Xbox Game Pass

10 minutes ago, Quest said:

I had that with Forza Horizon 4 once, but a full reboot of the console fixed it. I realise this probably isn't terribly helpful.

I’ve tried that but still the same. 

Also tried deleting and redownloading twice but still no luck :(

3 hours ago, Isaac said:

Please stop, I cannot keep up with this many games.

Honestly, despite me previously saying that I was coping ok with it, I am now not, at all, despite having a lot of spare gaming time. I'm enjoying Wasteland 3 but indications are that it is a 30+ hour minimum and that means that a lot of other stuff can't get played.

4 minutes ago, Mogster said:

You don't have to play everything. Just play what you want, when you want for as long as you want.

I'd like to be able to play things I've downloaded until I erase them or unsub, other than that it's great. 

1 hour ago, BeeJay said:

Honestly, despite me previously saying that I was coping ok with it, I am now not, at all, despite having a lot of spare gaming time. I'm enjoying Wasteland 3 but indications are that it is a 30+ hour minimum and that means that a lot of other stuff can't get played.

I've heard that it's more like an approximately 80 hour affair :blink: 

On 28/08/2020 at 09:06, moosegrinder said:

Because Double Kick Heroes is on game pass I'm going to shamelessly promote myself and @Marlewas we did a review of it for MHG. 

https://www.mentalhealthgaming.com/double-kick-heroes/

thanks for the heads up on this, I’d never heard of it but it looks like my sort of game.

actually playing it though and it seems a bit messed up on a pad, seems like it might have been designed to be played on a keyboard (or drums). I’m only on the second lowest difficulty and the only way I can hit buttons that fast is alternating fingers, which you can do on the main notes, but then grenades get introduced and mess that up, I’m going to map grenades to left trigger and bumper see if that helps, I would map them to the dpad but the button config screen doesn’t seem to work properly on pc anyway. Might try a keyboard too. What button setups are other people using?

still it’s a cool game, and I’m making progress in the story mode, despite sometimes feeling like I’m button mashing and just scraping through because of the generous hit window.

Yeah playing it on the switch was difficult because of exactly that. If you had the switch on a flat plane it was easier but you couldn't get to the shoulder buttons. It was fun when it worked but bad when it didn't.

Just now, spatular said:

^ cheers guys, I’ll give that a go, and maybe try some different button setups.

I found putting the upper and lower lanes on shoulder buttons worked best, but it's still not perfect.

Hypnospace Outlaw is interesting. Not sure it's something I could play for more than an hour or so at a time but pretty much unique and a very funny recreation of those dark late 90s days of the internet.

5 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

I found putting the upper and lower lanes on shoulder buttons worked best, but it's still not perfect.

i've been messing around with this and found something similar to that but the other way up worked ok for me (this is on an xbox pad)

low fire - A/dpad left

high fire - B/dpad down

grenade - right and left bumper

this messes up steering but that was on auto anyway, and probably will mess other stuff up for harder difficulties. was sort of enjoying it in the end! even though my playing was a bit all over the place still.

some bugs on the pc gamepass version - doesn't save fullscreen and key binding settings, you can't bind -ve axis to stuff, and it keeps losing connection to leaderboards. 

Played, and finished Gris this afternoon. Not a game I would usually play and due to the short play time, probably not one I'd buy unless it was mega cheap.

Thoroughly enjoyed it and perfect for a Sunday afternoon session. Absolutely gorgeous as well. Loved the artwork and the music.

Shame that Hotshot Racing isn't for PC Gamepass as well, but it's not the end of the world as I've got some credit on Steam. I think I stopped playing Disgaea games after 3 (in fact, my PS3 hard copy can be seen on my shelf next to very, very dusty copies of Tekken Tag 2 and Demon's Souls), so it'll be fun to catch up on it.

Luna Nights looks fucking lovely for a Metroidvania, although it has been out for a while on Steam I never got around to buying it - Hopefully Record of Lodoss War is on the menu if the deal goes well.

I was initially disappointed that Disgaea 4 wasn't coming to console but I don't know if I should be relieved given it's probably given me back 100 hours of my life

On 01/09/2020 at 14:29, RubberJohnny said:

Ooh, wouldn't mind WWZ, and haven't played a Disgaea since 2 in er... 2004?

I've still got to finish Tell Me Why, Hypnospace Outlaw and find some way of shifting Flight Sim from my SSD first though...

WWZ has been out for ages hasn't it?  I played it via Game Pass about two months ago.

It is absolutely rubbish - Left 4 Dead with no charm whatsoever. It's virtually the same game without the fun.