rllmuk
Harsin

Xbox Game Pass

2 hours ago, Black Cat Supremacist said:

For me there’s nothing on it I want to play beyond Sea of Thieves. For that sort of price I want a Netflix of games.  Netflix has totally shook up the entertainment market in regard to value for money

That's a choice you can make!

I paid £40 for God Of War. I'm not going to get 5 months of entertainment out of it at £8/month, and I've never traded games in and am unlikely to start now. I don't think that that was particularly bad value for money, and I don't think Game Pass at ~£8-10/month with first party titles (at £10/month it's still four months before I've started losing money on buying Sea of Thieves, and I'll at least try State of Decay 2) and some relatively recent third party games is particularly bad value for money either.

• Upvote 2

The difference in outlook on perceived value comes down to how much of the available content library you have an interest in and whether you do resell games/buy them at fullprice. If like Black Cat Supremacist, you only like a single game and you are open to reselling games, then you probably don't consider it good value for money. And if you mentally compare it to the value from something like Netflix, most alternative subscription options are going to come off worse :)

It's the same situation with console platforms, their value to you personally comes down to how much of the available software you have an interest in.

Twenty One titles are leaving Game Pass on May 31st.

If you're currently playing any of these titles through Game Pass, make sure you finish them within the next three weeks.

Xbox One

Blood Bowl 2

Defense Grid 2

Xbox 360

Age of Booty

Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2

BioShock 

BioShock 2 

BioShock Infinite 

Borderlands

Bound by Flame

de Blob 2 

Dead Rising 2: Case Zero

Dig Dug

Final Fight: Double Impact

NeoGeo Battle Coliseum

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Sacred 3

SEGA Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co.

SEGA Vintage Collection: Golden Axe

SoulCalibur

XCOM: Enemy Within

Be interesting to see how many are added on June the 1st.

11 minutes ago, Revival said:

Twenty One titles are leaving Game Pass on May 31st.

If you're currently playing any of these titles through Game Pass, make sure you finish them within the next three weeks.

Xbox One

Blood Bowl 2

Defense Grid 2

Xbox 360

Age of Booty

Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2

BioShock 

BioShock 2 

BioShock Infinite 

Borderlands

Bound by Flame

de Blob 2 

Dead Rising 2: Case Zero

Dig Dug

Final Fight: Double Impact

NeoGeo Battle Coliseum

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Sacred 3

SEGA Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co.

SEGA Vintage Collection: Golden Axe

SoulCalibur

XCOM: Enemy Within

Be interesting to see how many are added on June the 1st.

Obviously a big announcement at E3.

That's a lot to get rid of in one go, plus isn't the price going up sometime? Unless there's something great going up to replace them I might not bother going forward.

2 hours ago, Eighthours said:

Laser League, the new multiplayer game from roll7 (the OlliOlli people) should be up on Game Pass today. Apparently it's really good!

This looks great.

I have a couple of months of codes for this and have enjoyed it so far. Starting gear of war 4 the weekend. That said with the price going up and removal of so many games I am hoping there will be an improvement otherwise I might stop it going forward. I already pay for live, ps plus and the nintendo's version coming up, something may have to budge as it is ^_^

Along with those twenty one titles an extra four are leaving Game Pass at the end of the month:

Xbox One Mad Max
360 LEGO Batman
360 Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space
360 Sam & Max Save the World

37 minutes ago, Revival said:

Here's six new ones, More are coming.

Well, hopefully more are coming but how do you know?

Actually went looking for that Disney one to see if it was on the service to show my daughter before we go next week, at least it'll be there to keep her going when we get back :)

Signed up for my 14 day free trial yesterday with the intention of giving State of Decay 2 a go. My, it is pretty buggy, difficult to play in gameworld nighttime with a dodgy flashlight that keeps switching itself off. Eventually crashed, but I will go back to it because I liked the first one and it does seem to have a lot of nice ideas in there.Hope it gets a bit of rework/patching soon.

Anyway, left it for now and gave Rime a go instead. Now I found that much more enjoyable, played for a good couple of hours and will definitely carry on with it. Very relaxing.

Can anyone recommend anything else on there that might be considered 'hidden gems' that I might have passed on during normal retail release now that they're available to try for free/a cheap sub?

A Gamepass type of service seems like a great idea for that type of game, IE not blockbusters or big name stuff, but those smaller games that end up with loyal/solid groups of supporters and players. 

2 hours ago, multiclunk said:

Can anyone recommend anything else on there that might be considered 'hidden gems' that I might have passed on during normal retail release now that they're available to try for free/a cheap sub?

ReCore, Super Lucky's Tale, Sunset Overdrive. Maybe not real gems, but I've enjoyed them for what they are.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, stefcha said:

ReCore, Super Lucky's Tale, Sunset Overdrive. Maybe not real gems, but I've enjoyed them for what they are.

Sunset Overdrive is a gem, albeit one that can be picked up for a fiver now

ReCore and Lucky are fun too.

The remaster of DmC is on there too if you've never played and is great.  And Rise of the Tomb Raider

• Upvote 1

Mad Max (leaving very soon ) - Most underrated game of the generation.

Brothers - Amazing and unique

ClusterTruck - One More Go madness

Limbo - classic

Ninja Gaiden Black - Another Classic

Oxenfree - 

Pumped BMX - Trials esque with tricks

Riptide GP Renegade - Jetskis with Jet Engines

Dirt Rally - Bastard Hard Rallying

Saints Row IV - Giant Dildo Bats

The Flame and The Flood - Charming Survival

The Hunter : Call of The Wild - Beautiful Animal killing

Zoo Tycoon - Beautiful Animal feeding

• Upvote 3

Thanks all, will give some of those a go.

Already done Brothers & Limbo and loved them, Dirt Rally disc has been in and out my Xbox for almost 2 years now, great great game.

Anyone for a MotoGP night at some point?    I think it was the first game I played on live on the original xbox and had a great time. 

I know there is a special offer on again at the moment, to get a months gamepass for £1, but it wouldn't let me purchase it (maybe for new members only?) but Amazon also have a reasonable offer on today.... 6 months gamepass for £23.99

https://amazon.co.uk/Xbox-Game-Month-Membership-Download/dp/B079XXN6WP/ref=gbps_tit_s-4_0d3b_26f7295f?smid=AR9ZQCUDB1BRG&pf_rd_p=00541491-9603-4c4c-809d-bed1abeb0d3b&pf_rd_s=slot-4&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=8YYKZE15T2WFVFWE3EKY

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, SteveH said:

I know there is a special offer on again at the moment, to get a months gamepass for £1, but it wouldn't let me purchase it (maybe for new members only?) but Amazon also have a reasonable offer on today.... 6 months gamepass for £23.99

https://amazon.co.uk/Xbox-Game-Month-Membership-Download/dp/B079XXN6WP/ref=gbps_tit_s-4_0d3b_26f7295f?smid=AR9ZQCUDB1BRG&pf_rd_p=00541491-9603-4c4c-809d-bed1abeb0d3b&pf_rd_s=slot-4&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=8YYKZE15T2WFVFWE3EKY

Good day for it if they've had to delay Crackdown 3.