Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

Just now, Ravern said:

You can install remotely via the Xbox website. Saw that on reddit and still seems to be the only way - mobile app doesn't work either.

Is it playable yet?

2 minutes ago, Ry said:

Medieval Dynasty only runs at a very sluggish 30fps. 

Not good, I just can't handle it anymore. 

I have a horrible suspicion that when Unreal Engine 5 games start arriving a lot of games will be back to 30fps. Most new games already are 30fps if you want to play the quality preset. 

29 minutes ago, Mallet said:

Most new games already are 30fps if you want to play the quality preset. 

Well of course :huh: If the Quality preset runs at 60, there's no need for a Performance preset surely?

I'm hopeful that with the quality/performance presets having become standard in this long crossgen period, that even with next-gen exclusive games they'll offer a 30FPS Quality preset as default and also include a 60FPS Performance at a much lower resolution and some stuff turned down. I know which preset I'd prefer even with UE5.

47 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Well of course :huh: If the Quality preset runs at 60, there's no need for a Performance preset surely?

I'm hopeful that with the quality/performance presets having become standard in this long crossgen period, that even with next-gen exclusive games they'll offer a 30FPS Quality preset as default and also include a 60FPS Performance at a much lower resolution and some stuff turned down. I know which preset I'd prefer even with UE5.

Quality mode is 4k 60 performance mode would be 1440p 120fps, or at least around 100fps.

To be fair I am influenced by being primarily a PC gamer the last 15 years. 

2 minutes ago, Mallet said:

Quality mode is 4k 60 performance mode would be 1440p 120fps, or at least around 100fps.

To be fair I am influenced by being primarily a PC gamer the last 15 years. 

You're never going to get that on consoles. At least not in this generation. What you're describing is of course marvelous but that's what PC's are for :)

40 minutes ago, dave7g said:

Trying to tart Medieval Dynasty on PC but the game pass ID thing "ok lets go" keeps popping back up and wont let me start. Anyone get this before?

Maybe something to do with needing to accept firewall settings or whatever it is? Is there a hidden pop-up window on the desktop?

1 hour ago, TehStu said:

Tried Inside for the couple of quests and this is really quite captivating. I had no intention of sticking with it so fired it up via xcloud but I was hooked by the time I walked the 500m.

Fantastic game. It's not that long either, just a perfect self-contained experience.

On 20/09/2022 at 14:57, disperse and recoagulate said:

Paw Patrol Grand Prix, yesss.

So many great games on GP and yet I spent 40ish minutes playing that crap on Friday for some reason. So slow and clunky, and the rubberbanding on Hard difficulty is worse than any Mario Kart game ever. 

I'm pretty addicted to You Suck at Parking. Even the harder levels are very moreishly satisfying when you finally 'perfect' them. A great filler game when you have 10mins or so, or are feeling burn out from your 'main' game. 

Grounded:

Yet another game I absolutely suck at.

It's such a lovely game but my brain isn't cut out for survival games.  I keep forgetting to make new spawn points so when I die (frequently) I have to trek halfway across the entire map to find the stuff I've lost.  But I usually get killed by bloody spiders way before I reach the materials I've lost.

Why am I so bad at these games?  It's not THAT difficult.  

Oh, Grounded's pretty unforgiving. Wolf Spiders are instant death for a good chunk of the game unless you have your perfect guard down 100%.

It's also a little odd that you can't automatically set a spawn point when you sleep. It sounds good, being sent back to where you were returning anyway if you die - but you drop your backback on death, so you'd have to make a corpse run anyway.

Playing it through with a bud in co-op. It's great. Little grindy in spots, but still awesome.

3 minutes ago, TehStu said:

We're older now. Our role in survival is is to impart some pearl of wisdom to the younguns during our tragic demise.

My son (13) played the earlier build with his friends and he was watching me play it last night.  On one of the many occasions I died, he looked at me with sadness in his eyes, shook his head and said "oh dear, Dad."

I'll be honest - I'd rather he just laughed at me and took the piss mercilessly.

9 minutes ago, Mallet said:

Chivalry 2 has picked up 500,000 new players since launching on gamepass. Let's build a zoo has gained 250,000 new players on gamepass 

Source?

(mostly because I'm interested in if there's data to browse or something fun)

26 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

Grounded:

Yet another game I absolutely suck at.

It's such a lovely game but my brain isn't cut out for survival games.  I keep forgetting to make new spawn points so when I die (frequently) I have to trek halfway across the entire map to find the stuff I've lost.  But I usually get killed by bloody spiders way before I reach the materials I've lost.

Why am I so bad at these games?  It's not THAT difficult.  

Grounded is one the (many) games I just can't get into despite all the praise. It's more work than my actual job.

"Go and get some grass. And a stone."

Can I..

"You are thirsty, get water."
Er, OK.

"Now eat something and get some wood."

I just want to..
"You must make a lamp!"

Didn't find the fun.

https://www.vg247.com/xbox-game-pass-money-revealed

Per data shared with CADE, Xbox Game Pass generated $2.9 billion from consoles in 2021 (not including Xbox Game Pass for PC). This is the first time we've seen data like this, and it sheds a light on how important the service is for Microsoft.

Elsewhere, there's more interesting data coming out of CADE – like the revelation that Xbox gaming generated an eye-watering total revenue of $16.28 billion for Microsoft in the 2021 calendar year.

Looking at the numbers, then, you can see that Xbox Game Pass is responsible for a whopping 18% of Microsoft's total yearly Xbox revenue. And it's no surprise, really; Microsoft has previously revealed that Xbox Game Pass enjoys over 25 million users – and that number is only going to grow as more Series X/S consoles are sold, and Game Pass becomes more widely available.

Data from the Brazilian regulator (CADE) work for the merger.

5 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

The Cloud Gaming option has disappeared from the Xbox app on my PC. Has this happened to anyone else?

I know I can access it through a web browser but it's always worked much better for me through the app.

Still there for me. It’s on the tab on the left underneath Gamepass and My Library; ‘Cloud Gaming’

7 minutes ago, dreamylittledream said:

Still there for me. It’s on the tab on the left underneath Gamepass and My Library; ‘Cloud Gaming’

Yeah it's back now. Very strange. Maybe the Cloud Gaming service was down briefly this afternoon or something.