IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

37 minutes ago, Wiper said:

Her Story is magnificent, and I think his take on the medium is fantastic, but I still have a massive soft-spot for the "traditional" approach to FMV games, where things play out like a particularly cheap B-movie between gameplay. There's a lot to of fun to be had with the approach taken by e.g. Access's Tex Murphy games (or even Westwood's use of cheesy FMV as a reward for progressing through their post-Dune 2 90s strategy games), and it saddens me a little that we haven't seen much of a resurgence in that front!

There was something of a mini resurgence, I quite enjoyed Dark Nights with Poe and Munro in spite of myself. More interactive daytime TV than interactive movie but I'm fine with that!

36 minutes ago, Wiper said:

Her Story is magnificent, and I think his take on the medium is fantastic, but I still have a massive soft-spot for the "traditional" approach to FMV games, where things play out like a particularly cheap B-movie between gameplay. There's a lot to of fun to be had with the approach taken by e.g. Access's Tex Murphy games (or even Westwood's use of cheesy FMV as a reward for progressing through their post-Dune 2 90s strategy games), and it saddens me a little that we haven't seen much of a resurgence in that front!

The Welsh Company are still pumping them out, there's a battle royal themed one that released late last year (I can't recall the name but it is on my wishlist.)

I didn't like Her Story though, beyond the uniqueness of the concept for the first 20 minutes or so. I was very disappointed with it, given the hype around it on here. 

Looking for some Multiplayer Game Pass game recommendations for my brother and I. Last week we played through Streets of Rage 4 (great) and some of that Back 4 Blood (not as good as L4D). Open to mostly anything tbh either co-op or versus. 

26 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Looking for some Multiplayer Game Pass game recommendations for my brother and I. Last week we played through Streets of Rage 4 (great) and some of that Back 4 Blood (not as good as L4D). Open to mostly anything tbh either co-op or versus. 

Zombie Army 4, A Way Out, Deep Rock Galactic, Astroneer.

7 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

It Takes Two.

This times a million. So so much fun. I cooped it with my son, if it did it with my brother we'd still be on the first bit endlessly doing it wrong and killing each other on purpose 🤣

3 hours ago, Azrael said:

Windjammers 2

The new Life is Strange is the best one yet.

I've only completed chapter 1 so far but if it keeps up this quality it's going to be a hell of a game.

Yes, the whole "it's always golden hour and here is some lovely indie folk to listen to" is definitely their style and they do seem to repeat it a lot but how can I complain when they nail it so well.

Although I refuse to believe that anybody under the age of 40 likes Kings of Leon. That was a real 'dad rock' moment.

I really bounced off the second one. It felt like Taking Care of Ralph Wiggum: The Game. Every single chapter seemed to boil down to phew we got out of that last close scrape and we seem to have found a safe haven that will be great just as long as you don't push that big red button Ralphie.

Probably worth noting that True Colors is by the team that did Before the Storm, not LiS 2 or 1.

Also, True Colors is great — I'd say it's the best in the series, albeit with the caveat that LiS 1 is obviously more important/impressive as a fresh idea.

(I also didn't get on with LiS 2, for what it's worth)

Dont know if it has been posted but this War of Mine Final Cut is coming May 10th

Matchpoint Tennis Championship on 7/7 as well. It looks pretty good. 

11 hours ago, Isaac said:

The new Life is Strange is the best one yet.

I've only completed chapter 1 so far but if it keeps up this quality it's going to be a hell of a game.

Yes, the whole "it's always golden hour and here is some lovely indie folk to listen to" is definitely their style and they do seem to repeat it a lot but how can I complain when they nail it so well.

Although I refuse to believe that anybody under the age of 40 likes Kings of Leon. That was a real 'dad rock' moment.

Game just made me cry in Chapter 2. Not many games manage it. But this one did. 

It really is well written and acted and I am enjoying it as much as the first. 

I had a lot of fun in the hour or so I spent with Research and Destroy earlier, a game I had heard absolute nothing about prior to it landing on Gamepass. It’s the base/squad management of X-Com (though drastically simplified), mixed with the turn based/real time action hybrid battles of Valkryia Chronicles, presented with a goofy Destroy All Humans aesthetic.

It has a bit of a clunky, BBB-game vibe to it, but it all added to the charm for me. Worth a look if you like any of those games. 

10 minutes ago, Novelty Bobble said:

I had a lot of fun in the hour or so I spent with Research and Destroy earlier, a game I had heard absolute nothing about prior to it landing on Gamepas. It’s the base/squad management of X-Com (though drastically simplified), mixed with the turn based/real time action hybrid battles of Valkryia Chronicles, presented with a goofy Destroy All Humans aesthetic.

It has a bit of a clunky, BBB-game vibe to it, but it all added to the charm for me. Worth a look if you like any of those games. 

You sold me on it. I just need to pull myself away from cutting grass in Lawn Mowing Simulator. 

12 minutes ago, christaylor said:

Just confirming the Gold conversion still works, my Ultimate ran out yesterday and I've just extended until end of April 2025 for £109 + £10.99.

CDKeys currently have 12 months Gold on offer for £36.50: https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-one-360-eu-uk-cd-key

Is it worth it? I haven't paid a penny for mine since I signed up last summer and will easily add several more months before my current free lot runs out. If you do the MS points and achievements regular its very easy to not have to pay a thing as they throw them at you. I even bought a few bits of DLC with vouchers this month and still not struggling to keep ultimate going.

37 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Is it worth it? I haven't paid a penny for mine since I signed up last summer and will easily add several more months before my current free lot runs out. If you do the MS points and achievements regular its very easy to not have to pay a thing as they throw them at you. I even bought a few bits of DLC with vouchers this month and still not struggling to keep ultimate going.

I just use the less than £10 for 3 months turkey VPN offer that crops up. Keep mine  topped up. 

I'm saving my points for the mid-gen console upgrade

On 27/04/2022 at 18:10, Novelty Bobble said:

I had a lot of fun in the hour or so I spent with Research and Destroy earlier, a game I had heard absolute nothing about prior to it landing on Gamepass. It’s the base/squad management of X-Com (though drastically simplified), mixed with the turn based/real time action hybrid battles of Valkryia Chronicles, presented with a goofy Destroy All Humans aesthetic.

Have this a go, based on your description. Loving it do far. I've never played a timed turn based game before, but this is great. Like the setting and aesthetic as well. Winner so far. 

On 27/04/2022 at 18:10, Novelty Bobble said:

I did a couple of territories on this but the endlessly respawning enemies killed if for me, it just makes everything a slog. Shame, because it's an interesting spin on the genre.

11 hours ago, cassidy said:

Game of the year is downloading as I speak. 

Bugsnax all the way. I have no clue what it is.  And by this point I'm too afraid to admit to my stupidity. Wait....

Oo, thanks for the reminder. Downloading now for my evening/weekend entertainment.

The recommendations for It Takes Two were great, hilarious fun playing that with my brother. So many betrayals and I'm currently undefeated in the Tug of War minigame. 

I've never played a Yakuza game and see there's quite a few on Gamepass, where should I start?