IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

I downloaded Sable and, wow, the visuals! I was holding off it after hearing about various bugs but glad I finally jumped in. It's very unique and draws you in quickly with the promise of adventure.

Playing on Series X so it's a shame it seems to drop frames randomy. The lighting seems to sometimes go crazy (like everything goes bright white) when indoors at night time, weird bug. Otherwise worth a download as it fantastic so far.

35 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Bugsnax is actually good. Wtf. I mean not 69.99 good in launch window but gamepass good definitely

Just like literally everyone* who'd actually played the game said in here! Bugsnax is a good game, and I have no idea why it was being presented as something else. Did everybody mix it up with Knack, or something?

(also, it was a free with Playstation Plus title at launch, and IIRC £19.99 on PC/PS4/without PS+, so it was never a £69.99 launch title)

But yeah, it's good. Try the good game.

*of taste

4 minutes ago, Wiper said:

Just like literally everyone* who'd actually played the game said in here! Bugsnax is a good game, and I have no idea why it was being presented as something else. Did everybody mix it up with Knack, or something?

(also, it was a free with Playstation Plus title at launch, and IIRC £19.99 on PC/PS4/without PS+, so it was never a £69.99 launch title)

But yeah, it's good. Try the good game.

*of taste

Can’t let facts get in the way. This is war after all.

YESSSSSSSSSS

unknown.thumb.png.7acc0f8149dbe12402db1c3c3a48284d.png

Glad I held off on buying the Switch version. I'm about 99% sure this game was made specifically for me, so if I don't like it I'm going to cry and cry.

Citizen Sleeper out too. Although I think I may have already bounced off of it. Very text heavy (which I knew) and whilst I like that in theory, in practice I'm just not sure I can be bothered.

Didn't help that I played about 30 minutes of Norco earlier in the day and whilst that is also broadly text based so far it grabbed me a little faster.

5 hours ago, Jg15 said:

I downloaded Sable and, wow, the visuals! I was holding off it after hearing about various bugs but glad I finally jumped in. It's very unique and draws you in quickly with the promise of adventure.

Playing on Series X so it's a shame it seems to drop frames randomy. The lighting seems to sometimes go crazy (like everything goes bright white) when indoors at night time, weird bug. Otherwise worth a download as it fantastic so far.

I had the same concern, but I thought eventually that the lighting going that way was actually intentional. It seems to be in lieu of making things dark in interiors, don't you think?

I'm absolutely loving Final Fantasy XIII-2 at the moment but it has a pretty severe emulation bug. Very occasionally the frame rate will completely tank to something like 5 fps, and stay that way for anything up to a minute or two before returning to normal. This seems completely random, I've had it when walking around but also in cut-scenes and even once just sitting in the menu.

Reading around this appears to be a known bug that happens on One X as well as Series X and it's been like this for years. It can be fixed by disabling the 4K enhancements, but who wants to run the game at 720p in this day and age?

Bit disappointing as the game is superb and apart from this bug it runs at a flawless 60fps. Just going to have to live with it, I guess.

Is Bugsnax suitable for a six year old? i.e. is it unduly difficult, is it excessively violent, etc? He's a very bloodthirsty six year old who loved Jurassic Park which I, somewhat negligently, let him watch a few weeks ago, but I don't want to expose him to anything too grim. TBH, I would be more bothered about the difficulty after letting him play Ori and the Blind Forest and finding it too hard for me in places, let alone him.

11 hours ago, James Lyon said:

I had the same concern, but I thought eventually that the lighting going that way was actually intentional. It seems to be in lieu of making things dark in interiors, don't you think?

To be fair my only experience was that first temple (to get your horn mask) and I did wonder if it was intentional. When I left the building and back into the desert everything returned to normal. It was just a bit of a shock, it was almost blinding!

27 minutes ago, K said:

Is Bugsnax suitable for a six year old? i.e. is it unduly difficult, is it excessively violent, etc? He's a very bloodthirsty six year old who loved Jurassic Park which I, somewhat negligently, let him watch a few weeks ago, but I don't want to expose him to anything too grim. TBH, I would be more bothered about the difficulty after letting him play Ori and the Blind Forest and finding it too hard for me in places, let alone him.

I bounced off Bugsnax after a few hours when I played it on PS5 but I don't recall anything objectionable in it from what I played. It's certainly not comparable to Ori in terms of difficulty either.

The only thing I might be wary of is that I remember hearing the ending is kind of dark in comparison to the rest of the game. Might be worth checking that out beforehand. 

1 hour ago, K said:

I was sure I just replied to this but my post isn’t here! My six year old finds it hilarious when the body parts turn into carrots or tomatoes or what have you.

He’s only played about half an hour, he finds it hard to control. You have to choose equipment on a wheel and he finds it tricky to pull it up and then rotate to what he wants. He struggles if for example you have to hit a bush with one thing, then swap quickly to your trap to catch the bug.
It’s hard for him to control quite a few games properly though so it could just be him being all thumbs!

2 hours ago, K said:

If it helps the game is rated 3+. I'm not far into it myself and all seems harmless enough (the critters are cute and like food versions of Pokemon) but others have said it gets darker towards the end?

There seems to be a good summary here https://www.taminggaming.com/en-gb/game/Bugsnax

15 hours ago, the_debaser said:

When did Yakuza 0 get removed from gamepass? Don’t remember them saying it was going. For some reason I bought it on PS5 but have it unhooked from the telly for months now. 

At the start of the year I think. If I’m not mistaken it left at the same time as Kiwami and Kiwami 2, which were on sale for something ridiculous like £3 each. 

Yeah, it's not just Gamepass — all my digital games aren't working. If you visit the Network settings page it's showing that

"the Xbox network is currently unavailable

> Purchase and Content Usage

> Social and Gaming"

Love the brave new world of digital games that don't work if the server breaks! I don't mind Gamepass so much, but the fact it's killed games I've purchased is beyond irksome (particularly as this is my only, home console, so there's no reason it should need to phone home to check my license).

Edit: look at this shit on their support site

Screenshot_20220507-214936_DuckDuckGo.thumb.jpg.9946be7e2574e61161e3e758017d8b32.jpg

"Downloaded games: unavailable"

14 minutes ago, Transient Curse said:

When this happens I'm under the impression it only affects people who haven't set their console to be their Home console.   Certainly my downloaded games worked last night. 

yeah. this. 

I’m loving Citizen Sleepsr but I keep thinking ‘Perfect for Switch!’ then I won’t be hogging the TV, but it feels so silly to buy a game that I can already play! 

2 minutes ago, Laine said:

I’m loving Citizen Sleepsr but I keep thinking ‘Perfect for Switch!’ then I won’t be hogging the TV, but it feels so silly to buy a game that I can already play! 

Like you've never double dipped before.

2 hours ago, rafaqat said:

yeah. this. 

2 hours ago, Transient Curse said:

When this happens I'm under the impression it only affects people who haven't set their console to be their Home console.   Certainly my downloaded games worked last night. 

Nope, mine is set as my home console, as I said in the post immediately prior to yours. I'm guessing I'd have been unaffected if I'd been "truly" offline, but with the Xbox in a half-connected state some flag was triggered.

Microsoft's statement on the matter was that it only affected a selection of users, and given it affected me last night but not the night before, when someone in the other Xbox thread reported it doing this to them for several days, suggests there's some selectiveness to the issue — maybe account related, maybe down to which server/slice you're allocated to. Either way, very annoying.