rllmuk
Harsin

Xbox Game Pass

2 hours ago, AfromB said:

I’ve just had a quick go on Cities Skylines. It seems a little too heavy on the micromanaging in style for my tastes. Is there anything similar but a bit more lightweight?

It's actually less so than the later EA ones.

2 possible options though, The original Sim City on the SNES is the best version of that and the mobiles have a Sim City clone called Pocket City that's rather nice.

On console, it's not quite the same thing but take a look at Project Highrise, essentially a love letter to another Maxis game, Sim Tower.

A question for those that have finished them... Tacoma and/or Deliver Us The Moon... do either require twitch type play or fine control to enjoy?

I setup OneCast on my work MacBook on Friday and played Fractured Minds streamed during my lunch break (I can't play on the actual console during the day as the games room is also my son's playroom). It was okay but suffered a bit of control lag - enough that something like Ori wouldn't work - but I wondered if these would be okay?

There is a very brief section of To The Moon towards the end which will be a bit fiddly, but that that bit is extremely short. Tacoma shouldn't offer any problems at all.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, footle said:

Liking Golf with your friends

But can you find the gingerbread man on the practice course?

26 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons is just :wub::wub:

If you haven't finished it yet then you should do ASAP as it's leaving GP at the end of the month. Thankfully it's only a few hours long, IIRC.

• Upvote 1

On 22/05/2020 at 14:29, Fargo said:

Alan Wake is up now. 

Has this got any improvements on the X, does anyone know?

1 hour ago, Jamie John said:

If you haven't finished it yet then you should do ASAP as it's leaving GP at the end of the month. Thankfully it's only a few hours long, IIRC.

Thanks for the heads up - I'm a couple of hours in so I'll make finishing it a priority! 

If you use a VPN to apply credit to your account you can buy a brazillian 12 month gold subscription for £24 from CDkeys (sometimes they're even cheaper).   That converts to 4months of Game Pas Ultimate.   £6 a month for GPU?   Yeah sure why not.

If you haven't done the GPU £1 conversion trick then that means you could get 3 years gold and then convert it all to GPU for £73.  About £2 a month equivelant.  You'd be mad not to.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, rafaqat said:

If you use a VPN to apply credit to your account you can buy a brazillian 12 month gold subscription for £24 from CDkeys (sometimes they're even cheaper).   That converts to 4months of Game Pas Ultimate.   £6 a month for GPU?   Yeah sure why not.

If you haven't done the GPU £1 conversion trick then that means you could get 3 years gold and then convert it all to GPU for £73.  About £2 a month equivelant.  You'd be mad not to.

In fact I've just done this for a nephew who now has 33 months of GPU. He's also a big PC player so I'm sure it'll be used well.   Since my kids and I are on Game Pass and so are most of my nephews and nieces (we all play each other lots) I think MS has our business locked down for the foreseable.   That's pretty much what they're after rather than consoles sales.   Out of all of us I'll likely also get a PS5 but the rest are now in the MS Ecosystem till 2023 with a huge amount of momentum needed to get them to leave.

On 23/05/2020 at 20:57, footle said:

Liking Golf with your friends

I really wanted to like it but gave up. Played through the forest course then started the haunted house, but couldn't figure out what was going on with most of the holes. Seemed a little too crazy and don't get me started on those controls... 

1 hour ago, Skull Commander said:

I really wanted to like it but gave up. Played through the forest course then started the haunted house, but couldn't figure out what was going on with most of the holes. Seemed a little too crazy and don't get me started on those controls... 

Some of the other courses are a bit much. Volcano was particularly wacky.

the candy one is ok, and the Egypt one.

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I finally got tired of waiting and just bought Control in the sale. So if it's announced for Game Pass tomorrow, you all can thank me for that.

It was worth the £25 - played it all last week, and considered another £13 for the PC version in the epic store sale.

• Upvote 1

Thought I'd finally try out Hellblade tonight as I don't want to start anything too lengthy with TLOU2 looming on the horizon.

I was pretty much falling asleep within 45 minutes out of boredom. Does it get any more interesting? Great sound design and very nice looking but it's not hooked me at all yet.

8 hours ago, Majora said:

Thought I'd finally try out Hellblade tonight as I don't want to start anything too lengthy with TLOU2 looming on the horizon.

I was pretty much falling asleep within 45 minutes out of boredom. Does it get any more interesting? Great sound design and very nice looking but it's not hooked me at all yet.

If you don't like it yet, then I'm afraid to say it isn't going to get much better. It has it's fans but I was much like you and saw it through till the end, and it really doesn't change much gameplay wise. 

On 17/05/2020 at 19:32, BeeJay said:

What to play on Game Pass Ultimate - Leaving soon edition

Seven games are 'leaving soon' (Usually at the end of the month so 31st May 2020):

Opus Magnum (PC)
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (XBOX, PC))
Hydro Thunder Hurricane (XBOX, PC)
KOF98UM (XBOX)
#IDARB (XBOX)
Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones (PC)
Old Man's Journey (XBOX, PC)

A strange bunch this time around. Brothers and stealth inc 2 are both undoubtedly games worth playing but I'm not going to focus on those because they are relatively old and quite well known. Nothing really sticks out as a must play.

It's not a 'must play' but I just really enjoyed my couple of hours playthrough of Old Man's Journey. It's a gentle perspective puzzle thing along the lines of Monument Valley. Gave me a good way to calm down between RE2 sessions. Leaves Game Pass at the weekend.  

1 hour ago, Skull Commander said:

If you don't like it yet, then I'm afraid to say it isn't going to get much better. It has it's fans but I was much like you and saw it through till the end, and it really doesn't change much gameplay wise. 

Hmmmm. Might give it another session but if I get bored during that one then I probably won't persevere. As well done as the whole whispering voices thing is, it's not really something to hang an entire game around if the combat and puzzles are so thin. 

1 hour ago, Marzipan Travolta said:

It's not a 'must play' but I just really enjoyed my couple of hours playthrough of Old Man's Journey. It's a gentle perspective puzzle thing along the lines of Monument Valley. Gave me a good way to calm down between RE2 sessions. Leaves Game Pass at the weekend.  

I thought it was quite nice too (and a relatively easy way to get some achievements if you care about that kind of thing/need them for Xbox Rewards).

Minecraft Dungeons is fairly simple but quite fun. It's like Diablo III super-lite. When you complete the game it unlocks the harder difficulties so that might be where replayability comes in, bit me and the missus co-oped this morning and it had fun with it.

It's a bit odd you can't share gear and arrows. Seems like an oversight.

• Upvote 1

My 9 year old daughter and I have just started Minecraft Dungeons. Simple enough for her to get to grips with, and not too taxing playwise. 

Aye Minecraft Dungeons is quite charming, if you’re a fan of the Minecraft art style. I’ll play though it, and I reckon my daughters will love it. 
It would be nice if you could import the maps into the original game and view them in first person! 

• Upvote 1

I think it's safe to say it's aimed at a younger market but there looks like there'll be enough going on later on in the game to hold older people's interest. If people are expecting Path Of Exile or Diablo III or Grim Dawn they're gonna be disappointing.

Sorry if this is obvious / already covered elsewhere. I had a skim but in a 100+ page thread it's hard to be sure if you've missed something.

I don't have an Xbox One but I've subscribed to play on Windows.

Can my girlfriend play 'my' games on her own Xbox Live account on the same PC? Maintaining her own separate save files and achievements etc? Similar to how it works on PS Plus, where as long as one of us has an active subscription, the other can play.

Relatedly, if we play a couch co-op game like Moving Out or Overcooked 2, can she sign in on controller 2 and earn achievements?

The achievement part is less important. What I really want to know is whether we could both play separate games of The Outer Worlds.