Jump to content

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST


Harsin
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Laine said:

I’m loving Citizen Sleepsr but I keep thinking ‘Perfect for Switch!’ then I won’t be hogging the TV, but it feels so silly to buy a game that I can already play! 

 

Stream it to a phone or tablet via Xbox Cloud Gaming?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wiper said:

 

 

Nope, mine is set as my home console, as I said in the post immediately prior to yours. I'm guessing I'd have been unaffected if I'd been "truly" offline, but with the Xbox in a half-connected state some flag was triggered.

 

Microsoft's statement on the matter was that it only affected a selection of users, and given it affected me last night but not the night before, when someone in the other Xbox thread reported it doing this to them for several days, suggests there's some selectiveness to the issue — maybe account related, maybe down to which server/slice you're allocated to. Either way, very annoying.

I suspect it would have worked if you had janked the ethernet cable out and disabled the WiFi on the Xbox?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I did think of doing that (like the bad old days of having to do the same with Steam when its servers fell over), but ultimately just took the opportunity to play some Etrian Odyssey on 3DS (having topped up my collection in the ridiculously good sale on the 3DS eshop currently) ^_^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 08/05/2022 at 13:21, BossSaru said:

 

Stream it to a phone or tablet via Xbox Cloud Gaming?

I keep forgetting I can do this! I’ll have to convince my partner to go back to Shenmue 3 and he can use the big TV with the Playstation! 

On 08/05/2022 at 09:35, moosegrinder said:

Like you've never double dipped before.

Very true but that was when I had a job and no kids and was not skint! Wah wah etc.

 

What time do games become available on release day? I’m desperate to have a go of Eiyuden Chronicle Rising to keep me going until the real thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Laine said:

I keep forgetting I can do this! I’ll have to convince my partner to go back to Shenmue 3 and he can use the big TV with the Playstation! 

 

 

... why? It's awful 🤣 Proper series killer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

 

... why? It's awful 🤣 Proper series killer.

I can’t think of anything else he’d be tempted to use the Playstation for right now! And he could he could wear his ‘I saved Shenmue’ T-shirt while he does. 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone got any opinions on Lost in Random? I thought it was supposed to be some sort of card battler which is the sort of thing I really like but I've played it for around 40 minutes and I've done nothing. Cut-scene, cut-scene, push forward to run to next area, cut-scene, dream sequence, push forward...

 

Is there actually a game in here at all?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Garwoofoo said:

Anyone got any opinions on Lost in Random? I thought it was supposed to be some sort of card battler which is the sort of thing I really like but I've played it for around 40 minutes and I've done nothing. Cut-scene, cut-scene, push forward to run to next area, cut-scene, dream sequence, push forward...

 

Is there actually a game in here at all?

No there is a game and combat but it's not a card battler. The dice give you weapons and traps and cheats to use in combat arenas and the occasional board game as you progress. 

 

It looks nice and has a decent Sellick vibe but it's not got much budget and there's a heck of a lot of asset and character reuse. 

 

But I got at least 50% through and do plan on continuing eventually. But it's not massively compelling tbh. Which is a shame. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, deerokus said:

Oh hey, the neo-suikoden thing.

 

Nah, this is the pre-neo-Suikoden thing.

 

(it's a sort of... precursor game, more of an ARPG, presumably produced with the intention of drumming up interest/money for the JRPG to come)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

Anyone got any opinions on Lost in Random? I thought it was supposed to be some sort of card battler which is the sort of thing I really like but I've played it for around 40 minutes and I've done nothing. Cut-scene, cut-scene, push forward to run to next area, cut-scene, dream sequence, push forward...

 

Is there actually a game in here at all?

 

I enjoyed it, but it could have lost a few hours from the first few hours and been a much better game for it.

 

The enjoyment comes from combos of cards. It's nowhere near as sophisticated as other games where you can combo moves for added effect, bit it does the job.

 

Trek To Yomi was fun as well. Short enough that the simple combat did not become a nuisance, and stunningly produced. I'll never play out again though, having seen all of the vistas and important scenes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finished Trek to Yomi. First game pass game I have completed in some time. Was fun. Glad it didn't outstay it's welcome. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trek to Yumi is good so far and hearing it's not too long is keeping me going.

 

Barely time for epics when I was 18. Certainly none now. Keep it short.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I could add one feature to Game Pass it would be an indicator of games' lengths. Game companies must have tonnes of data on how people play. Some race through to the end, others collect every orb and Riddler trophy.

 

It would be helpful for there to be something to tell me, based on my normal play style, how many hours a game would take me to complete. I often find myself on howlongtobeat to get an idea of completion time before I download or begin a game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BossSaru said:

If I could add one feature to Game Pass it would be an indicator of games' lengths. Game companies must have tonnes of data on how people play. Some race through to the end, others collect every orb and Riddler trophy.

 

It would be helpful for there to be something to tell me, based on my normal play style, how many hours a game would take me to complete. I often find myself on howlongtobeat to get an idea of completion time before I download or begin a game.

The (unofficial) resource you're after is gamepassport.net, which allows you to easily see games' HowLongToBeat completion time and even filter the catalogue by hour ranges.

 

I agree that it would be cool if the consoles surfaced some of the statistics they're gathering, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I imagine that publishers will be reluctant to include that kind of stat, because there’s still a perception that long games are good value for money (even though it feels like there’s an equal desire for shorter games from other segments of the market). With Game Pass, it makes less difference, but I wouldn’t be surprised if some publishers still wanted to give the impression that their  games were huge and full of wonders, rather than the leaner, shorter affairs that I suspect people would prefer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Ferine said:

The (unofficial) resource you're after is gamepassport.net, which allows you to easily see games' HowLongToBeat completion time and even filter the catalogue by hour ranges.

 

I agree that it would be cool if the consoles surfaced some of the statistics they're gathering, though.

What's the benefit of that over howlongtobeat? It seems to have far, far fewer games on there and less information. Am I missing something?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Gabe said:

What's the benefit of that over howlongtobeat? It seems to have far, far fewer games on there and less information. Am I missing something?

It's just another way of exploring the current Game Pass library, specifically. So if, for example, you were looking for something to play that takes under four hours to finish and can be played via cloud streaming you can easily filter the catalogue to see which titles fit that criteria.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.