rllmuk
Harsin

Xbox Game Pass

Minecraft dungeons on gamepass PC has regular and hero edition available for download but the xbox is just the regular one?

1 hour ago, beenabadbunny said:

Sorry if this is obvious / already covered elsewhere. I had a skim but in a 100+ page thread it's hard to be sure if you've missed something.

I don't have an Xbox One but I've subscribed to play on Windows.

Can my girlfriend play 'my' games on her own Xbox Live account on the same PC? Maintaining her own separate save files and achievements etc? Similar to how it works on PS Plus, where as long as one of us has an active subscription, the other can play.

Relatedly, if we play a couch co-op game like Moving Out or Overcooked 2, can she sign in on controller 2 and earn achievements?

The achievement part is less important. What I really want to know is whether we could both play separate games of The Outer Worlds.

I'm not 100% sure but fairly certain that doesn't work. Game Pass and store purchases are tied to the account that purchased it on PC. On console, yes, as long as the main account has bought something you can share without limit. On PC there's no sharing, I'm fairly sure she can't use her account to play your player games.

Couch co-op.is a different matter, if the game prompts the second player to log in I imagine that account will earn co-op achievements... You'd think so at least.

• Upvote 1

I tried looking for the screenshot thread but couldn't find it.

Anyway, I've started A Plague Tale on PC recently and I'm enjoying it a lot so far, although I keep on having to stop to take photos:

A_Plague_Tale__Innocence_26_05_2020_10_02_44_resized.thumb.png.45837f53b7bd8bdde5397d79347b26e8.png

A_Plague_Tale__Innocence_26_05_2020_10_35_07_resized.thumb.png.86009dc3d05d1edffaf8afc0ca92815e.png

(Don't click if you don't like rats:)

Spoiler

A_Plague_Tale__Innocence_26_05_2020_10_04_58_resized.thumb.png.00c2dd2be3522872a676d19a18a01663.png

• Upvote 4

59 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I'm not 100% sure but fairly certain that doesn't work. Game Pass and store purchases are tied to the account that purchased it on PC. On console, yes, as long as the main account has bought something you can share without limit. On PC there's no sharing, I'm fairly sure she can't use her account to play your player games.

Thanks. That seems to match what I had worked out from a bit of trial and error. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

59 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Couch co-op.is a different matter, if the game prompts the second player to log in I imagine that account will earn co-op achievements... You'd think so at least.

It assigns both controllers to my gamertag and there is no obvious way I could see to attach a different gamertag to controller 2.

28 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

No Man's Sky is getting added next month. 

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/05/26/no-man-sky-xbox-game-pass-june/

Oh that's good. I fancy trying it with the Elite pad and on an XB1X. I never got the XB version because I was so many hours into my PS4 save. I'll start a new save on the Xbox - the opening few hours are the best anyway, and the game seems to be designed to start from scratch after each major expansion/rejig.

18 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

It assigns both controllers to my gamertag and there is no obvious way I could see to attach a different gamertag to controller 2.

If there was a way it would automatically prompt you, like on Xbox. Seems like the PC experience is completely tied to a single account.

If you're on Ultimate rather than standard Game Pass, you could always consider getting your girlfriend an Xbox for her birthday, make your PC Ultimate account the main account on that Xbox, and then she can play all of the Game Pass games on console (there's a huge overlap between GP Xbox and PC but not 100%) with her own account and saves on that Xbox. Eventually, after 6 or 7 full price games if you get an X, it works out far cheaper than her buying all of her own games. (Although with the Series X so close...)

• Upvote 1

No Man's Sky is awesome - that's a brilliant addition to the library.

And, if you play it now, you're pretty much playing the 'finished' game rather than some ever-changing work-in-progress.

So you can't play with randoms in Minecraft Dungeons? That sucks.

1 minute ago, Ry said:

So you can't play with randoms in Minecraft Dungeons? That sucks.

no crossplay either so wasn't able to join my kids from pc.  They were gutted for all of 5 mins :)

Question from my kids - they're trying to play Overcooked 2 with a friend online.  Can you split it so 2 play on the same system and another joins online?

11 minutes ago, fattakin said:

no crossplay either so wasn't able to join my kids from pc.  They were gutted for all of 5 mins :)

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Revival said:

We tried only the Join Game option, which was greyed out.  Never sent an invite, will try that tomorrow.  Thanks! its a lot of fun.

• Upvote 1

Awesome, if the PC version has the extras like the Hero’s cape, I can wear that and make my console owning mates jealous AF in multiplayer :ph34r:

edit: Only the standard version appears to be free now, not the Hero edition

Loving Minecraft Dungeons, cute and fun, simple story, easy to jump into, nice variety of random weapon buffs and weapon choice, and just very moreish.

Played through 7 of the areas, assume there’s a few more still to go, can see at least three or four on the map. Got an excellent diamond pickaxe that leaches health from every mob I kill, which has been a literal lifesaver. 

Playing with the nephew tomorrow, imagine it’s even better in multiplayer. Thank you Game Pass.

1 hour ago, jonamok said:

Loving Minecraft Dungeons, cute and fun, simple story, easy to jump into, nice variety of random weapon buffs and weapon choice, and just very moreish.

Played through 7 of the areas, assume there’s a few more still to go, can see at least three or four on the map. Got an excellent diamond pickaxe that leaches health from every mob I kill, which has been a literal lifesaver. 

Playing with the nephew tomorrow, imagine it’s even better in multiplayer. Thank you Game Pass.

Probably worth spinning its own thread out, but my boys who have been practically wetting themselves with excitement of this being released, have literally spent almost the entire day playing it (yeah, yeah I know parenting but in our defence I'm a key worker in the field and its half term so my wife has been revelling in actually managing just to do the one full time job from home rather than two so sue us).  Their verdict is its amazing!!

I watched them play for about 45 minutes when I got home and it looks great - campaign looks like it might be a little brief with only 10 stages but its procedural - so a replay on higher difficulties is almost a new game but with better loot.

Looking forward to working out how to cross play from my PC and join them at the weekend.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Boothjan said:

Question from my kids - they're trying to play Overcooked 2 with a friend online.  Can you split it so 2 play on the same system and another joins online?

Yes, that works. 

Just now, Fargo said:

Is there a date for when No Mans Sky arrives ?

Not yet.

I'm hoping, and assuming it will be early June. The official Twitter only seems to post about games that are ready to go, even for first party games, which usually get hyped about 10 days out. My prediction for NMS is early next week. They may have said 'June' because the game pass version has to pass certification or some other system before release.

1 hour ago, Fargo said:

Is there a date for when No Mans Sky arrives ?

No Dates, Man. 

• Upvote 1

My wife and I started Minecraft Dungeons earlier. I assume the best setup is for her to create her own Xbox account, right? She used a guest account for the tutorial but I can't seem to find out if those are anything other than throwaway burner accounts. (Not sure if it's just me but I'm finding the Xbox system UI baffling as well.)

Is a Hotmail account considered a Microsoft account these days? Could she just sign in with hers?

3 hours ago, DeciderVT said:

My wife and I started Minecraft Dungeons earlier. I assume the best setup is for her to create her own Xbox account, right? She used a guest account for the tutorial but I can't seem to find out if those are anything other than throwaway burner accounts. (Not sure if it's just me but I'm finding the Xbox system UI baffling as well.)

Is a Hotmail account considered a Microsoft account these days? Could she just sign in with hers?

All Microsoft accounts are single log in so if she has a working Hotmail then that will work.