rllmuk
Harsin

Xbox Game Pass

16 hours ago, crocked said:

Recently Hydro thunder hurricane was removed and I thought that was a first party title that Microsoft owned the rights to (according to Wikipedia they bought the Midway rights from Warner). I ended up buying it as it‘s a fun game but I can‘t see why it should have been removed.

The OG Xbox offering is slim pickings generally. For some reason games like Crimson Skies and Blinx are missing from Gamepass despite MS owning them (and being BC). Even the recent Voodoo Vince remaster is not available which is strange.

The following games are leaving at the end of the month:

- Metro Exodus
- Metal Slug X
- Life is Strange 2
- Neon Chrome
- Shadow Tactics
- Steamworld Dig 2
- The Flame in the Flood

Life is Strange 2 is particularly good, anyone who hasn't played it yet really should do so and you've got time to finish it before it goes.

• Upvote 5

Just now, Garwoofoo said:

- Metro Exodus
- Metal Slug X
- Life is Strange 2
- Neon Chrome
- Shadow Tactics
- Steamworld Dig 2
- The Flame in the Flood

Life is Strange 2 is particularly good, anyone who hasn't played it yet really should do so and you've got time to finish it before it goes.

Ah crap thank you - time to finish off Metro Exodus 

5 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Cheers for the heads-up, I must finally get around to playing it!

Damn, I always meant to get around to playing Metro Exodus, but never did (and won't have time now, either). Oh well, I'm sure it'll be cheap somewhere at some point.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure if the release date is in the American format or not but Cross Code was announced today via a reddit AMA as coming to Game Pass at launch.

and Sega have started promoting Game Pass...

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

4 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

shit that’s in my pile of shame! Would be tight for me to get 15-20 hours before end of the month but maybe I can pause Nier and get started on it....

5 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

- Metro Exodus
- Metal Slug X
- Life is Strange 2
- Neon Chrome
- Shadow Tactics
- Steamworld Dig 2
- The Flame in the Flood

I've had shadow tactics installed for months and months thinking I'd get round to it eventually. Uninstalled it yesterday to make room for dark souls and now this. It's my fault, guys. Sorry. :lol:

• Upvote 1

I’m sure it is, I was very much looking forward to playing it but, y’know, too many games, not enough time. 

Not keen on the GAME PASS and GOLD labels they've slapped over the game icons on the dash now. Looks ugly.

3 hours ago, Stanshall said:

Especially when I bought the majority before they were on GP. 

A similar issue is with stuff like Mortal Kombat X, where I have the "game of the year" type version with all the extra dlc, but sometimes it will just boot the standard version. I'm guessing it sometimes ignores the disc and just goes straight to the gamepass version. 

21 minutes ago, Skull Commander said:

A similar issue is with stuff like Mortal Kombat X, where I have the "game of the year" type version with all the extra dlc, but sometimes it will just boot the standard version. I'm guessing it sometimes ignores the disc and just goes straight to the gamepass version. 

I have the XL version as well, I'm fairly sure the Game Pass version allowed me to add all the DLC for free, since I already own it as part of the XL version, so I don't use the disk anymore

Morning everyone. What’s the best method of renewal for this? I’ve seen 6 months for £30, although it does state that it’s from Brazil. Does this make a difference?  

32 minutes ago, AfromB said:

Morning everyone. What’s the best method of renewal for this? I’ve seen 6 months for £30, although it does state that it’s from Brazil. Does this make a difference?  

I don't see why it wouldn't - you can redeem game codes and Xbox Live membership from other countries as long as you log in with a VPN.

The Messenger is fantastic. Seriously, you need to play it if you haven't already. 

• Upvote 1

I got fed up with The Messenger on Switch, but I'm excited about Observation. Hopefully it'll come to PC as well.

I don't even know what that other game is. Streets of Rage clone? Not sure how it'll hold up compared with SoR4, which is also on Game Pass.

From the name I'm going to guess it's a rogue like beat em up. Random 'dungeons' with loot n shit. I'd Google but I can't be bothered.

I googled. I'm wrong, it's a rogue-like but not a beat em up.

Only played an hour or so but Night Call could not have made a better impression. If you like the Sherlock games and French noir, with a side order of ambient dark Jazz, it seems a real winner.

It helps that I am reading the Red Riding Quartet at the moment I suppose, but that moody 'You are alone and being manipulated by powerful forces ' feeling is strong.

I'm replaying The Messenger at the minute. I think I forgot it in my last year's GotY awards when j played it on the Switch, but it definitely deserves a spot. I might put it somewhere in this year's given its just got an Xbox release. It's such a great little game with genuinely funny moments. 

33 minutes ago, cultofweaver said:

Only played an hour or so but Night Call could not have made a better impression. If you like the Sherlock games and French noir, with a side order of ambient dark Jazz, it seems a real winner.

It helps that I am reading the Red Riding Quartet at the moment I suppose, but that moody 'You are alone and being manipulated by powerful forces ' feeling is strong.

I thought it was really poor, with the politics being quite overbearing and the payoff at the end just isn't there.

Soul Calibur VI is up now, at least according to the app.

The following games are leaving in two weeks:

Dead Rising 4

Metal Gear Solid 5

Blazing Chrome

I wish you could filter the games in your library by expired from Gamepass to make it easier to delete them and free up space.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Soul Calibur VI is up now, at least according to the app.

The following games are leaving in two weeks:

Dead Rising 4

Metal Gear Solid 5

Blazing Chrome

Some big hitters leaving in 2 weeks, not just the above but also unavowed, which is well worth playing.

OOTP21 has also shown up for PC, which is a pretty massive addition for the service as a whole, if not so much for the european audience. I'll definitely be giving it a go.