Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

I expect someone will refer me to a post earlier in this thread, but I found out yesterday that game pass games on an xbox when played via cloud don't support local multiplayer - ie two of us sat on the sofa with a controller each trying to play a game together.

Even games like Gears 4 and Quake which have the 'press [3 lines button] to join' option for players to join locally. The button does nothing. 

Install locally (Quake) and the button works.

I guess it's a limitation of cloud streaming, but it'd be nice if it said that somewhere.

Frog Detective on PC Gamepass.

Humorous first person point and click style game where you go around as a Frog solving mysteries (Ghost on an Island, who ruined all the party decorations etc).

Seems short and easy going and a very quick achievement completion by the looks of things.

On 15/12/2022 at 11:04, Garwoofoo said:

I'd love to know who was responsible for taking this amazing platformer, perfect to play with kids, then making the lead characters two bitter, bickering adults going through a divorce.

Given his previous two games (and his previous career as a frustrated filmmaker) I think we can comfortably lay that one at the feet of its director/writer, Josef Fares. A true master of "fun gameplay mechanic, shame about the story", made worse by his dedication to making his games heavy on the narrative.

1 hour ago, the_debaser said:

Of course Dragons Quest XI would leave just as I’m about to start playing it. Fucking gamepass. 

To be fair, it's been on there for ages. And it's an excellent game you likely wouldn't regret buying, I own it on three systems now. Got a copy for review on initial release on PS4, wanted it on PC for easy access in the future, and bought it again on Series X for the additional content once I saw it hit a good price.

• 2 weeks later...

Question about the method in the opening post - can this be done every year? I need to renew my daughter’s Game Pass but can’t really afford £120 for three years Xbox Live - can I just do it for 12 months, let it lapse and do it again?

43 minutes ago, ckny said:

Question about the method in the opening post - can this be done every year? I need to renew my daughter’s Game Pass but can’t really afford £120 for three years Xbox Live - can I just do it for 12 months, let it lapse and do it again?

Currently yes but one suspects at some point Microsoft may stop it so no guarantees it will still be an option in a years time (it has been like for this for over 3 years mind).

57 minutes ago, ckny said:

12 minutes ago, dreamylittledream said:

Currently yes but one suspects at some point Microsoft may stop it so no guarantees it will still be an option in a years time (it has been like for this for over 3 years mind).

I wouldn't be surprised if 2023 is when they finally block this trick. They've finally got big games coming out, they're increasing their game prices to follow suit with the rest of the industry, and with Starfield out they could figure that by itself is enough of a draw. All speculative on my part of course - they didn't block this trick when Infinite came out either, so... who knows. 

has there been any hint on when gamepass family & friends is due for UK?

my Son's gamepass is up in a few days and usually I let it expire and then use rewards points to renew for 13 months for 72k points. However I know that when f&f comes in I can switch my remaining months but he can't be added to my account til his expires. F&F will be much simpler for me to handle so not sure if I should just renew his monthly ish (probably buying 3 months gold at 15k points to extend 50 days) and assume F&F will appear soon.

1 minute ago, Hitcher said:

Why isn't he simply sharing yours now?

because I dont want to faff around with primary console "this" and must be logged on "that"*

* - longer explanation -

he plays on two consoles and at any one time I want to be logged in on a.n.other console.

Basically I could set his console as my primary but then if he wants to play on another console I have to be logged in so he gets my gamepass - then if I want to play on his or another at same time I can't as I am logged on with him on another.

9 minutes ago, Clipper said:

he plays on two consoles and at any one time I want to be logged in on a.n.other console.

Basically I could set his console as my primary but then if he wants to play on another console I have to be logged in so he gets my gamepass - then if I want to play on his or another at same time I can't as I am logged on with him on another.

470855069_Screenshot_20221230_174459_FirefoxFocus.thumb.jpg.aaab85c6a04a402cd73284e53c3f5ac8.jpg