rllmuk
Harsin

Xbox Game Pass

He's already paying for Game Pass though. I don't think Microsoft really care if you're playing the games on a One X or a Series X.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Clipper said:

I remember the days where we played the same 30+ minutes of gameplay over and over after we died with no changes at all between each run.

I did it yesterday in fact. it is pretty much every arcade style videogame ever made :D

More seriously I do treat roguelikes as being like an arcade game where the levels change each time I play - it is a nice variant in some cases/games.

Or the first 5 seconds of Expert 7 on Super Monkey Ball @Tim (@tbb)

• Upvote 2

After being lobbied by @jonamok to try Subnautica I'm hooked. Great example of a Game Pass game as it was something I was indifferent about trying when I first heard about it, but it's actually a bit of a gem having now dived in (excuse the pun) because of GP.

• Upvote 3

Had no idea The Touryst was headed to more systems, Shinen's first Xbox and PC title?

Have there been any more whispers about Control coming to Gamepass? 

I wasn't so bothered about playing it before it was mentioned, now I am keen but convinced that if I buy it it'll immediately go to Gamepass. 

It's on sale now, does anyone know if games have historically gone from discounted to Gamepass in quick succession? 

1 hour ago, FiveFootNinja said:

After being lobbied by @jonamok to try Subnautica I'm hooked. Great example of a Game Pass game as it was something I was indifferent about trying when I first heard about it, but it's actually a bit of a gem having now dived in (excuse the pun) because of GP.

Keep playing. It's brilliant. Going through it myself at the moment as well ^_^

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

Or the first 5 seconds of Expert 7 on Super Monkey Ball @Tim (@tbb)

I need to go back to that and get it finished once and for all!

3 minutes ago, Tim said:

I need to go back to that and get it finished once and for all!

Hahah! 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

I wasn't so bothered about playing it before it was mentioned, now I am keen but convinced that if I buy it it'll immediately go to Gamepass. 

It's on sale now, does anyone know if games have historically gone from discounted to Gamepass in quick succession? 

just buy it, it's not one you're going to regret.

58 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

Just now, footle said:

This

57 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

No nothing more yet. I paid 25 quid for it recently and wish I'd bought it at full price on release. It's fantastic.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Revival said:

Had no idea The Touryst was headed to more systems, Shinen's first Xbox and PC title?

Me neither. Nice surprise.

With control being on psnow until end August, I really can't see it being on XGP until at least beginning of September and then I don't think it is a given that it will come to XGP immediately.

I'll be playing Forager tomorrow as that has been on my wishlist for a while. Also looking forward to Grounded and the Touryst and Nowhere Project too.

Nothing for me on the leaving soon list. 

They explicitly said it wasn't coming to game pass any time soon when the rumours were rife. 

It's worth 25 quid for sure.

I bought Control in the previous sale, immediately fearing that it would subsequently turn up on Game Pass. Instead I ended up regretting not getting it full price when it was new - it's that good. It's Remedy back on form. Better than ever even. 

• Upvote 3

Isn't there a Series X patch in the works for Control? Wouldn't surprise me if it's on Game Pass come the launch month (Oct-Nov-ish)

Question: My Gamepass Ultimate has expired because i (foolishly) only bought 12 months worth of that £1 deal.

But now i'm more interested in the PC stuff, so do i buy the Gamepass for PC and ignore the XBone games? Or can i renew the job-lot somehow?

Obviously i don't want to pay the regular Ultimate subscription prices.

46 minutes ago, Curtis said:

Question: My Gamepass Ultimate has expired because i (foolishly) only bought 12 months worth of that £1 deal.

But now i'm more interested in the PC stuff, so do i buy the Gamepass for PC and ignore the XBone games? Or can i renew the job-lot somehow?

Obviously i don't want to pay the regular Ultimate subscription prices.

If you've expired, you should be able to re-do the £1 deal, or so I've read elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I thought it was explicitly a one time only deal?

The conversion is an ongoing deal for gold subscribers or so I have been told. I haven't verified it myself. 

Nah the conversion works whenever you don’t have an Ultimate subscription. Any Gamepass or Live Credit gets turned into Ultimate again at 1:1 ratio.

Its the one month for £1 that is a one time offer, so to do the conversion costs a full one month of Ultimate (£10.99)

• Upvote 1

Just now, dreamylittledream said:

Nah the conversion works whenever you don’t have an Ultimate subscription. Any Gamepass or Live Credit gets turned into Ultimate again at 1:1 ratio.

Its the one month for £1 that is a one time offer, so to do the conversion costs a full one month of Ultimate (£10.99)

Thanks for clarifying, thought I had made it up for a minute there. So the conversion is valid but the £1 isn't.

I booted up Journey to the Savage Planet last night, just to have a wee look and ended up turning it off six hours later. 

Such wildly inventive fun. 

I vastly regret buying Control, I played it for a couple of hours and never went near it again. 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, dreamylittledream said:

So you could just load up on Gold and pay £11 to make it ultimate all over again? 

Thst sounds like a loophole that will be closed. 

...or that they're going to stop selling gold and only sell Ultimate in the future. 

Until I noticed I was still paying for Ultimate and could piggy back off my OH's sub it was £10.99/month. Some of the functionality is lost when you do that, like you have to make an extra click through the store to install Game Pass games and I can't see Gold games in the Gold specific part of my library as it just wants me to resub to Gold again. And the Game Pass Quests for the sweet, sweet MS Reward points are inaccessible too. But it's not worth another £11 a month for convenience really.

• Upvote 1