Jump to content
IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST


Harsin
 Share

Recommended Posts

The Anacrusis is roooough. Lots of fundamentals aren't really in place yet especially regarding animation and hit detection. It seems very barebones. People who played Back 4 Blood for five minutes and complained about it should be forced to play this for eternity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Moz said:

The Anacrusis is roooough. Lots of fundamentals aren't really in place yet especially regarding animation and hit detection. It seems very barebones. People who played Back 4 Blood for five minutes and complained about it should be forced to play this for eternity.

 

It's early access. I don't think they should release games as early as they have done with this. 

 

The developer said recently it's no where near finished and they have a major multi year plan going forward. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I missed the announcement, but I just went to put Minecraft Dungeons on my laptop to see if it'll run it and noticed there's a new Minecraft PC gamepass bundle, which includes both Bedrock and Java editions! That's brilliant. I bought the Java edition a while ago, as my kids wanted to tinker with mods, but it makes total sense that it should be on Game Pass.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow the Anacrusis is incredibly poor.

 

Developers Stray Bombay had a dream, that dream was apparently what if you took Prey (2017) stripped out all the stuff people really liked about that game like the immersive storytelling, branching decisions, sense of exploration play your own way character customisation etcetera etecetera; and just kept the 60s/70s influenced space setting and black goo monsters and turned it into a really, really bad Left 4 Dead clone.


Even by the standards of early access releases it’s incredibly rough. There’s less bugs in a series of I’m a Celebrity. Beyond that even basic stuff like the feel of the movement and the handling of the guns is just plain bad, like you’re roller skating through treacle. It feels like something you’d find on the cover disc of some PC magazine you hadn’t heard of in 2005 that said 50 great games on here!

 

Thing is even they put in the extreme amount of work that would be needed to get this into a half-decent state, you’re left with the feeling what’s the point. There’s about metric fuckton of Left 4 Dead-allies coming out this year (including one from Arkane ironically). By the end of my time with this I actually felt sorry for the devs, looking at its menus with promises of season passes and new episodes that they hope to add, like I’d spent a couple of hours staring at a horribly disfigured dog or cat at the local shelter that you know will never be chosen by a family.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Ry said:

 

It's early access. I don't think they should release games as early as they have done with this. 

 

The developer said recently it's no where near finished and they have a major multi year plan going forward. 

 

 


I know, I listen to a podcast hosted by one of the devs. It’s way too rough for early access in my opinion, I think they’ve tanked their chances at getting any traction. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve just let my Game Pass lapse, and I’ve bought 3 years worth of gold to do the top up trick. But I’ve also just been given a year’s free ultimate game pass code from BT. Is there anyway to use the BT code and my gold codes, or am I better off just doing the gold trick and ignoring the BT offer?

 

I guess if I use the BT offer I’d be gambling on the Gold codes not expiring and the exchange offer still being open next year?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jon_cybernet said:

I’ve just let my Game Pass lapse, and I’ve bought 3 years worth of gold to do the top up trick. But I’ve also just been given a year’s free ultimate game pass code from BT. Is there anyway to use the BT code and my gold codes, or am I better off just doing the gold trick and ignoring the BT offer?

 

I guess if I use the BT offer I’d be gambling on the Gold codes not expiring and the exchange offer still being open next year?


you could do two years worth of gold, then top up with the BT, and then worst case exchange the gold for a few months later on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great news on Hitman as I have bought all three but could never get the previous levels to appear in Hitman 3s engine, so once this is out I'll delete everything and download the GP version. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, jon_cybernet said:

I’ve just let my Game Pass lapse, and I’ve bought 3 years worth of gold to do the top up trick. But I’ve also just been given a year’s free ultimate game pass code from BT. Is there anyway to use the BT code and my gold codes, or am I better off just doing the gold trick and ignoring the BT offer?

 

I guess if I use the BT offer I’d be gambling on the Gold codes not expiring and the exchange offer still being open next year?

3 x Game Pass, convert to Ultimate, wait a year, add BT Ultimate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's no thread for the Anacrusis. And that is a good thing, it's fucking dire. I know it's early access but I can't see why you'd want to put out a game in that state for people to play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Strafe said:

There's no thread for the Anacrusis. And that is a good thing, it's fucking dire. I know it's early access but I can't see why you'd want to put out a game in that state for people to play.

 

It's so odd, right? What were they thinking?!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They were probably thinking “we’ve run out of money and need to either release something to bring in cash, or jack the whole lot in”. 
 

That said, I’m not sure why Microsoft would be paying them to have it on Game Pass based on what I’ve seen of the game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm surprised to hear it's so bad - I've not played it but Nextlander spoke a lot about it on their most recent podcast and were very positive so I assumed it was good! But then their friend Will Smith seems to be involved in making it and they played it with him on stream so maybe some bias there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Radish said:

I'm surprised to hear it's so bad - I've not played it but Nextlander spoke a lot about it on their most recent podcast and were very positive so I assumed it was good! But then their friend Will Smith seems to be involved in making it and they played it with him on stream so maybe some bias there. 

 

Both the Nextlander and Giant Bomb streams had Will Smith playing with them, who has been their good friend for many years and featured on many a Bombcast, but he's also the Head of PR at Stray Bombay. Both streams had a lot of people stuck at a party everyone knows is shit desperately assuring the host they're having a whale of a time awkward energy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

Popped in to ask for suggestions for next thing to play on game pass as am almost done with FH5 for now.  Gonna get The Gunk downloading ready for tonight I think 🙂

Have you played Yakuza Like a Dragon or Nier Automata?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I started playing that Aground that's on  games with gold this month. 

 

Before I knew it I had been playing for 5 hours without even realising. Not had that with a game in years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/01/2022 at 23:05, womble9 said:

Mass Effect incoming....

 

I just want them to put the 360 version of ME2 so I can complete my Insanity playthrough, because otherwise I have to try and track down my original disc copy (somewhere in a box in the UK) or buy a digital copy. I wish I didn't have this completionist obsession but there you go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Talvalin said:

 

I just want them to put the 360 version of ME2 so I can complete my Insanity playthrough, because otherwise I have to try and track down my original disc copy (somewhere in a box in the UK) or buy a digital copy. I wish I didn't have this completionist obsession but there you go.

 

You do realise all three 360 Mass Effects are already available on the service? They are part of EA Play which is included in the Game Pass subscription.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.