Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

You can still complete a job even if you’re not quite at a 100%. I’ve finished a couple at 98%, might go back and do it again for money as I seem to be very bad at making profit doing the actual flipping.

These actual work I should be doing in my house sims always still feel like the best way to play them is with a mouse rather than a controller which always feels quite cumbersome. 

45 minutes ago, sofasurfer said:

If they ever make a picture hanging sim I am so dead.

There's an indie game on Steam that has some of that. I forget what it's called.

On 12/07/2022 at 01:38, Steve McQueef said:

Hopelessly addicted to House Flipper. 

I even bought the Garden Flipper DLC. 

Same to the first part, will probably do the second part because flipping houses with unruly gardens feels wrong.

The game is the most chilled experience I've had since Subnautica, albeit with far less jeopardy involved. Something so cathartic about renovating the houses at a leisurely pace. Agree with other comments that it can be a little cumbersome in places but never frustratingly so, at least not in my experience so far. Keen to get to the bigger houses to do some proper reconstruction.

20 minutes ago, glb said:

Same to the first part, will probably do the second part because flipping houses with unruly gardens feels wrong.

The game is the most chilled experience I've had since Subnautica, albeit with far less jeopardy involved. Something so cathartic about renovating the houses at a leisurely pace. Agree with other comments that it can be a little cumbersome in places but never frustratingly so, at least not in my experience so far. Keen to get to the bigger houses to do some proper reconstruction.

Telling thee, you're in for a treat when Power Wash Sim releases at 5pm. It's ASMR-tacular.

They should make a homes under the hammer house flipper dlc.

You have to bid on houses at auction before kirtsy alsop and Dwight York can buy them all then you go see it and find out it's an absolute pile of shit house full of dead bodies.

My god this is satisfying.

Both Power Wash Simulator and House Flipper make so much more sense with mouse and keyboard. House Flipper runs pretty badly on my potato PC but Power Wash is much better. It's worth giving them a go if you've got the option.

1 hour ago, Garwoofoo said:

My god this is satisfying.

Both Power Wash Simulator and House Flipper make so much more sense with mouse and keyboard. House Flipper runs pretty badly on my potato PC but Power Wash is much better. It's worth giving them a go if you've got the option.

You can use KB/Mouse on Xbox.

7 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

You can use KB/Mouse on Xbox.

Weirdly, what I'd really like to do is use KB/Mouse while playing using Xbox Cloud Gaming on my PC. Then I'd get the performance of the Xbox version with the controls of the PC version. Don't think that works, though.

EDIT: ah, looks like it's on the way. https://www.theverge.com/2022/6/22/23178179/xbox-cloud-gaming-keyboard-and-mouse-support-latency-improvements

Bought the pink house on House Flipper; my first two storey building, albeit a fairly small one. Been fun making both floors open plan and playing around with layouts. Now time to decorate and make it a full-on bachelor pad. Basically, I’ll flog the car and put a pool table in the garage.

Also found out there’s a House Flipper 2 on the way next year. Already hyped.

Oh, House Flipper is just excellent fun with the kids. As soon as we got the paint roller we stopped working and went all in on doing up the horrible starter house. Will grab a photo once it's done.

Watch Dogs 2 is surprisingly good fun. Platinumed that one on PS5. Won’t double-dip but if you like a Ubisoft open world, there’s plenty to take from it. San Francisco is a refreshing location too. Unless you’re coming to it off the back of Driver: San Francisco or San Francisco Rush 2049 or look, it’s decent alright. Jeez.

18 hours ago, Quest said:

Got a bit addicted to the Gunpla contruction sim within Last Call BBS. Very relaxing.

Even lets you export a shiny little GIF of your creation:

2090452068_SteedForceHobbyStudio-(OCKHAM2022-07-15-15-02-35).gif.608bfb8c2885a71d6afe189732115c08.gif

Thank you, that picture alone has got me installing it on the PC as we speak!

16 hours ago, womble9 said:

I’d really liked the look (art style wise in particular) of it. Great to see it reviewing so well :)

I've been stung a few times by games selling the idea that your choices are very important to how the story plays out so whenever I see it now my eyes glaze over a little.