Jump to content

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST


Harsin
 Share

Recommended Posts

Can anyone suggest a decent couch multi-player game that I can play with my wife, who is not hugely into games but knows her way around a controller?

 

Ideally co-op or competitive in a way that does not punish novices, and not 3D as she gets a bit woozy watching FPS games.

 

Mario Party would be ideal if something similar exists; Phogs was a good laugh before it got pulled from the service, and Minecraft Dungeons is probably the best alternative I know of.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I recently played through Unravel Two via EA Play with my partner, essentially a slide scrolling platformer with psuedo 3D sections. Looks beautiful and plays really well with the ability for one player to almost play both roles at times when the platforming / swinging gets a little trickier. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stardew Valley has a split-screen mode, if you want a pure co-operative experience it can be very involving to work on a farm together (and the controls are simple).

 

Nobody Saves The World is a great game too and I'm pretty sure that has local co-op.

 

Gang Beasts is probably the closest you'll get to Mario Party, but I haven't played that one myself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BossSaru said:

Can anyone suggest a decent couch multi-player game that I can play with my wife, who is not hugely into games but knows her way around a controller?

 

Ideally co-op or competitive in a way that does not punish novices, and not 3D as she gets a bit woozy watching FPS games.

 

Mario Party would be ideal if something similar exists; Phogs was a good laugh before it got pulled from the service, and Minecraft Dungeons is probably the best alternative I know of.


Human Fall Flat. It’s 3D but slow moving. One of the best co-op games I’ve ever played.
 

Unravel 2. That one is 2D. Amazing graphics. The first Unravel is not Co-Op but a brilliant game and worth a play.

 

Both are fantastic in co-op, great fun and a good laugh. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anyone else get renewal reminders for Game Pass, despite having plenty of time on their subscription? I get regular e-mails and dashboard reminders about it, yet I've over a year of GPU left.

 

My actual service has never been disrupted. I'm guessing the hiccup is due to the way I extend my subscription by redeeming months of Gold via Rewards, just curious if anyone else gets similar messages.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Ferine said:

Does anyone else get renewal reminders for Game Pass, despite having plenty of time on their subscription? I get regular e-mails and dashboard reminders about it, yet I've over a year of GPU left.

 

My actual service has never been disrupted. I'm guessing the hiccup is due to the way I extend my subscription by redeeming months of Gold via Rewards, just curious if anyone else gets similar messages.

 

No. If anything mine has gone real quiet since it ends in December and it's a good job I checked as I'd been put back onto auto-renewal. Which I know I didn't set. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Ferine said:

Does anyone else get renewal reminders for Game Pass, despite having plenty of time on their subscription? I get regular e-mails and dashboard reminders about it, yet I've over a year of GPU left.

 

My actual service has never been disrupted. I'm guessing the hiccup is due to the way I extend my subscription by redeeming months of Gold via Rewards, just curious if anyone else gets similar messages.


i dont get emails but its always on the dash, i think it might be because i have auto renew off and it wants me to turn it back on

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 17/11/2022 at 16:30, Ferine said:

Does anyone else get renewal reminders for Game Pass, despite having plenty of time on their subscription? I get regular e-mails and dashboard reminders about it, yet I've over a year of GPU left.

 

My actual service has never been disrupted. I'm guessing the hiccup is due to the way I extend my subscription by redeeming months of Gold via Rewards, just curious if anyone else gets similar messages.

Regular dashboard reminders that it's expiring soon despite still having more than 2 years on it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else ever get games stuck on "syncing data" when trying to launch (on PC). Troubleshooting steps seem to be the usual "uninstall and reinstall everything". I'm surprised that a game will just try to sync indefinitely and there's no failure state or error code, seems very sloppy. Aside from being cheaper than buying games on Steam it just seems to be pure downsides. e.g. there's also no access to local files for modifying settings / applying mods.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rorschach said:

. e.g. there's also no access to local files for modifying settings / applying mods.

 

yeah you can, well now you can. it was added a while back. Its basically just a downloader like steam now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A question. A while ago I took out three years Game Pass Ultimate using the instructions at the start of this thread. I still had a good two years left, then recently I got an offer from BT for six months GPU. Assuming this would stack with my existing membership I took the offer but now it appears I just have the six months left!

 

Is there anything I can do about this or have I fucked it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 16/11/2022 at 14:44, Stoppy2000 said:

Overcooked 2? Be prepared to start shouting at each other after a few levels though....

Overcooked is the most stressful game ever created. It's worse than being at work. No matter how I go into it logically, employing all the process analysis and Lean I've learned over the years, you'll still hate who you play with. That's bad when it's your kids.

 

Overcooked 2 tried too hard, the levels are bullshit rather than fiendish.

 

Everyone should try it at least once for family gaming night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Fierce Poodle said:

A question. A while ago I took out three years Game Pass Ultimate using the instructions at the start of this thread. I still had a good two years left, then recently I got an offer from BT for six months GPU. Assuming this would stack with my existing membership I took the offer but now it appears I just have the six months left!

 

Is there anything I can do about this or have I fucked it?


Not sure if this is the correct answer, but hopefully you see out that six months and then it’ll revert back to your previous subscription.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pekoe said:

I would still check with BT, have they taken control of your gamer account for payments. They do if you sign up for packages with Netflix and Now TV with them.

Yes, I was going to say something similar. I vaguely remember someone else having a problem with the BT deal, but I can’t remember who it was or how they resolved it. Sorry!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.