IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

Yeah, Bugsnax is good. An example of the "interesting and divisive" rather than "generic and competent" kind of 7/10, definitely worth trying to see what you make of it.

Hey, Super Mega Baseball 3 is on PC gamepass via EA now. Nice! I know nothing much about baseball but this game is fun and has a little more depth than the average cartoony arcadey sports game.

Oh with @Kevvy Metal's  "critically acclaimed" I immediately thought 9s all round. 7 is decent of course. If only you could talk to the Snax.

5 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Well it's got parity of 75 critic and 7.6 user on metacritic so yeah it reviews well. It's fun and stupid and a bit dark.

Not sure what the pile on is about.

2 minutes ago, Wiper said:

Yeah, Bugsnax is good. An example of the "interesting and divisive" rather than "generic and competent" kind of 7/10, definitely worth trying to see what you make of it.

I'm definitely going to try it out! Shiiiit, all they had to say was "game pass"

14 hours ago, carlospie said:

Bugsnax. 69.99 on PlayStation.

Free on gamepass 👌

14 hours ago, Mike S said:

It was free on PS+ on release.

It was also boring as hell.

...and Gamepass isn't actually free. 

18 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

...because people are dunking on a good game?

I meant the whole back and forth. I love it. Wasn't a dig.

On 13/04/2022 at 12:19, Kevvy Metal said:

...and Gamepass isn't actually free. 

You can either have Bugsnax or half a year access to Gamepass...which will include Bugsnax.

I know which I prefer, especially if Bugsnax isn't one of those games that lends itself to repeat playthroughs.

4 hours ago, TehStu said:

Well thanks to this week's game pass quest, I'm hooked on Firewatch. How on earth have I never played this before.

Definitely a top ten walking sim; that the Rewards program has pointed it in at least one person's way justifies the whole thing, as far as I'm concerned.

It's one of the precious few walking sims I enjoyed. Wonderful game and it's a travesty that team ended up slaving down the Valve salt mines.

The follow up they were working on, In The Valley of the Gods, looked so special. We'll never see it now.

Chris Remo is a damn crossword YouTuber now 😔

Are there are examples on Game Pass currently? I mean officially, Firewatch is a "first person adventure", which could mean any number of things. I spend so much of my time walking and exploring in Odyssey I may as well queue up some games where that's the whole point.

I’m currently playing theHunter as a walking simulator, in that I’m making a vague attempt to complete the quests it’s set me but I’m mainly just doing a big virtual hike through beautiful scenery and finding points of interest on the map.

15 hours ago, Darren said:

I’m currently playing theHunter as a walking simulator, in that I’m making a vague attempt to complete the quests it’s set me but I’m mainly just doing a big virtual hike through beautiful scenery and finding points of interest on the map.

Have you perhaps taken a look at Generation Zero? I played the hunter and I too and found myself loving the scenery / setting but found myself thinking what a great environment it would be for a FPS. Well GZ is that very game (it uses the same engine) except instead of bears and rabbits it’s got creepy as fook (to me) killer robots in it. It’s not very fast paced (way slower than most FPS’s but is much faster than a walking simulator) but I found it fantastically atmospheric and it’s been tweaked and tweaked beyond its release, to make it far more enjoyable than it was at launch. 

Icing on the cake? Yup, it’s on Game Pass :).