Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

I've played 2 of the 3 acts of Pentiment and it's really great. Fantastic character development, gorgeous art style and you can feel a lot of love has gone into it. 

Quick tip (that the game doesn't spell out too obviously) - you can obviously choose your own answers and make your own choices, but if you try to not antagonise any of the NPCs/focus on 'buttering them up', you'll be more in their favour, and this can be crucial later when you need to persuade them later to spill their beans for investigationary hi-jinks. I only partially did this and I deeply regretted it. 

I've also been playing Battlefield 2042 and, jeez, this is a step down from previous Battlefields in my opinion. Far too much guff, fluff and pointless aesthetics or bizarre removals, combined with some poor BF maps makes for not the best experience. I got to Level 20 tonight (so been playing quite a bit) but had enough now. 

It really pissed me off that due to the lack of Server browser I was forced to play with PC gamers, as disabling cross play led me to a dead Xbox server every single time. It also played *fine* on Series S, but draw distances were sometimes an issue and everything looked washed out, despite some tinkering to fix this.

If I go back to a Battlefield it'll likely be on the PS5 and not this version... 

So similar to my question in the Prime Gaming thread, my son just got a PC for his birthday. If I sign into the Microsoft Store app on his separate Windows user, so that he can access Game Pass PC through my GPU sub, will he automatically be signed into games as my Xbox user? I want him to be able to play as his (limited) kid user generally but access my library so he can install Minecraft, TABS, etc.

you should be able to have him sign in as himself but it gets really complicated and I never understood it even when I did make it work. You have to have some combination of Windows login, MS Store login and Xbox Gamepass app login.

It might be as simple as this:

sign into your kids pc account, open xbox app, sign them out of that and sign in with your account, download the games they want to play via gamepass, once done sign out of the xbox app and sign their account back into the xbox app, job done they can play normally.

12 hours ago, friedgold said:

I've been looking forward to, and indeed keep trying, to play Soccer Story this evening but can get no further than the 'Press A to Play' title screen. Not a very positive first impression.

Happened to me too. And a restart sorted it. 

It's a nice little RPG btw with football. 

13 hours ago, friedgold said:

I've been looking forward to, and indeed keep trying, to play Soccer Story this evening but can get no further than the 'Press A to Play' title screen. Not a very positive first impression.

Sometimes it can really help to do a shutdown and actually unplug it from the wall. Leave for a minite and switch it back on as that often clears most problems.

Leaving:

Aliens: Fireteam Elite (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Breathedge (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Firewatch (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Lake (Cloud, Console, and PC)

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Neoverse (Cloud and Console)

Race with Ryan (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour (Console) EA Play

Transformers: Battlegrounds (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Fortunately I've finished the things in there I wanted to play, but I imagine  a few people are still working their way through DQXI.

38 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

I'm interested to try Eastward as well. I've been thinking about getting it on the Switch for a while now. Good stuff!

I've bought it on switch 2 weeks ago. I've played a few hours and like it a lot! The story and atmosphere in particular are great. Gameplay wise it's fairly basic so far but I'm hoping it will become more interesting. 

Just now, Sane said:

I've bought it on switch 2 weeks ago. I've played a few hours and like it a lot! The story and atmosphere in particular are great. Gameplay wise it's fairly basic so far but I'm hoping it will become more interesting. 

Yeah, it looks lovely, and I'm sure it'll pop nicely on the OLED. I've read that it's a bit baggy, however, and the characters talk more than they need to. I might play it for a couple of hours on GP and then get the Switch version if I like it. 

There is a lot of talking, but it's really well done. And I'm someone who skips all dialogue in most games. 

Also I haven't noticed any lag.

Edit: you said baggy. It definitely takes it's time, I can't really tell yet if it'll stay like that or if it will pay off.