IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

4 hours ago, dave7g said:

The EA play integration is a war crime on game pass. On PC I was trying to download the Grid legends trial, so I opened Origin, then it said to close Origin and retry, then absolutely nothing happened. Tried to do it on XBOX but you literally cannot find it anywhere.

Trash.

On pc its mot origin, its a different app... Yep... Ea play or summit

5 hours ago, SeanR said:

Per the first post. That's still a thing?

Every few days there's someone confirming it's still very much a thing. You should be good to go. Up to 3 years.

Is there anyone on here that doesn’t want the fall guys costume perk? I’d redeemed mine thinking my son would also be able to get it, but it’s not letting him even though we’ve done the gamepass share thing. 

On 30/06/2022 at 17:27, dave7g said:

The EA play integration is a war crime on game pass. On PC I was trying to download the Grid legends trial, so I opened Origin, then it said to close Origin and retry, then absolutely nothing happened. Tried to do it on XBOX but you literally cannot find it anywhere.

Trash.

On Xbox you have to search on the store for the game and find the trial that way.  It's not displayed as part of gamepass per se.  Definitely janky.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Is there anyone on here that doesn’t want the fall guys costume perk? I’d redeemed mine thinking my son would also be able to get it, but it’s not letting him even though we’ve done the gamepass share thing. 

Is that the robo rabbit? I haven't claimed it yet, honestly I don't use most of this perk stuff. Do I just go to redeem and then type the code to you in a PM, to share it?

5 hours ago, TehStu said:

Is that the robo rabbit? I haven't claimed it yet, honestly I don't use most of this perk stuff. Do I just go to redeem and then type the code to you in a PM, to share it?

Yeah, that’s the one, you click redeem and it’ll give you a code. :) 

13 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

Do PC Game Pass games save to the cloud by default? Is there a way to change this or upload / download saves?

They do, or at least they definitely do for games with cross-progression. If you launch a Play Anywhere game from an Xbox or the cloud you should see your saves present and correct. I've never had to do anything extra to enable this.

Not all games allow cross-progression though, but weirdly some that do don't have the "Play Anywhere" feature listed but still work fine.

I'd assume all PC Game Pass games support cloud saves for use on multiple PCs, but I've never tested this.

Been eagerly awaiting Far Cry 5 to drop, but am very disappointed in the HDR setting options for this.  Playing on an OLED, the blacks are grey and washed out, the ingame HDR setup does nothing to fix this.  Its been a while since I have come across a game with such poor HDR options.  As a result the game does not 'pop' at all, looks washed out and unimpressive.  Very disappointing!

Leaving soon: 

Children of Morta (PC and Console)
Cris Tales (PC and Console)
Lethal League Blaze (PC and Console)
Atomicrops (PC and Console)
Carrion (PC and Console)

3 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

Do PC Game Pass games save to the cloud by default? Is there a way to change this or upload / download saves?

3 hours ago, Mogster said:

I'd assume all PC Game Pass games support cloud saves for use on multiple PCs, but I've never tested this.

Cloud saves are on by default for all the PC Game Pass games. Never had any problems switching between my laptop and main PC. I haven't tried disabling it or downloading / uploading saves manually though. I assume it works the same as on Xbox but the PC game pass experience is so fragile I try not to mess around with settings.

It's wish there were more Play Anywhere games. I love that feature, I actually factor it in to deciding what to play.

I can’t seem to find the topic and the forum search isn’t helping but I think I saw some posters talking about a Game Pass graphic novel game with some great writing in it. It might have been compared to Disco Elysium. 

I think @Jamie John was one of the people talking about it but may be wrong. 

Anyone know what I’m on about?

11 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I can’t seem to find the topic and the forum search isn’t helping but I think I saw some posters talking about a Game Pass graphic novel game with some great writing in it. It might have been compared to Disco Elysium. 

I think @Jamie John was one of the people talking about it but may be wrong. 

Anyone know what I’m on about?

@Harsin

Possibly a bit of clarification for step 5 of the guide: I just helped a friend through the upgrade and, on the page where you actually upgrade to GPU, MS have worded it very poorly.

(This is for someone who's renewing an expired GPU - it might be different for someone doing it for the first time)

There are two options on the page: "Manage Subscription" and "Extend Subscription £10.99/month". In order to convert the previously-added 3 years of Gold to GPU, it's the second option you need, "Extend Subscription". Not very clear at all, but we crossed our fingers and it worked. :)

Posted (edited)

Well that’s me all sorted for another 3 years. Used the 9 x 3 month method with codes from CD Keys I bought during the offer 2 weeks ago.

Brilliant this offer still works. £60 for 3 years of first party games and all those undiscovered indie gems.

Best deal in gaming. 

Edited by Banjaxed
Included spoiler tag by mistake

2 hours ago, Lochenvar said:

@Harsin

Possibly a bit of clarification for step 5 of the guide: I just helped a friend through the upgrade and, on the page where you actually upgrade to GPU, MS have worded it very poorly.

(This is for someone who's renewing an expired GPU - it might be different for someone doing it for the first time)

There are two options on the page: "Manage Subscription" and "Extend Subscription £10.99/month". In order to convert the previously-added 3 years of Gold to GPU, it's the second option you need, "Extend Subscription". Not very clear at all, but we crossed our fingers and it worked. :)

My final page only gave me the option to join, clicked on that and offered a prayer to the gaming gods and it worked fine. 

31 minutes ago, Banjaxed said:

My final page only gave me the option to join, clicked on that and offered a prayer to the gaming gods and it worked fine. 

How did you get there? Via the Manage Subscription page, like the guide suggests?

2 minutes ago, Lochenvar said:

How did you get there? Via the Manage Subscription page, like the guide suggests?

Yeah, once I had clicked to mange gold, the option to upgrade to Game Pass took me to a new page, the only option there was to join. Clicked that and all was fine. 

That’s so strange. This is what my mate got:

image.png.bf3d1428c38ff5c0b1e642f2b3f0b898.png

I thought it was odd, as I’d done the conversion in May and I didn’t remember anything as unclear as this. He did it the same way I did though: 3x one year Gold subs. 

These options make it look like his GPU is still active and the option is just to extend it, but his was definitely expired or he wouldn’t have been able to add the Gold subs at full duration. 

The whole of the xbox site is a bit of a disaster area. 

So an interesting scenario for you all to ponder over?!

So have GamePass - only have a PC but no console. My Son has an Xbox. Can assign his Xbox as my home console and continue using my PC on GamePass without issue?

(sorry I'd try this but my sons live with their Mum and only see them every other weekend!)

Yes. Just need your account on there and it set to the home console. 

Though I don't know if you can play at the same time 

1 hour ago, MattyP said:

So have GamePass - only have a PC but no console. My Son has an Xbox. Can assign his Xbox as my home console and continue using my PC on GamePass without issue?

(sorry I'd try this but my sons live with their Mum and only see them every other weekend!)

19 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Yes. Just need your account on there and it set to the home console. 

Though I don't know if you can play at the same time 

Yes they can play at the same time assuming his son is using his own account.

2 hours ago, MattyP said:

I assume you have the full fat Game Pass (Ultimate) and not the PC version.

45 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Yes they can play at the same time assuming his son is using his own account.

OK so just need to login to my account on his console set it to my home console and then log back out again and my son can just use his own account with all the content? I don't need to have him log into my account?