IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

4 hours ago, deerokus said:

That offer isn't appearing for me, so probably already run out.

Apparently they've been in and out a few times today (and were up on Friday too) so might be worth keeping an eye on it 🤞

Struggling with Weird West. I like the idea of the game but the combat is abysmal and I feel like I'm constantly fighting with the view, I'm not sure that the story and atmosphere (which I like) are enough for me to persevere with the mechanics which I find intensely annoying.

Yeah, that stacks up with my early impressions of Weird West. Before playing it a bit, I was wondering why nobody seemed to be talking about it. It has some good ideas but feels all wrong. I was expecting it to have a low budget feel, but it's clumsier than expected.

I really don't like Chinatown Detective Agency.  The 'look up the clues online' sounds clever in theory, in practice it just ruins the game - you have an adventure game where the puzzle solving aspect happens outside of the game, and is replaced by lame minigames.

Bad voice acting too. Big disappointment.

HotUKdeals has another turkey Gamepass ultimate deal on. I just got a year for £2.79 per month, max 3 years.  Be wary of the promotions they add during the order journey.   Delete them all from your order as you go...

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/12-month-4-x-3-month-game-pass-ultimate-turkey-key-ps3356-at-gamivo-rabbits-xbox-shop-3917770

This presents you with choices of vendor - choose the Rabbit one, £8.74 a year. Buy up to 3 years worth. Use Winscribe, a free VPN extension for Chrome to switch to Turkey and redeem your codes.

Also Split Second for 59p, just buy it and thank later. No fuss with vpns or anything.  https://www.hotukdeals.com/visit/thread/3918238

47 minutes ago, dumpster said:

HotUKdeals has another turkey Gamepass ultimate deal on. I just got a year for £2.79 per month, max 3 years.  Be wary of the promotions they add during the order journey.   Delete them all from your order as you go...

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/12-month-4-x-3-month-game-pass-ultimate-turkey-key-ps3356-at-gamivo-rabbits-xbox-shop-3917770

Also Split Second for 59p, just buy it and thank later.  https://www.hotukdeals.com/visit/thread/3918238

For the turkey deal you need a VPN but there's a free one in the comments of the HUKD thread. Buy your Turkish codes, go onto Google chrome.  Activate the free Winscribe VPN plugin. Visit. Microsoft site and redeem codes.  That's it.  No need to mess about on console , it just adds the new time to your sub.  

For split second, just buy it from the link.  No need for VPN.

That Turkey deal is giving me 12 months for 60 quid and the discount code is only knocking 2 quid off.   Might have raised the prices since you did it.  Anyone else had any luck?

14 minutes ago, dumpster said:

Use the seller called rabbit something on that first page 8.93 for 3 months. Buy 4 of them.  Untick all promotions and Smart membership. The code only knocks about 1.70 off.

Awesome. Done and bought.  Next issue. I get VPN access with my newshost provider. Problem. New laptop and I can't connect to any of vpn servers (slickvpn)  What do people here use?  Might as well use up a free trial of whatever rllmuk find popular.

2 hours ago, rafaqat said:

Awesome. Done and bought.  Next issue. I get VPN access with my newshost provider. Problem. New laptop and I can't connect to any of vpn servers (slickvpn)  What do people here use?  Might as well use up a free trial of whatever rllmuk find popular.

Windscribe , free 2GB a month, Google Chrome plug in.

12 hours ago, alex3d said:

Is this Turkey deal better than the Live conversion one? 

Yes, as I understand it.  The old way means buying Xbox Live Gold for as long as you can up to three years, then getting it converted into Ultimate for £1.  If you have already used that offer you would pay £10.99 for the conversion. So a year, according to that first post would be £40, plus £1 or £10.99 to update.  So that  year is £41 or £51. 

So Turkey is cheaper at £35.  But it is a little more effort as you need to get a free VPN to redeem the codes, plus you can't guarantee that Turkish codes are available at all times.  There's a Netflix equivalent deal apparently , using Turkish Netflix gift vouchers to top up your UK service for half the price.  Not tried that yet.

Game Pass really needs that family plan. Kids are playing Grounded* together, one on each Xbox as there's no local co-op. Of course, that means I'm technically "playing" because I'm necessarily signed in on the secondary Xbox. Anyway, figuring it worked for Minecraft, I downloaded Grounded to my computer and... was met with the usual "you're playing somewhere else..." message. I realized it only works with Minecraft, allowing me to play while the kids are also playing on an Xbox each, because I bought Minecraft before game pass was released, so presumably have my own license which doesn't cause a Game Pass check.

*what's the deal with this game? It's been in "preview" for years.

Well that's me and one of the kids all subbed up into 2025.  Family plan or no family plan that's essentially all three of us sorted for the next 3 years for £100. 4 of us covered if I gameshare with my nephew.

1 hour ago, Hitcher said:

You can only have one Home Xbox.

Yup.  So with two gamepass subscriptions  (which is what I meant when I said my son and I, bad comms on my part) we can have 4 people gamepassing

17 hours ago, TehStu said:

*what's the deal with this game? It's been in "preview" for years.

I too had wondered that when playing (and really enjoying it too) it for a bit late last year.  

Meant to check it out then and forgot but you asking promoted a search with me just finding this:

https://www.windowscentral.com/grounded-10-million-players-milestone

TLDR. Launches later this year, oh and there's a rather nice looking Series S/X dynamic theme out too :)

Had to reset the Xbox app on my PC today as I noticed the Cloud Gaming selection had got "stuck" a couple of months back. New games weren't appearing and the list contained a load of old stuff that was no longer on Game Pass. It was working fine for games that were shown but somewhere along the line it had stopped updating itself.

A quick jaunt into "Apps and Features" and a click on the "reset" button fixed it immediately. Just thought I'd post it here in case anyone experiences the same issue.

Deceptively dark headfuck of a game Bugsnax is coming to Game Pass \o/

https://www.polygon.com/23021081/bugsnax-nintendo-switch-xbox-game-pass-release-date-dlc

A major, free content update for Bugsnax, the charming puzzle-adventure game set on an island filled with bugs made of food, is coming to the game on April 28, developer Young Horses announced Tuesday. Called The Isle of Bigsnax, the add-on for the original Bugsnax will send players to a new island teeming with new food-bug-things to catch.

Bugsnax and its free update are also coming to new platforms: Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. The game’s also coming to Steam. (Bugsnax was exclusive to PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and the Epic Games Store when it launched in 2020.)

The new versions of Bugsnax will cost $24.99 at launch, thanks to a 20% discount. Game Pass subscribers will get day-one access to Bugsnax on Xbox platforms, Windows PC, and Cloud.

5 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Fine, I'll be excited on my own. Miserable bastards.

3 minutes ago, jonny_rat said:

I'm excited about Bugsnax as well! I also thought it was a Sony exclusive. 

I really liked it on Epic. I am going to request a code to play it again on something else. 

@moosegrinderIf I get Xbox / Switch, I can give it to you if you want!

Count me in as excited for Bugsnax! 

I saw that another PS5 exclusive, Godfall, had turned up on Xbox this past week (massively unannounced). Sounds like it would have been better released on Gamepass day one as well.

1 hour ago, deerokus said:

I thought that was a Sony game.

Looks shite anyway.

1 hour ago, Doctor Shark said:

Same, thought it was this gen’s Knack. 

...it was critically acclaimed and well recieved. 🙄