IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

10 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

Yes and no. Why? What should I have done? 

Haha no idea I'm learning.

I bought what I thought was a UK one from amazon. Applied code then tried to upgrade and found it was a USA one :( so no luck

Would you mind linking me to the one you bought from CD keys? 

10 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I wanted to play Valhalla. I didn't want to give Ubisoft money for Valhalla. I guess this is a loophole?

You still do, I think people have misunderstood that announcement.

Ubisoft+ is coming to Xbox. That's the service where you can pay £12.99 a month to get access to Ubisoft games.

Separate to that, Rainbow 6: Extraction, the ropey looking Left 4 Dead knock-off where SWAT officers fight zombies or aliens or alien zombies or something is coming out on GamePass at launch.

Yes, but it's part of the Game Pass price isn't it? You don't get to opt out. Hitcher asked if we should cancel our subs and you said you didn't say that, which you didn't but what are the alternatives? Not download the games? 

3 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Yes, but it's part of the Game Pass price isn't it? You don't get to opt out. Hitcher asked if we should cancel our subs and you said you didn't say that, which you didn't but what are the alternatives? Not download the games? 

I don’t think it’ll be part of the Gamepass price, no. I think it’s an extra sub, but you’ll access the games through Gamepass like you do EA Play.

No, they don't. It's done on a Dev/publisher basis. So Microsoft might give them a lump sum or they might give them a cut. I should imagine someone like Ubi would take a cut. So yeah, not playing it is the way, bit we don't actually know.

6 minutes ago, JPL said:

I don’t think it’ll be part of the Gamepass price, no. I think it’s an extra sub, but you’ll access the games through Gamepass like you do EA Play.

Oh if that's the case then that's an easy decision. Excellent.

19 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

It's a seperate sub, the news is that you can access it via an Xbox as well a PC now.

If they were wrapping it up into your existing GamePass sub they would be shouting that from the rooftop.

Ubisoft announced that its Ubisoft+ subscription service will be coming to Xbox in the future. Originally launched for PC, the service allows access to more than 100 Ubisoft titles at a single monthly cost, with games and DLC available on launch day, and monthly rewards including cosmetics, boosters, in-game items, and more.

Note: Not a peep about GamePass in that part. Everything after that refers only to Rainbow 6.

4 minutes ago, Harsin said:

It's a seperate sub, the news is that you can access it via an Xbox as well a PC now.

if they were wrapping it up into your existing GamePass sub they would be shouting that from the rooftop.

Note: Not a peep about GamePass in that part. Everything after that refers only to Rainbow 6.

Yeah I saw. And yeah fuck that shit.

53 minutes ago, majic said:

I bought what I thought was a UK one from amazon. Applied code then tried to upgrade and found it was a USA one :( so no luck

It’ll still work if you go through a VPN. I did this to buy Turkish gold passes (because they’re cheaper) and apply to account before signing up to Gamepass ultimate and converting.

1 hour ago, majic said:

This one. Its £4 more expensive now, though 

https://www.cdkeys.com/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-one-360-eu-cd-key?__currency=gbp&gclid=Cj0KCQiAoNWOBhCwARIsAAiHnEhh53n-KdjsVTuPFQfP7wwGfIuvvXoL388cIUTbchSEHP-SSAxU1GIaAn6AEALw_wcB

1 hour ago, dizogg said:

It’ll still work if you go through a VPN. I did this to buy Turkish gold passes (because they’re cheaper) and apply to account before signing up to Gamepass ultimate and converting.

But will I need the xbox to go through a VPN every time to connect to game pass? 

1 minute ago, womble9 said:

No :).

Haha

Well that's pretty great then! 

I just tested it using a vpn and it will let me upgrade when I go through a USA based location..... I'll upgrade then and try it! 

Gorogoa is very nice. I’ve gone from feeling very stupid and like I’m just doing stuff at random to feeling very smug and clever and all the way back to feeling stupid again. But a good kind of stupid, where I realise there must be a solution. 

EDIT: Now I’m a genius again. 

I'm looking to extend my sub as it expires July 2023 (thought it was later)

What's the cheapest way as an existing subscriber? Buying a ton of one week codes for like 70p from eneba?

24 minutes ago, Ry said:

What's the cheapest way as an existing subscriber? Buying a ton of one week codes for like 70p from eneba?

Why? Wait until it expires… in a year and a half!!

52 minutes ago, deerokus said:

Valhalla is the most boring game I've played in years fwiw.  Even if you can put aside the company ethics, their games have been really tedious for the last year or so.

Fenyx was great - outside of that yeah not been a vintage year

1 hour ago, Ry said:

Microsoft reward points can keep it free on a potentially indefinite basis if you can be bothered with the 5-10 mins a day it takes to collect them.

1 hour ago, Ry said:

I do this every 3 months to keep mine topped up -

3 Month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (Turkey) (via VPN) - £14.99 @ CDKeys

There's no way I'm risking waiting until it runs out to renew.