IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

9 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

I have vague recollection of somewhere saying it drops tomorrow. Still no word on whether it'll work with Rock Band drums.

27th. Immensely looking forward to it, I'm a dab hand at rhythm action lol...and if the input sucks ass like it did with Double Kick Heroes, I can play it on PC as a backup. 

Eagerly hoping we get a tracklist before release, never played one of these before but I'm aware of them normally including a good amount of anime themes which has sold me immediately. 

EDIT: Didn't realise Double Kick had a PC release....bought **sigh** I'm hopeless at resisting buying rhythm games lol. 

26 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Starfield will be delayed, guaranteed. 

I think it's current release date is the delay. 

This old GDC talk about their iterative production process is interesting. Probably still applies.  Starfield was in pre-production for a long time.

Starfield won’t be delayed. The last proper fallout game had a big E3 reveal just a few months before its November release date, Starfield will be the same. Still plenty of time to unveil it. 

I would be shocked if Redfall is out this summer though. 

Forza Horizon 5 should have been the most stable release Microsoft have ever done seeing as most of the systems in place were refined in 4 and it STILL released as an absolute shit show.

Starfield is coming from a developer notorious for the abysmal state of their launches and if the pandemic had taught us anything other than people are disgusting and can't follow rules it's that it's severely impacted development time for everyone and if not moreso for huge AAA devs.

Basically I have faith in Microsoft but not Bethesda, unless after the acquisition MS drafted in a whole raft of developers to aid them.

50 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Yes but we’ve had barely any information, no screenshots, only a teaser trailer and concept art…eek

That’s the way Bethesda roll though. Todd Howard is a big fan of revealing their games close to release with a big, proper gameplay demonstration. They did it with Skyrim, Fallout 4 and Fallout 76: first properly shown in the summer and released in the winter of the same year.

Starfield may well be delayed, I don’t know, but the fact we haven’t seen it properly yet is no indication that it definitely will be, if Bethesda’s past methods are anything to go by. I’m fairly confident it’ll come out when they said it will. Whether it will break the trend of Bethesda games being bug-ridden messes at launch is another matter though…

45 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Starfield is coming from a developer notorious for the abysmal state of their launches

But...They do launch on time!

Also, for Bethesda studios titles, that dismal reputation is a little unfair.  They are doing things no one else really attempts.  Among the reasons for not cloning their very successful take on RPGs are the technical and design challenges that come with it. 

15 minutes ago, monkeydog said:

But...They do launch on time!

Also, for Bethesda studios titles, that dismal reputation is a little unfair.  They are doing things no one else really attempts.  Among the reasons for not cloning their very successful take on RPGs are the technical and design challenges that come with it. 

If you garner a reputation for EVERY SINGLE RELEASE to be snided with bugs and problems then that is something wrong on a very fundamental level with your management of those games, not the technical aspects of them. Bethesda are basically a meme at this point.

I'm all for them pushing the envelope. I've enjoyed most of their games. But they've entirely earned that reputation.

1 hour ago, Doctor Shark said:

Yes but we’ve had barely any information, no screenshots, only a teaser trailer and concept art…eek

They do the GTA model of huge info dump within six months of release.

I think E3 is when we are going to properly see gameplay.

17 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I'm all for them pushing the envelope. I've enjoyed most of their games. But they've entirely earned that reputation.

I did go as far as using italics!  I do agree with you. I just think it's more interesting than the lazy devs narrative it tends to veer off into.

7 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

The MS press conference is going to be interesting, as is the Sony one. Both must have shitloads of stuff lined up for 2023 they're dying to scream about.

Hopefully for this years ' E3' season it'll finally be wall to wall realtime trailers for actual PS5XSX|S only titles.

Yeah I don't think the devs are lazy at all. I don't know what the staff churn is but I don't see how you remain a size of Bethesda without a bit of turnover plus adding to the staff, so I'd lay the blame for all the problems squarely at management's feet.

Been playing Windjammers 2. It's as great as the first. Everyone should be playing it. 

Bit of a shame the online player count is so low, the average I have seen is about 350 and that's with crossplay on between Xbox and PC. 

Can it be classified as a sports game? If so it's one of the best ever. 

4 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

Starfield will be delayed, guaranteed. 

I’m not so sure, Fallout 4 wasn’t delayed and only officially announced quite soon before release. 

edit. Sorry, already answered :doh:

1 hour ago, monkeydog said:

Hopefully for this years ' E3' season it'll finally be wall to wall realtime trailers for actual PS5XSX|S only titles.

It worries me that Sony decided to make PS4s instead for the time being. I'm done with the cross gen phase tbh

Last E3 everything seemed to be a sodding 4 player co-op title, most of which will get utterly curb-stomped in the scrum (seriously who the fuck will be playing The Anacrusis in a crowded market). Wonder what this years bandwagon will be.

17 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Last E3 everything seemed to be a sodding 4 player co-op title, most of which will get utterly curb-stomped in the scrum (seriously who the fuck will be playing The Anacrusis in a crowded market). Wonder what this years bandwagon will be.

What year was the E3 where every game featured people being stabbed in the neck? That was a fun one.

3 hours ago, monkeydog said:

Not to be pedantic, but what exactly are Bethesda doing/have done that classes as things no one else really attempts? 

35 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Fucking hell Rainbow 6 Extraction is £45 on PSN, I honestly thought it was a F2P with a couple of extras for the GamePass version.

Yea, £45 for that is daylight robbery. As an addition to gamepass it's "fine" but paying any real money for it is a mugging, let alone £45. The fact it has an MTX shop as well is staggering to me. 

13 minutes ago, Varsity said:

Not to be pedantic, but what exactly are Bethesda doing/have done that classes as things no one else really attempts? 

I think the particular combination / extent of systems is unique in an open world rpg. The scope of npc behaviour and physics isnt really attempted to the same degree in other games (and by playing it safer, they don't have resulting misbehavour)

43 minutes ago, monkeydog said:

I think the particular combination / extent of systems is unique in an open world rpg. The scope of npc behaviour and physics isnt really attempted to the same degree in other games (and by playing it safer, they don't have resulting misbehavour)

I agree with that to a certain extent. I could maybe see back in Morrowind days etc that it was something new and exciting but to be devil's advocate, they then basically released the same formula over and over again for years. 

Not hating on it at all, I loved F3 and F4 (Never been an elder scrolls fan don't hate) but they're all kinda the same thing. Personally I lost any interest in Starfield after the F76 debacle. I think the pedestal some people put Todd on is kinda odd.

2 hours ago, Varsity said:

Yea, £45 for that is daylight robbery. As an addition to gamepass it's "fine" but paying any real money for it is a mugging, let alone £45. The fact it has an MTX shop as well is staggering to me. 

Yeah even by the standards of f2p games these days it's pretty bare bones and soulless.