IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

Decided to give a Series S and game pass a blast. I will be collecting my series S console on Friday and using the cdkeys for gold to convert. 

I have the Xbox pass app on my phone and can’t see Pga tour 2K21 listed yet I’m sure I saw it listed last week as it’s going to be one of the first games to be played. 

On a separate issue is the rechargeable battery and usb c cable always hard to find. 

1 hour ago, dreamylittledream said:

Gamepass on PC runs slightly differently so providing the account that has ‘bought’ Gamepass is logged into the Windows App Store on the PC and you are all part of the same Microsoft family group (done through the Microsoft website rather than the Xbox), you can log another account into the Xbox/Gamepass app on PC and use the Gamepass owned by the account in the Windows store.

Not entirely clear if that is by design or an accident as you will get notifications in the Xbox app warning your account doesn’t match the Windows store but it does work and it doesn’t seem to stop you from using two different PCs at once (my eldest can play on his laptop at the same time as I play on mine and the youngest can still be in the Series S). We only have a single Gamepass subscription (mine).

We are managing to juggle 3 accounts over two PCs and 2 Xboxes and it seems to work fine.

Thanks, really helpful. 

1 hour ago, bigjb said:

Decided to give a Series S and game pass a blast. I will be collecting my series S console on Friday and using the cdkeys for gold to convert. 

I have the Xbox pass app on my phone and can’t see Pga tour 2K21 listed yet I’m sure I saw it listed last week as it’s going to be one of the first games to be played. 

On a separate issue is the rechargeable battery and usb c cable always hard to find. 

The Rory one is on whichever that is

11 minutes ago, Razzle said:

Hi guys,

Does the deal in the first post still work? My dad's just picked up an Xbox One and this would be good for him.

It does! I did it a few weeks ago. Bought 12 months of xbox live gold from cdkeys.com, applied to my account, then started the gamepass ultimate 1 euro offer and now I have 12 (or 13) months of gamepass ultimate. Cost me about 45 euro. 

My £1 upgrade to Game Pass runs out this weekend, can someone explain in idiot proof terms how I go about extending this?

I’ve read I need to let it lapse, so,do,I have to turn off auto renew? And how long does it have to lapse for before I can stack a load of XBL subs and go again?

14 minutes ago, ontwofronts said:

I’ve read I need to let it lapse, so,do,I have to turn off auto renew? And how long does it have to lapse for before I can stack a load of XBL subs and go again?

Yep, turn off auto-renew. As for how long to leave it after it expires, I'm pretty sure that's about a fraction of a second. :)

I was offered a 24 games pass ultimate for £80. That seems to be a good deal on the face of it as its £11 a month by the looks of it normally. 

Sound too good to be true? The guy got it with some EE deal when he bought an xbox series x... 

13 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

I haven't paid a penny since the £1 offer thanks to the reward points and my current lot doesn't run out til May. Got 45k saved up at the mo which is another 3 months extension.

If you are using your points don't buy the gampass month for 12k. Instead buy the 3 months of live for 15k, they convert to 50 days of GPU (although they tell you it will only be on a month of the confirmation screen). That way you will get 150 days (so 5 months) for your 45k points.