BF1 still has a community. More people will be playing 5 though. Generally BF1 is regarded as the better of the newer games though. I like them both 

7 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Are you saying not to try the GPU sub after applying Gold and I have to do the £1 trick!?

Isn't it clear what I said?

If you add 12 Months Gold to Ultimate you'll just get it converted to 3 months Ultimate.

57 minutes ago, hub2 said:

V is probably the most populated as it’s the latest one but it wasn’t a particularly great entry in the series and the player numbers dropped sharply.

Battlefield 1 is my personal favourite (my favourite multiplayer FPS of all time in fact) and on PS4 at least still always had active servers as it has a very loyal following and a good number of people ditched V and went back to it. Not sure what player numbers are like on Xbox but now it’s on GamePass I’d imagine they’ll go up again. It’s a much better game than V in my opinion.

IVe got a stupid question.

i haven’t had an Xbox or gold account for ages, but ive realised I have two accounts left over from 360 days.

each has games associated with it, that were free with gold.

when setting up my series x, I guess I will choose one and get GPU associated with it.

my idiotic question is, can I then set up my extra account on the console  and download the 360 games and play them on there? 

if the "extra account" sets the box as the home console then yes the other account should be able t play its games even if it isnt logged in.

if it isnt home console then it just needs to be logged in all the time which shouldnt be a problem for an extra account

1 hour ago, Hitcher said:

Isn't it clear what I said?

If you add 12 Months Gold to Ultimate you'll just get it converted to 3 months Ultimate.

You were very clear, it was the other quoted post that added the element of doubt!

I shall follow your advice.

1 hour ago, pinholestar said:

V is probably the most populated as it’s the latest one but it wasn’t a particularly great entry in the series and the player numbers dropped sharply.

Battlefield 1 is my personal favourite (my favourite multiplayer FPS of all time in fact) and on PS4 at least still always had active servers as it has a very loyal following and a good number of people ditched V and went back to it. Not sure what player numbers are like on Xbox but now it’s on GamePass I’d imagine they’ll go up again. It’s a much better game than V in my opinion.

I'd agree with this. V ruined some pretty core bits of the series (changed how spotting worked, gave medics shit guns for "balance") so we all went back to 1 pretty sharpish. The only issue is it tends to be the same groups of people playing all of whom choose the same 3-4 maps, but what's there is very solid. 

2 hours ago, deerokus said:

V will be the most active. Bad Company is the best but long dead unless gamepass causes a revival. 

It's a series which has rather lost its way in recent entries unfortunately. 

I used to love BC2: Vietnam, would be great if that saw a revival!

19 hours ago, Ferine said:

Looks like The Talos Principle is leaving Game Pass next Tuesday, which is a shame as I was going to recommend it to those that enjoyed the lateral thinking of The Turing Test. The former is about three times as long – and gets significantly harder, from my recollection – but it features tonnes of creative puzzle rooms and has an intriguing setting, plus a bunch of computer terminals for those interested in excavating the story; if you put an e-mail in a game, you know I'll read it.

I really enjoyed The Talos Principle. Considering it’s basically a puzzle game it actually has a really engaging story. Anyway, just thought I’d mention for any PS4 players it’s currently £2.99 on the PSN store, which is an absolute steal (although clearly not as good as Game Pass). I’ve now bought it 3 times. 

Would anyone recommend a two-player game I can play along with my husband? I see there are a couple of fighters and a couple of racers, but those genres aren’t really his style. Anything ultra-violent will likely go to the front of the queue!

2 minutes ago, Popo said:

Would anyone recommend a two-player game I can play along with my husband? I see there are a couple of fighters and a couple of racers, but those genres aren’t really his style. Anything ultra-violent will likely go to the front of the queue!

Untitled Goose Game - Those geese can be pretty violent. 

2 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Ff8 remastered just been added. It was next on my to buy list! 

I downloaded it earlier on PC, I had awful screen tearing and you can't even apply vsynch through the graphics card because you don't have permission.

I have not been impressed with the PC version of game pass so far.

• gospvg pinned this topic
  • gospvg unpinned this topic