Xbox Game Pass

Prolly the best thing to do is go to see Holliday in the hangar if you've never played before, she's got all the story stuff to go through. We really should look if someone has done a beginner's guide seeing as Game Pass will have brought loads of new people in.

Ive not played it since the first Raid but enjoying doing Public Events, Bounties and Strikes these past few days.

I realise that the game does a terrible job explaining those things to newcomers though. Theres all kinds of end game shite I need to figure out, they seem to be upto 50 different types of materials and currencys now.

Heh, because in Horizon 4 I kept going to the Forza Hub to pick up 250,000 every week when I downloaded and started FM7 there was an equivalent amount waiting for me, so I start with 7,250,000 credits.

1 hour ago, Lovelyman said:

Just started a game of Forza7. Tempted to forget about it if it won't shut up soon. 

I stopped playing Forza because there’s so much waffling in the menus, and you can’t even skip it! I just wanted to skip through the menus and drive! Very frustrating. 

I hope the next one is reimagined.

8 hours ago, BeeJay said:

Destiny 2 rivals monster hunter world with its "let me hold your hand during the tutorial, are you doing ok? Tutorial's over? Fuck you, ya useless cunt".

Started it yesterday. This is spot on. It took me 30 mins to get to somewhere to actually shoot something. It's bloody good though. I did co-op with randoms and it was fun. Looks gorgeous too. 

11 hours ago, Plissken said:

Heh, because in Horizon 4 I kept going to the Forza Hub to pick up 250,000 every week when I downloaded and started FM7 there was an equivalent amount waiting for me, so I start with 7,250,000 credits.

If I ever go back to FH2 I think I could buy europe.

10 hours ago, AlexM said:

I stopped playing Forza because there’s so much waffling in the menus, and you can’t even skip it! I just wanted to skip through the menus and drive! Very frustrating. 

I hope the next one is reimagined.

I will always defend the Horizon games for this (minus the unskippable) because it's an asthetic, it's a story about a festival whether that jibes with you or not, it fits.

For Motorsport, shut the fuck up, it's supposed to be a circuit racer.

20 minutes ago, Dudley said:

If I ever go back to FH2 I think I could buy europe.

I will always defend the Horizon games for this (minus the unskippable) because it's an asthetic, it's a story about a festival whether that jibes with you or not, it fits.

Yeah I didn't mind the jabbering on in Horizon. 

I just want to pick a car and go round the tracks in 7. Is it worth sticking with? Is the truck race a one off?

Started Shadow of War as I enjoyed the first one.  If I wanted to watch Lord of The Rings I would of stuck it on the telly.   Just stop with the lengthy cut scenes ok?  Just want to get to the orc killing.

1 minute ago, Timmo said:

Is there a time limit on the £1 ultimate deal? Sorry if answered already, I couldn't see.

No one knows.  Feeling is that it may end when the new consoles come out but nothing has been said yet (afaik).

34 minutes ago, davidcotton said:

Started Shadow of War as I enjoyed the first one.  If I wanted to watch Lord of The Rings I would of stuck it on the telly.   Just stop with the lengthy cut scenes ok?  Just want to get to the orc killing.

It's a really really good game. Stick with it

2 hours ago, Lovelyman said:

Yeah I didn't mind the jabbering on in Horizon. 

I just want to pick a car and go round the tracks in 7. Is it worth sticking with? Is the truck race a one off?

There are three intro races, dry, truck, rain.  Then it starts giving you series to go through - I think there was a choice of four to start.

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

I play a lot of FM4 and, while I'm aware it's "hiding" the loading times, the fact it introduces the circuit you're racing on next every fucking time is really annoying. To be honest, the loading in FM7 is one of the things putting me off playing it (that and I don't have a wheel I can use with it)

14 hours ago, Plissken said:

I'd forgotten about Forza Rewards. Turns out they're Xbone only these days.

Wasteland 3 is...fantastic? I'm really surprised how good is is, which I shouldn't be considering the reviews but for some reason I was wary about it.

It is a little janky and rough around the edges. Character movement doesn't feel very nice, although it's not really a game that requires much precision. The camera occasionally focuses on the wrong thing in combat. I've had enemies turn invisible once or twice.

But it's full of character. The writing is genuinely funny. Perks and character progression have depth without being overwhelming. Quests are imaginative and feature meaningful, genuine levels of choice. 

Everything I was so bitterly disappointed about with Fallout 4 is better here. Actual speech checks! Dialogue choices that aren't 4 slightly different variations on the same answer! Quests that aren't just endless variations on 'go to a building and clear out the enemies!' Inxile does what Bethesda don't.

Also, I quite literally paid money to fuck a goat in a brothel to get a temporary stat boost :wacko:

I finished wasteland 3 last week, it was fantastic. I didn't even know I liked turn based strategy games.But I enjoyed it so much I immediately downloaded Wasteland 2 (also on gamepass), Mutant Year Zero (also on GP), Xcom (360) and the Banner Sagas

Going to be busy for a while with my new favourite genre.

21 minutes ago, multi said:

I finished wasteland 3 last week, it was fantastic. I didn't even know I liked turn based strategy games.But I enjoyed it so much I immediately downloaded Wasteland 2 (also on gamepass), Mutant Year Zero (also on GP), Xcom (360) and the Banner Sagas

Add Gears tactics to that list. Probably my favorite of that lot as a pure turn-based tactics game but obviously very different to wasteland 3.

3 hours ago, davidcotton said:

No one knows.  Feeling is that it may end when the new consoles come out but nothing has been said yet (afaik).

It it ends when the new consoles are released they miss the opportunity to gain a lot of new potential long-term subscribers.

I'm obviously just speculating but I don't think Microsoft sees the release of the new Xbox as any kind of cutoff point - not even for the £1 GP deal. Their aim on November 10th will still be the same as on November 9th: increase game pass subs. Given that their big killer app looked hella dodgy and had to be delayed, Game Pass itself is now the killer app to get people on Game Pass.

I'd stake half of a Pete Brant's bollock that reaching a certain amount of subscribers is a cutoff point for that £1 deal, not the release of new hardware. Just half a bollock though, I'm not that sure of this.

57 minutes ago, multi said:

I played Mutant Year Zero for a while last year but Wasteland 3 is on a completely different level. Year Zero is ok but I'd lower your expectations a bit before going into it.

i really enjoyed forza 7, but yeah the unskipable talking bits in the menus were annoying, it's more at the start of the game though, the first time you do anything, later on they don't happen much.

1 hour ago, Majora said:

I played Mutant Year Zero for a while last year but Wasteland 3 is on a completely different level. Year Zero is ok but I'd lower your expectations a bit before going into it.

Oh yeah, I know. Already put a good few hours into it. Agree it's not as good as W3 but it has its charms. It's bloody hard though.

5 hours ago, multi said:

Prepare yourself before playing Banner Saga. Aside from Plague Tale I don't think I've played anything as depressing as those games. Utterly grim.

6 minutes ago, Nosejam said:

Was thinking about playing Wasteland 3 too, do I need any knowledge of the first 2 games?

Never played the first two games and don't feel like I'm missing anything. There are clearly allusions to them but they don't seem vital and everything is explained well enough.

The first hour or two isn't amazing but once you get to Downtown Colorado it really picks up from there. By the time you get to the Little Vegas quest you should be sold on it I reckon.