Xbox Game Pass

On 06/11/2020 at 23:40, Yiggy said:

That’s Katana Zero Done. Lovely little game. 

Reveal hidden contents

Did anybody else roll the credits 4 levels from the end? When you get shot outside by the police? I thought it was an arty end and only went back to it out of curiosity and turns out there was another quarter of the game left!

Bat shit mental story line but I loved the piano incidental music too. 

Hey I finished this on the same day!

I actually got to the final boss a week or so ago and after spending a solid 2 hours on him decided I'd never be able to do it. Picked it up for a final try on Friday night and fluked him in one go. 

Great game. Fantastic story, excellent presentation and very stylish. 

7 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

I played Katana Zero, for full price, on Switch. Worth every penny. Definitely worth peoples time.

Am assuming (spoilers in case people haven't finished it)

Spoiler

There's going to be additional content, from the door in the government lab that says to check back in a few months. Good because I really don't want to leave that little girl in the predicament see at the end!

2 hours ago, Anne Summers said:

Am assuming (spoilers in case people haven't finished it)

Hide contents

There's going to be additional content, from the door in the government lab that says to check back in a few months. Good because I really don't want to leave that little girl in the predicament see at the end!

I hadn’t even thought about that but it makes sense yes.

I wanted to put in a good word for Scourge Bringer. It went up on Game Pass in the middle of a bunch of games and I don't think it even featured on the "New on game pass" tab thing so it might have passed you by. 

If the idea of Dead Cells meets Nuclear Throne meets Celeste sounds exciting to you then get it installed. It's very, very good. 

3 minutes ago, matt0 said:

I wanted to put in a good word for Scourge Bringer. It went up on Game Pass in the middle of a bunch of games and I don't think it even featured on the "New on game pass" tab thing so it might have passed you by. 

If the idea of Dead Cells meets Nuclear Throne meets Celeste sounds exciting to you then get it installed. It's very, very good. 

I'll second this. I've put about 10 hours into it and only made it to the 3rd Chapter, but it's very good. Reminds me a bit of Rogue Legacy. 

5 minutes ago, matt0 said:

I think it went under the radar partly because it was in early access on game pass for a while.

49 minutes ago, footle said:

here, have a three month trial for new Disney+ customers.

Beat me to it. A 3 month trial would be pretty good to be fair. Mandalorian, Mythic Quest and Ted Lasso are all is a banger. 

Edited: For stupidity

My GamePass is set to run out in a couple of days, I was going to do the thing where you load it up with Live then convert to Ultimate again but if I was thinking of getting the Series S with the pay monthly offer which includes GamePass then there's not really any point is there? 

On 25/10/2020 at 11:48, Darren said:

Here you go. Somebody can copy this into the first post:

BEFORE YOU START. If you are already subscribed to Game Pass, let it lapse before following these steps. They will work for new or lapsed accounts, but not for active ones.

1. Buy 3x 12-month Live Gold codes (£40 each) from CDKeys or equivalent. It might take an hour or so for the codes to come through, but they will eventually.

2. If you don't have one, create an Xbox account on the Microsoft site.

3. Redeem your Live Gold codes on the MS Site - click on your user icon at the top right of the page, click the "..." at the bottom of the drop down menu and select "Redeem code." IMPORTANT: each time you do this, UNSELECT the auto-renew option, otherwise you'll get some free months added which will make it impossible to redeem your third code (you can't stack more than three years' worth).

4. From here the instructions are from memory because I can't replicate the steps as I've already signed up. On your user icon drop down menu choose "My Microsoft account" and on the page that opens you should see a section called "Subscriptions." Click on your Live Gold subscription.

5. You should now be given the option to upgrade your Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate. When you select this it will take you to a standard page as if you were buying it from scratch, where you pay £1 for the first month* and £10.99 every month thereafter. Don't be put off by this (as I was) - the £10.99 won't kick in until your three years are up. Go ahead and sign up for the £1 offer. (*if you have already used the £1 offer previously then it will cost you £10.99 for this conversion, but still only as a one-off payment with your next payment not due for another three years.)

6. Your Live Gold subscription should now have been converted to Game Pass Ultimate for the next three years, at a cost to you of £121 (£131 if this isn’t your first time), a saving of approx 70% compared to the £10.99 a month RRP.

7. Go back into your Game Pass subscriptions page and turn off auto-renew again. There's bound to be another offer in three years' time!

Just used this in preparation - thank you!! Moving the one, to it's new home upstairs!

53 minutes ago, Fletch said:

My GamePass is set to run out in a couple of days, I was going to do the thing where you load it up with Live then convert to Ultimate again but if I was thinking of getting the Series S with the pay monthly offer which includes GamePass then there's not really any point is there? 

that series s just comes with a two year code, so as long as it doesn’t expire before you can use it... (problem being we don’t know what the expiry date might be)

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Similar boat, I’m going to buy a year of gold and do the £1 trick and then add the other two to max out the 3 years - not the cheapest way

1 hour ago, Shimmyhill said:

Similar boat, I’m going to buy a year of gold and do the £1 trick and then add the other two to max out the 3 years - not the cheapest way

This seems sensible, I'll keep an eye out for any good Live deals. 

I’ve had a few sessions of Knights and Bikes with my 11 y/o son. It’s really very good indeed. I’m pointing out the great 80’s references and he’s splashing me by jumping in puddles and customising my bike with unicorn tassels and stabilisers! 

2 minutes ago, Majora said:

I'm pretty sure the initial free trial for Disney+ was only something like 7 days.

Still a free trial.

You get one month for free and then it will automatically convert to a full year subscription. This too me is not a perk, it is a trial. Also not for existing subscribers.