IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

Been playing Tetris Effect Connected. What a gorgeous game. Just a shame I’m utter guff at Tetris.

Good one to have to hand though, don’t know why it took me so long to add it to my library.

3 hours ago, glb said:

Been playing Tetris Effect Connected. What a gorgeous game. Just a shame I’m utter guff at Tetris.

Good one to have to hand though, don’t know why it took me so long to add it to my library.

I enjoyed the game and want to play more but am a bit confused what mode to play now I’ve gone through the “main” bit.

Just do that again but for better scores?

I’ve not completed the journey mode yet, but have just been dipping in to the other modes as well for quick 10-15 minute goes.

Up to speed level 6 I’m okay; any faster and I start getting panicked.

11 hours ago, glb said:

Why do you not own it on *checks notes* 5 different platforms? It should be mandatory!

I’ve been stuck on the last level of Journey for ages. It fucking goes up to speed 13 for the last 30 lines and I cannot deal with it.

I keep not playing this much on Series X because of how magnificent everyone said the Journey mode ending was in VR. But it's so much of a faff to get my Gen 1 PSVR connected up to the PS5. And the Quest 2 version will have shit controls due to the thumbstick and not as good graphics. Hmmm. Should I just complete it on Xbox?

Yes. I loved it in VR, but I also loved it when I replayed the whole game on Series X. Like Rez, it's heightened in VR, but it's still incredible on a normal screen, and doesn't hurt the VR experience to play it in 2D first! 

Offworld Trading Company is genuinely brilliant, one of the best short-form strategy games I've played. It feels like it could have been an Amiga sci-fi strategy game, in the best way possible.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2022/08/04/xbox-insiders-in-colombia-and-ireland-can-preview-a-new-game-pass-offer-starting-today/

example, a full month of Ultimate will be converted to 18 days of membership for this plan. This way you won’t lose any of the remaining value on your existing subscription upon conversion.

A lot of people have been asking for this so good to see it starting to happen. 

Anyone Wanna four up?!

Also cooking sim FFs. My wife will walk in whilst I'm playing it, and I'm willing up a sick lobster thermador. Shel look indisgust at the Aldi microwave lasagne I just made her for tea.

Then il boot up grass cutting SIM and shel look at our over grown garden.

Then shel look at my filthy actual car whilst I'm just washing someone elses on jet wash sim.

I'm fucked. 

1 hour ago, Hitcher said:

So glad they're doing this.

Based on the amount of times people have asked in this thread about how to share GamePass with their kid then the demand for a family plan is certainly there. 

I wonder will this link into their plans to let you stream non-gamepass games through xcloud. Basically, will setting up a family plan also give people in that plan access to my purchases? 

Played the first chapter of As Dusk Falls with the family this evening. It works really well in multiplayer. 2 using pads, 1 on phone and 1 on iPad. Simple to play for non gamers too. Wasn’t sure if we were all going to like the story after the first few minutes but by the end we were totally gripped!

40 minutes ago, bear said:

Based on the amount of times people have asked in this thread about how to share GamePass with their kid then the demand for a family plan is certainly there. 

I wonder will this link into their plans to let you stream non-gamepass games through xcloud. Basically, will setting up a family plan also give people in that plan access to my purchases? 

Only gamepass stuff -

This makes it even easier to play the best Game Pass games with friends and family across console, PC, and cloud by enabling you to add up to four people to your subscription, all with their own unique access to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate games, content, and benefits.

Without wanting to get a rep as ‘that guy’, if 2 people have the fall guys perk this month but aren’t going to use it (coconut outfit) my boys would be eternally grateful.

And to tie in with the above, they both have GPU subscriptions but the perks are age restricted, it’s a blanket ‘not available’ message which is understandable on sub stuff like Disney or whatever where you presumably have to add payment details for after the trial but for DLC tat it’s annoying for them 

On the Gamepass sharing thing, although I know we can’t trial it in England yet, but what will it mean for me?

I’ve got two boys who share that I stacked up with 3 years in February and I’ve got my own 3 years that I did last week. I’d rather have us all on one family plan, but I’m probably being a bit thick as I don’t understand what they mean by a month converts to 18 days. Can anyone make it clearer for me?

Rocket League golf game has great potential, doesn’t feel too much of a ripoff as they doing something different with it.

Feels a little ‘stiff’ compared to the brilliant handling in RL but for a preview game feels quite polished already just having a go on the single player stuff.

Can already see enough scope in the holes to feel humiliated online where people use every trick to hole out in 5s whilst you faff around scraping in half a minute later.

44 minutes ago, JPL said:

On the Gamepass sharing thing, although I know we can’t trial it in England yet, but what will it mean for me?

I’ve got two boys who share that I stacked up with 3 years in February and I’ve got my own 3 years that I did last week. I’d rather have us all on one family plan, but I’m probably being a bit thick as I don’t understand what they mean by a month converts to 18 days. Can anyone make it clearer for me?

I assume if you have 1 year Ultimate it will convert to ~7 months Ultimate for all 4 family members which is a damn good deal considering it could have a direct conversion to 3 months each.

3 hours ago, Gotters said:

Rocket League golf game has great potential, doesn’t feel too much of a ripoff as they doing something different with it.

Feels a little ‘stiff’ compared to the brilliant handling in RL but for a preview game feels quite polished already just having a go on the single player stuff.

Can already see enough scope in the holes to feel humiliated online where people use every trick to hole out in 5s whilst you faff around scraping in half a minute later.

Genuinely thought it was a Rocket League seasonal thing when I first saw it.

Yeah, definitely ripping a lot off (like controls, whole game structure etc) but the fact the core game is golf seems to make it feel like a pseudo sequel or stablemate rather than simple plagiarism.

Can see from single player holes it’s instantly accessible with a lot of scope for refining your skills and approach.

I like it.