Xbox Game Pass

5 minutes ago, Halo said:

From the link:

Yeah, apologies. the description of 10 Hour Trials still fits in line with the standard EA Play (which is only available on Consoles anyway), and not EA Pro (Previously known as Origin Access Premier) which has unlimited access to every game at release. I've only ever used Origin Access Premier, hence the confusion.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.567a2467030ffb205af6c9f0ab3a5de2.png

2 hours ago, MattyP said:

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/9/21429922/xbox-game-pass-for-pc-price-increase-september-17

Looks like the party is over for cheaper game pass on the PC. 17th onwards it will be going up to £8.99 ($9.99)  I guess...Still good value. Guess it's finally coming out of beta. Looking at my backlog of games I currently own it won't be for me!

Probably be able to pick it up cheaper from cdkeys and the like I imagine.

2 hours ago, MattyP said:

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/9/21429922/xbox-game-pass-for-pc-price-increase-september-17

Looks like the party is over for cheaper game pass on the PC. 17th onwards it will be going up to £8.99 ($9.99)  I guess...Still good value. Guess it's finally coming out of beta. Looking at my backlog of games I currently own it won't be for me!

Dam it, Wondering how long it would be before my £1 PC Game pass subs per month came to an end.  Looks like that day has finally arrived :(

Saying that, still a good price when you put ea play into the mix on top.  Wouldn`t sub every month though, only odd times when there is something I want to play.

On 21/07/2020 at 19:13, moosegrinder said:

Forager is a compulsive little bastard, isn't it?

Just started this on gamepass and oh my god it’s got me madly hooked like Game Dev Story or something. My only issue is I’m wondering if I should get the switch version so I can feed my addiction all the time. 

14 hours ago, Onze said:

So I let my Xbox Game Pass Ultimate expire a couple of days ago. I did the Xbox Live Gold 12 month upgrade to Ultimate for £1 last year at some point.

Just to confirm that the 1 to 1 ratio upgrade from Gold to Ultimate is still available.

I bought 2 x 12 Month Xbox Live Gold Subscriptions from ShopTo today for £39.85 a piece and redeemed each Gold subscription. When I redeemed the first 12 month Gold sub I turned on Auto Renew to gain 1 month extra. I then turned off the auto renew and redeemed the second 12 month Gold sub and once again turned on Auto Renew to gain another month. I then turned off Auto Renew again and upgraded to Ultimate. On the first screen it said the upgrade from Gold to Ultimate would cost £1 but when I finally confirmed it showed £10.99.

So after all that I've got 27 months of Game Pass Ultimate for around £91 which is about £3.37 a month. :omg:

I just did this through the website via https://account.microsoft.com/ and it was a quid at the end.

So just under £3 a month for me.

Looked at faffing about with using a Brazilian code for more off, but the website was being a pain in the bum keep reverting back to GB despite having VPN on. 

20 hours ago, Onze said:

So I let my Xbox Game Pass Ultimate expire a couple of days ago. I did the Xbox Live Gold 12 month upgrade to Ultimate for £1 last year at some point.

Just to confirm that the 1 to 1 ratio upgrade from Gold to Ultimate is still available.

I bought 2 x 12 Month Xbox Live Gold Subscriptions from ShopTo today for £39.85 a piece and redeemed each Gold subscription. When I redeemed the first 12 month Gold sub I turned on Auto Renew to gain 1 month extra. I then turned off the auto renew and redeemed the second 12 month Gold sub and once again turned on Auto Renew to gain another month. I then turned off Auto Renew again and upgraded to Ultimate. On the first screen it said the upgrade from Gold to Ultimate would cost £1 but when I finally confirmed it showed £10.99.

So after all that I've got 27 months of Game Pass Ultimate for around £91 which is about £3.37 a month. :omg:

Cheers for heads up.  Paid up till nov next year on ultimate for the grand total of £40.  Bargain!

The Game Pass app now does xCloud. Don't be a plum like me waiting for the xCloud beta app to work. 

Also, in the apparent age of $70 games, GP and waiting for super sales seems to be the way to go. 

7 hours ago, TehStu said:

The Game Pass app now does xCloud. Don't be a plum like me waiting for the xCloud beta app to work. 

And also check the store for an update for the game pass app if you can't see the streaming option

On 15/09/2020 at 21:20, carlospie said:

Hi I'm thinking of getting an xbox, can anyone tell me how to get gamepass for the cheapest price please 

I'm joking. But does your current sub have to expire to do the above? 

I'd like to know this too.  My one month trial that I got with a refurb is about to expire.  Do I have to let it lapse totally, or can I do it at any point?

Thanks.

So - Destiny 2.  Never played it, won't be able to play multiplayer so it would purely be for the campaign.  I've heard massively contrasting opinions on it, so as it's now on GP is it worth a go purely for single player campaign?

12 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

So - Destiny 2.  Never played it, won't be able to play multiplayer so it would purely be for the campaign.  I've heard massively contrasting opinions on it, so as it's now on GP is it worth a go purely for single player campaign?

Yeah, I mostly just play the single player campaign. Play now, before they retire all the content. Just bear in mind it's an arse to find the content before it does retire - go to the hanger, look for amanda, choose "Red War" or whatever it's called. Then skip the two expansions there, and find the Foresaken content.

1 minute ago, footle said:

Yeah, I mostly just play the single player campaign. Play now, before they retire all the content. Just bear in mind it's an arse to find the content before it does retire - go to the hanger, look for amanda, choose "Red War" or whatever it's called. Then skip the two expansions there, and find the Foresaken content.

Does this mean it won't have a single player campaign by the time the Series X/S arrive? Or will there just be a different campaign in that version?

24 minutes ago, Darren said:

Does this mean it won't have a single player campaign by the time the Series X/S arrive? Or will there just be a different campaign in that version?

Different content. Destiny's has a single player story to follow and play, but you need a team for the most fun. I attempted to play the old content on my own and it was boring 

I've been looking at my options on PC and it's the usual problem that I've had for a few years now - games I play are no longer dictated by price but whether I can be bothered to download them, install them and have them take up hard drive space. So often the answer is no.

I was umm-ing and ahh-ing about giving Gears 5 a go. I quite enjoyed the first one years ago but it's not really my thing and can I be arsed? It's fucking free! I am downloading it just to have a go at least, but I'm hoping on XSX, a machine that will be dedicated to gaming alone under one store and drive, I'll perhaps be a little more willing to download things and try them out at least because it's just silly at the moment.

Anyone else get that? There aren't many I'm interested in on there but even the ones I might be, I look at and think, dunno if I can be bothered.

Maybe it's the free nature undermining games a bit or maybe it's just me but it's like I sit in judgement of what's worthy of my time.

I’m definitely finding that GamePass is discouraging me from buying new games, especially indie games that are prime fodder for the service. I’m not sure that’s a good thing. For instance I was looking at Hades on the Switch - looks great! But then I thought, well, there are about 20 roguelikes on GP I haven’t played. And who knows if Hades will come to GamePass in the future anyway? If it does then I will feel like a mug. So I didn’t buy it. At least it’s one fewer game on my backlog, I guess. 

2 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

I’m definitely finding that GamePass is discouraging me from buying new games, especially indie games that are prime fodder for the service. I’m not sure that’s a good thing. For instance I was looking at Hades on the Switch - looks great! But then I thought, well, there are about 20 roguelikes on GP I haven’t played. And who knows if Hades will come to GamePass in the future anyway? If it does then I will feel like a mug. So I didn’t buy it. At least it’s one fewer game on my backlog, I guess. 

I sort of use gamepass to see if I like something then buy it on switch so I can play it lying bed. 

46 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

I don't so much - I just buy what I'd normally buy, after checking whether it's on GamePass. Then play some additional stuff on GamePass, for ten minutes, for three hours (Gears Tactics - very impressive, but not so keen about sitting in front of a PC), for ten days...

Pretty much the same way that I use Apple Arcade...

51 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

I had this dilemma but I went for hades on the switch because I can play it now and I don't have an xbox... Just an xsx preorder. But I am worried about it killing my switch! 

I don't often play switch portable but I do a bit. I guess if I play it a silly amount (eg slay the spire) it might justify a purchase on Switch for handheld play but I think I'll just keep arguing myself out of the cost. 

But I bought a switch for zelda and Mario, not indie games. So it's all good. 

1 hour ago, Garwoofoo said:

Yeah, I bought Hades but knew I was getting GP and already had the PC version for flight sim so did think twice. 

I know PS+ had that effect on me, always wondering if you’d be made to feel a mug later if you bought something. 

I think GP is a little different in that first party stuff comes out straight away (I think) so you’re not left wondering. The indie stuff I can usually wait for or I’m more happy to buy anyway if I really want it for a tenner or whatever. 

For me, since the low cost of PC gaming and the rise of ‘free’ games, I’ve found I question the time I want to spend far more than the money, which had led to me asking all sorts of existential questions about whether I still want to take part in this hobby at all. He says the day after ordering a XSX. 

2 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

Hades isn't getting a port to other consoles anytime soon, and version 1.0 may well be the final version of the game bar bug fixing and small improvements. This is what I got from Supergiant's Reddit AMA yesterday. They're having a well deserved break for a few weeks very soon, before talking about their next big project. There was no sense in the AMA that an Xbox/PlayStation version of Hades is coming.

Buy the game on Switch!