Xbox Game Pass

24 minutes ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

Evening,

Does anyone know if Game Pass has any kind of family sharing option?

Planning on passing my One X to the boy when I upgrade and was wondering if I can get away with just the one membership or if I’ll need to set him up with a new membership?

Cheers,

Indy

If he has his own console you do the home console switch then yes, you can both use Game Pass from one sub. However the person who didn't buy it on their account won't get access the the freebie perks or the Game Pass rewards and they have to download the games from the store, but the 'free' game functionality is there for them.

Best way to download Game Pass games using that method is to get the phone app and sign in with the account details of the person who has the GP sub. Then just find the game you want and you can chose which console to download it to. 

On 10/10/2020 at 21:26, HarryBizzle said:

Anyone got any thoughts on the following?:

Observation

Deliver Us To The Moon

Night Call

Tacoma

I’m looking for something relatively short and I’m not a fan of jump scare/horror games, if that applies to any of them - a couple of them describe themselves as thrillers.

I thought Observation had its flaws but was worth playing. It's not a horror game, however. I posted about it in the completed games thread:

If you're looking for something similar with a better story and more interesting ideas then you should check out Soma, which is excellent. That is a horror game, although it has a safe mode where the baddies in it won't hurt you or chase you, and if memory serves it doesn't have many jump scares.

You can tell rllmuk grew up on GT because the one thing they want their racing games to be is 'devoid of personality'.

I'm enjoying Forza, just be aware that there's a bunch of free cars sent as messages, and then a separate bunch you need to get from the Game Pass store as free add-ons.

It's not so much 'devoid of personality' I'm after, it's more 'devoid of shit dialogue'.

I installed Doom Eternal, booted it up and then uninstalled it the moment I got to the Bethesda login page. 

18 minutes ago, Mars said:

I was going to say! Welcome to 2020, where we spend more time downloading games than playing. 

'I drove hours to watch a game of football... And when I got there, there was a, a a... DOOR at the front! Fuck that! So I went home'. 

:lol:

I couldn't see a skip option. Oh well. I'll try again later.

I gave F7 ago. I don't want cutscenes in driving games, or for the game to talk to me. Forza Horizon just about gets away with it, but it's unforgivable in this. I just want to race.

I haven't uninstalled it yet, but I'm not exactly dying to boot it up again.

I said it near the end of the last page but it probably bears repeating: if you’ve got a Windows computer and Game Pass Ultimate, you can use Bluestacks to stream Game Pass games at no additional cost. It’s fantastic for trying out games to see if you like them without having to download tens of gigabytes up front. 

2 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

I said it near the end of the last page but it probably bears repeating: if you’ve got a Windows computer and Game Pass Ultimate, you can use Bluestacks to stream Game Pass games at no additional cost. It’s fantastic for trying out games to see if you like them without having to download tens of gigabytes up front. 

Does it take long to set up? It'd be cool to try on my PC as it's on homeplugs, so about as good as xCloud is likely to get in my home.

8 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Does it take long to set up? It'd be cool to try on my PC as it's on homeplugs, so about as good as xCloud is likely to get in my home.

If you already have a Google Play account then it’s almost instant. You just run the Bluestacks app for Windows, sign into it using your Google account (just like if you were logging in to a new Android device), go to the Play Store within the app and install the Game Pass (Beta) Android app. Sign into that app with your existing Game Pass Ultimate details and you’re away. 

The ability to play Game Pass is one of Bluestacks’ main selling points, it’s not some hacky workaround. It basically Just Works. The longest part of the process would be setting up a Google account if you didn’t already have one.

28 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

This works great apart from the fact that I can’t get a PS4 controller to work on it as DS4Windows apes it as a 360 controller, which it doesn’t recognise. Was hoping to have a sneak preview of Game Pass stuff before my Series S arrives in November but no dice. :(

3 hours ago, pinholestar said:

This works great apart from the fact that I can’t get a PS4 controller to work on it as DS4Windows apes it as a 360 controller, which it doesn’t recognise. Was hoping to have a sneak preview of Game Pass stuff before my Series S arrives in November but no dice. :(

Have you tried not using DS4Windows? My Switch Pro Controller is recognised without any software in Windows and works as an Xbox controller in most games. Maybe not having that in the way will help.

14 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Have you tried not using DS4Windows? My Switch Pro Controller is recognised without any software in Windows and works as an Xbox controller in most games. Maybe not having that in the way will help.

Yeah I've tried that and a Switch Pro Controller too but although the laptop picks them up fine neither are recognised by BlueStacks. Seems it has to be an Xbox One controller or nothing. Ah well, just means I'll have to wait a month until I get some GamePass goodness in my life.

3 minutes ago, pinholestar said:

Yeah I've tried that and a Switch Pro Controller too but although the laptop picks them up fine neither are recognised by BlueStacks. Seems it has to be an Xbox One controller or nothing. Ah well, just means I'll have to wait a month until I get some GamePass goodness in my life.

https://www.bluestacks.com/blog/bluestacks-exclusives/xbox-games-pass-bluestacks-xcloud-en.html

Apparently, if you change the detect gamepad to "Force On," a DS4 works.

Katana Zero and Heave Ho are superb games. Some good additions. 

TW_ComingSoon_MixedPlatform_10.13.jpg

And the stuff leaving on 30/10:

After Party (Console)
LEGO Star Wars III (Console)
Rise & Shine (Console)
Tacoma (Console & PC)
The Lord of the Rings: Adventure Card Game (Console & PC)
The Red Strings Club (PC)

I've been enjoying Forza Horizon so thanks for that, but I've done all the races now and I'm not sure how you're supposed to make the big bucks and buy castles and shit?

And what the fuck are skill points about?

Anyone had a price lift on the PC yet for this? Supposed to go upto £7.99. They are still charging me at the beta price of £3.99 - not complaining.... :) 

EDIT: Just looked into this. The beta ended on 17th September and for 30 days after you will be billed at the current rate and then after at the new rate of £7.99. So essentially October was my last month @ £3.99. My November bill will be £7.99.

Still great value although I have so much to play at the moment think I'll just end my sub for now and do some catching up.... just bought Forza Horizon 4 in a sale which was the main game I played on this anyway!