IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

5 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Finished Sniper Elite 5 last night with my brother and found it really good. Forgot to check but is Sniper Elite 4 on Gamepass and if so does that have co-op? 

It’s on Game Pass, as well.

1 minute ago, ilpostino said:

Which of the many Yakuza games is the best to start with?

Like a Dragon is a perfect jumping on point if you want to follow Ichiban's story. It does have some ties to the earlier games which will mean more if you've played them, but it's not essential. The combat system changes to a mostly turn based RPG system with this game, while the earlier games are real time brawlers.

If you want to play them all, then definitely start with Zero.

On 09/08/2022 at 18:10, James Lyon said:

You know games are crazy when you need to ask the question which game do I start with and the answer isn't 1.

I'd even argue you could skip yakuza 1 entirely. Even the  modernised version feels quite archaic and doesn't entirely fit with the rest of the series in tone.

Just now, deerokus said:

I'd even argue you could skip yakuza 1 entirely. Even the  modernised version feels quite archaic and doesn't entirely fit with the rest of the series in tone.

but

Spoiler

nishki :(

3 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Cooking Sim is up on PC, not sure if it's on Xbox. It's frequently pennies on Switch so it's probably a duffer.

My kids watch Let's Game It Out on YouTube and his videos on Cooking Simulator make me laugh so hard my throat hurts. We did buy it for pennies on the Switch though, hugely janky game.

3 hours ago, deerokus said:

I downloaded Kiwami 2 on gamepass, thinking this would be a new experience, turned out I had 4 hours played already. They are so confusing now to me, I think I'll leave them be and stick with LAD and whatever's next.

Played some of that Rocket League Golf Game last night,  was ok but a bit fiddly and difficult to control/aim at times. If this isn't made by the Rocket League people then surely they'll be getting into bother? 

On 12/08/2022 at 16:29, Azrael said:

Played some of that Rocket League Golf Game last night,  was ok but a bit fiddly and difficult to control/aim at times. If this isn't made by the Rocket League people then surely they'll be getting into bother? 

It isn't made by anyone related to Rocket League. I've not really looked in detail but what are they going to sting them on?

At what point are two games the same? How many FPS games are basically identical from a control and gameplay perspective?

1 hour ago, Fierce Poodle said:

If anyone hasn’t played What Remains of Edith Finch yet I implore you to do so. Just a few hours long and an incredible experience.

Ok, it's finally getting installed. I got so into Firewatch I now follow various reddits of folks hiking to towers and taking photos.

I haven't played the golf game but Top Gear once played football in Kia Sportages. Think the golf game is probably legally fine. I mean, every game ever made has 642 mobile app clones.

3 hours ago, thesnwmn said:

It isn't made by anyone related to Rocket League. I've not really looked in detail but what are they going to sting them on?

At what point are two games the same? How many FPS games are basically identical from a control and gameplay perspective?

I dunno but like the concept of wee cars chasing after a big ball is kind of a bit more unique than an FPS game. It just all looks very similar too, like the menu screens, the little garage area, all same kind of customisation options, near identical controls and options (standard camera and ball focused camera etc). Just a lot of stuff that I've only seen before in Rocket League