IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

I managed to get to the first save point of yazuka zero before Halo and Forza both came out, not played it since. I wish they gave you more warning about when things would disappear.

I became stuck on Gorogoa on PC and didn't finish it. Even so, thought it was wonderful. * Will give it another go now.  It's going to look lovely on TV.

* The picture puzzles bit at least. No idea about the story side!

PC version of Outer Wilds is very welcome - the last time it was on Game Pass, it was only for the previous gen of XBox, which felt absolutely fucking awful to play. I'll gladly give it another go.

Spelunky 2 is also very good, as is Mass Effect. Great start to the year!

1 hour ago, Siri said:

PC version of Outer Wilds is very welcome - the last time it was on Game Pass, it was only for the previous gen of XBox, which felt absolutely fucking awful to play. I'll gladly give it another go.

I played Outer Wilds the first time it was on Gamepass and thought it played absolutely brilliantly. I certainly can’t remember anything about it feeling awful and I can’t remember anyone else complaining about it either, so what do you mean?

16 minutes ago, JPL said:

I played Outer Wilds the first time it was on Gamepass and thought it played absolutely brilliantly. I certainly can’t remember anything about it feeling awful and I can’t remember anyone else complaining about it either, so what do you mean?

I'm guessing you played it on a ln Xbox One X and @Siri on a Bone? That would explain it.

16 minutes ago, JPL said:

Honestly, the framerate felt atrocious, even when compared to slower-paced graphically intensive space exploration I've played on PC (Elite Dangerous on an older computer - If I recall at the time, the Intel G3258, a hot-clocked dual core when everything was starting to support multicore). And to answer @Mr. Gerbik, that was on the One X, which handily dealt with anything else.

Heightened expectations of what the console could push out, maybe. I didn't have a problem with 30fps on Base PS4 God of War, so maybe it's a framepacing issue or summat. Either way, it just felt.. bad.

I'm guessing the game has had a patch for Series consoles by now, so either way it's water under the bridge for most people, myself included.