Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

1 hour ago, jonamok said:

Probably somewhere upthread, but TIL that the spacebar on an iPhone keyboard is also a very useful cursor trackpad if you hold it. Blew my mind.

I think you've mixed up this thread with the "I was today years old..." thread. Maybe because of TehStu's Gamesmaster cross post?

On 31/05/2022 at 16:48, carlospie said:

Ninja gaiiiiiidddeeeeeeen. Hardest first boss ever. 

I don't know about the original vanilla 2004 version, but I never really struggled with that first Murai boss fight on Ninja Gaiden Black's default difficulty. He's really hard if you try and fight him on the ground fair and square, but I quickly learned that if you run up the wall, jump off, press Y in midair for an attack from above, it's a very safe and reliable way of cheesing him.

I did a search for comparisons between 2004/Black/Sigma, and found that a player called JayTB123 has recently completed a very thorough series of comparison videos between 2004/Hurricane Pack 1/Hurricane Pack 2/Black. This is his video on boss changes; with that first Murai fight, he focuses on technical details about the frequency with which his AI does certain moves, but it sounds like the biggest thing that reduced the difficulty from 2004 to NGB was his much shorter health bar!

The whole playlist of comparison videos:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLkZiKEkqWjLdRpm8RpqSEKh50j0ZITve

@Kayin Amoh / @Talvalin - Not sure if JayTB123 is a player you're familiar with? From his comments in the above videos, he seems to focus on karma score runs, but he's also done this Master Ninja no damage, no Ninpo, no UT run: :blink2:

@Nick R Ah yeah, I found him... last year or the year before, I think? Impressive to keep up that kind of commitment after all these years. 

There's also a player I found that played a lot of the whole series, weirdly good at Razor's Edge - though that may simply be because most people didn't really play NG3 / RE enough to get good at it, including myself.

I think it was this guy... 

Ninja gaiden is out now. Just beat the boss that troubled me so much first time.....

I remember when I first completed it on Xbox I had no idea if you held Y you absorbed yellow orbs for an Uber attack, no wonder it was so hard!

13 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Ninja gaiden is out now. Just beat the boss that troubled me so much first time.....

I remember when I first completed it on Xbox I had no idea if you held Y you absorbed yellow orbs for an Uber attack, no wonder it was so hard!

Not sure if it was the 100+ hrs of Elden Ring recently or that I’m currently playing Tunic at the moment but I found it utterly baffling to control when I had a quick blast the other day. Will have to give it another go once I’m done with Tunic. 

Yeah, unsurprisingly it's still absolutely excellent. 

Interestingly, on Xbox having the Sigma versions is kind of incredible. It means you can basically have every version of NG on the system, including the previously Sony exclusive versions.

Not your bag? Black and NGII are both BC friendly.

41 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Not sure if it was the 100+ hrs of Elden Ring recently or that I’m currently playing Tunic at the moment but I found it utterly baffling to control when I had a quick blast the other day. Will have to give it another go once I’m done with Tunic. 

It's the twitchy inverted camera. It's disgusting. 

I was tempted to replay Sigma and see if I still prefer the previous versions to it when played on Not A Vita, but having cleared stage 1 I'm not sure if I can continue, because my muscle memory absolutely refuses to adapt to use the bumper instead of trigger to block, and as far as I can see there's no remap option :(

1 hour ago, Wiper said:

I was tempted to replay Sigma and see if I still prefer the previous versions to it when played on Not A Vita, but having cleared stage 1 I'm not sure if I can continue, because my muscle memory absolutely refuses to adapt to use the bumper instead of trigger to block, and as far as I can see there's no remap option :(

There is, you have to do it from the main menu settings though.

6 hours ago, shirubagan said:

Well. Disc Room is brilliant. 

Well the hell did this come from? Not sure I've even seen a trailer or anything for it and it is bloody brilliant so far.

EDIT: Ah. I see it is an 'old' game (2020), that's why I've not seen anything about it recently.

Moorcroft initially seems pretty standard but it might actually be interesting:

"And be compensated"

I wonder if this a thing with steam next fest too? Do indie Devs get paid to put demos on Steam next fest? My understanding is that demos stopped being a thing because the outlay of the extra time and resources required to put a demo together was not worth the pay off, especially for smaller Devs.

On 05/06/2022 at 08:01, Kayin Amoh said:

Yeah, unsurprisingly it's still absolutely excellent. 

Interestingly, on Xbox having the Sigma versions is kind of incredible. It means you can basically have every version of NG on the system, including the previously Sony exclusive versions.

Not your bag? Black and NGII are both BC friendly.

Downloaded Sigma 1 and completed the first level an immediately noticed that something was wrong. 
It has absolutely horrendous input lag making the game far, far, harder to play that originally. 

To compare, I fired up my original copy on PS3 and it was like night and day. The whole thing was back to the correct feel and so much easier to get through the level. 

Basically a junk port. Glad I still have my original on PS3. 
I'm not sure this is the case with NGB or NG2 via BC, but certainly this port of Sigma 1 is a hard nope. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

NG1 and 2 are *perfect* on BC and they look miles better that the actual ports IMHO :ph34r:

I might download NGB, as I know via BC it was very well recieved. 
Personnally speaking, I'd FAR rather play those versions to these new ports. 

Also, downloaded the Pac-man museum. 
I'd read here about the input lag on the older ports, but did not expected CE to not only also have terrible input lag but also to be scaled horrible so it looks totally blurry! lol
Literally able to A/B then with the BC 360 version of CE which plays and looks amazing! 

WTF LOL 😅

1 hour ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Downloaded Sigma 1 and completed the first level an immediately noticed that something was wrong. 
It has absolutely horrendous input lag making the game far, far, harder to play that originally. 

To compare, I fired up my original copy on PS3 and it was like night and day. The whole thing was back to the correct feel and so much easier to get through the level. 

Basically a junk port. Glad I still have my original on PS3. 
I'm not sure this is the case with NGB or NG2 via BC, but certainly this port of Sigma 1 is a hard nope. 

While I don't have Sigma PS3 on hand (gave a copy as a gift to someone who emphatically didn't deserve it and never got a replacement like I'd intended to) I don't see much delay in anything that's happening in this port. Attacks in particular are instant, movement seems to have the same momentum shifts as before.

The one thing I *did* notice is that defensive rolling is slightly less responsive, and I figured that was a controller deadzone issue. However, attacks and the like come out instantly for me. I went and checked the forums and some people swear it's there, others can't see it. Interesting.

Reminds me, guess I need to buy a PS3 copy again.

43 minutes ago, MattyP said:

"Next, from 30th June you'll be able to play cloud-enabled Game Pass Ultimate games without a console via 2022 Samsung smart TVs. Microsoft's plan is to roll this feature out to other tellies over the course of the year."

https://www.eurogamer.net/everything-microsoft-announced-for-xbox-today

As we move ever closer to a console-less future....

Not at all. It's all about choice. MS and Valve are changing the gaming landscape right now. 

I can play an obscene amount of games in so many ways.