Xbox Game Pass

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

My brain automatically dismisses 2D pixel art roguelikes. 

I can understand why it’s not exactly an underrepresented genre but honest this one has that perfect one more run quality.  Video game crack.

8 hours ago, cassidy said:

I can understand why it’s not exactly an underrepresented genre but honest this one has that perfect one more run quality.  Video game crack.

It's really good isn't it. I'm stuck on the giant centipede boss. 

6 hours ago, carlospie said:

It's really good isn't it. I'm stuck on the giant centipede boss. 

Keep at it, think it took me a good 9hrs and lots of runs to beat him. Best advice for any run is the hit and jump technique. 

Undermine is amazing. I had my best run ever yesterday. Conduction (gold damages enemies when you pick it up) Bombushka (bombs Russian doll) Goldtooth (gold heals you) and the relic that makes gold explode on dropping and the level 3 canary meant I just ran into a room, hacked away at any gold node in the room and it pretty much auto cleared for me :D  

I obviously had other relics but they were the main ones (floaty boots are amaze too).

*hint for the second boss - you can kill him in under 5 seconds with a well placed Bombushka*

4 minutes ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Fuck that. I switch 90% of new games off after being killed once.

Yeah but it's par for the course with roguelikes. Each run you learn more or unlock more which makes it easier. 

It has a delightful gameplay loop though but can understand that it's not for everyone. 

Hypnospace Outlaw is wonderful, and something I thoroughly recommend to all gamepass owners.

That is, if you enjoy exploring and moderating a genuine fever dreamt 90s Geocities experience. Unrelentingly mad, but very enjoyable if you fit into Early Millenial / Gen Y's experiences of the internet.

Just to feedback...

Got GPU last year in the original £1 for the first month deal but only opted to convert 6 months of XBLG in case it didn't work out. It eventually expired and as I was busy and I don't have an XBox (was using for PC + crossplay), I didn't bother renewing.

The PC app came up with the offer of Game Pass for PC for £1 for the first month which I thought I wouldn't qualify for having had GPU but yep it let me sign up for the £1 and got a 2nd month free for turning on auto-renewal. I let this expire as I wasn't using it much but the PC app came up again with the 1 month for £1 trial for PC. But, this time it also offered the GPU trial for £1.

Decided to bite the bullet and bought 2 years of Brazilian XBLG for £40. Applied the keys to my account via my browser on PC using a free trial from NordVPN to get the Brazilian IP.

All keys redeemed fine so I tried the GPU £1 deal and it worked! It converted to 24 months of GPU + 2 months for turning auto renew on and off  between redeeming each key + my months trial @ £1.

27 months of GPU for £41. Looks like, for now at least, the £1 deal still works if you let your sub expire first.

3 hours ago, womblingfree said:

Might finally get round to finishing Resi VII.

Ha, same here, borrowed from a friend a few years back and got about halfway before just giving up, tension got the best of me.

Does anyone buy games after playing them on Game Pass, especially those created by indie developers?

I've put a lot of hours into Bloodstained: RotN and Hollow Knight recently and feel that I ought to show my appreciation to the actual Devs rather than MS for a cheap deal.

1 hour ago, Talvalin said:

Does anyone buy games after playing them on Game Pass, especially those created by indie developers?

I've put a lot of hours into Bloodstained: RotN and Hollow Knight recently and feel that I ought to show my appreciation to the actual Devs rather than MS for a cheap deal.

All the time. I bought Journey to the Savage Planet and it's DLC recently after completing it on Gamepass because I enjoyed it so much. Same with Children of Morta. 

2 hours ago, Quest said:

Spiritfarer is already available for download.

And it's rather good too. The animation is gorgeous, and it's not quite like anything else I've played so far.

I've never bought a Game Pass game outright, but as I understand it the devs do quite well out of game pass deals. It's not like Spotify where the artists just get a pittance unless they're insanely successful.

10 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I dunno, I think that it's good to buy a game for the devs to get more of a cut if you think it's worth it. It may be more relevant if you bought it once it left game pass.

Absolutely. I'm just saying that playing a Game Pass game without buying it outright is still good for the devs, just in case people feel like they're playing the games "for free". 

14 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

XGP_81820_HERO.thumb.jpg.ea4c0ab661bbf1c20734373298311f08.jpg

YES PLEASE

This is a pretty amazing line-up. There are at least five titles there I'm interested in and so far as I can tell they're all being added onto the service day 1 of release (Spiritfarer, Battletoads, Hypnospace Outlaw, Tell Me Why, Wasteland 3).

When you're in that 'between major releases' lull nothing even comes close to GamePass.

On 18/08/2020 at 09:33, cassidy said:

Yeah but it's par for the course with roguelikes. Each run you learn more or unlock more which makes it easier. 

It has a delightful gameplay loop though but can understand that it's not for everyone. 

Like pretty much 99% of all video games made before 1993, then.

Leaving game pass soon:

All going on the 31st:

Creature in the Well

Jackbox Party pack 3

Metro Redux

Metal Gear Solid HD

Giana Sisters

And then in September:

NBA 2k20 - 1st September

Red Dead Redemption 2 - 7th September

1 minute ago, PeteJ said:

Quick question - my lad plays a lot of Forza Horizon 4 via Gamepass on XBO. If I upgraded to the Ultimate edition will it apply to my Gamepass download? It's on sale at the moment and seems pretty good value. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/forza-horizon-4-ultimate-add-ons-bundle/9p7jj1fkqwxh?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Any upgrades or dlc should work fine unless the game is removed from game pass. Then you're left with something you can't use unless you purchase the base game.