IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

4 hours ago, Strangelite said:

Bit of a specific question, but just wondering if anyone can help:

I have a xbox PC ultimate game pass subscription that times out end of Jan 2022 - am I right in thinking that I won't be able to do the steps in the first post until that's timed out? (it's not GPU, just the PC branch) - would be ace if someone knows.

Edit: I just got my console and want to get it ready for my kids on xmas morning - ideally with some gamepass games installed 🎅

3 hours ago, wavey said:

Correct - adding e.g. 1 year of Xbox gold before your sub expires will only add on 4 months of Ultimate. Wait for it to expire, and you'll get the full year for the same.

3 hours ago, Strangelite said:

nice one, so i'm thinking, if I get a 1 month Game pass Ultimate code from somewhere... let that expire around jan 30th too, then i'll be good right?

If its just PC Gamepass you can do the conversion trick now - your existing PC Gamepass months plus any live you add on will convert to extra months of Ultimate (which gives you live/Xbox Gamepass and PC Gamepass).

As you are currently only PC Gamepass if you buy Live it will just add Live to your Xbox account - it only converts at a lower rate if you have an existing Ultimate sub

Not sure if I'm just late to the party here, but using the mobile app PC games can be "installed to" the PCs on your account the same way they can be installed to your Xbox. Only noticed as I clicked on Among Us, thinking the Xbox version was out, but it offered to put it on my laptop instead.

Also, I guess this thread is now Xbox/PC Game Pass, now they've rebranded the PC version.

How are you all accruing that many points so quickly? Admittedly I only got back to the UK in August and a lot of the Rewards stuff didn't work in Japan, but I've only managed 22k points since I got my Series S. I don't do it religiously, mind, just wondering if I'm missing anything. 

12 hours ago, TehStu said:

Not sure if I'm just late to the party here, but using the mobile app PC games can be "installed to" the PCs on your account the same way they can be installed to your Xbox. Only noticed as I clicked on Among Us, thinking the Xbox version was out, but it offered to put it on my laptop instead.

Also, I guess this thread is now Xbox/PC Game Pass, now they've rebranded the PC version.

Yeah, I made use of that a couple of times a while back before realising it was ignoring my default settings and installing games on my (tiny, 120gb) boot drive when I did it through the app. I mean, with ever-ballooning Windows (and Microsoft apps that need C drive components) I really need to upgrade that drive, but I didn't need help getting to that conclusion!

On 07/12/2021 at 22:53, Harsin said:

3 months GamePass Ultimate for £12.99

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xbox-game-pass-ultimate-3-month-subscription-ps1299-via-turkey-vpn-new-and-existing-subs-at-cdkeys-3845289

Have to use a VPN set to Turkey. I downloaded Windscribe on iOS and set it to Istanbul, redeemed code and switched it back off. Was effortless. 

Does that work out cheaper than the way it says in the first post? 

Or, if I buy three lots of 12 months of Gold now from CDkeys, can I hang onto them for the next few weeks until my current sub runs out and do the £1 conversion thing? 

Lake coming to Game Pass on the 16th. I'll probably be playing The Gunk, though.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-12-14-the-gunk-leads-new-additions-to-xbox-game-pass

The full list of games is as follows:

Ben 10: Power Trip

Broken Age

Firewatch

The Gunk

Lake

Mortal Kombat 11

Paw Patrol: Mighty Pups Save Adventure Bay

Race With Ryan

Transformers: Battlegrounds

All games are available across console, PC and cloud.

On 08/12/2021 at 22:02, deerokus said:

Serious Sam 4 has awful performance on series X. Really horrible.

Gutted.

Shame... there is a "Performance" mode on it too maybe try that? What was awful about it out of interest? Just that it ran OK on my old PC so I expected it would be fairly smooth on the Series X. Loading is slow here too though I noticed... took a while on my SSD equipped PC too so was wondering if it was just the way it is... 

9 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Shame... there is a "Performance" mode on it too maybe try that? What was awful about it out of interest? Just that it ran OK on my old PC so I expected it would be fairly smooth on the Series X. Loading is slow here too though I noticed... took a while on my SSD equipped PC too so was wondering if it was just the way it is... 

Both modes are the same somehow. Herky jerky and low frame rate.

4 hours ago, Quest said:

Lake coming to Game Pass on the 16th. I'll probably be playing The Gunk, though.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-12-14-the-gunk-leads-new-additions-to-xbox-game-pass

It felt like it was always destined to appear on the service, hence why it isn't on my Secret Santa wishlist :D

I'm looking forward to it though, because who doesn't want to deliver post on their holiday? 

1 minute ago, Ry said:

Windjammers 2 coming to GP day one on Jan 20th. 

New Sniper Elite day one as well. 

Windjammers is fucking amazing

:omg:

Awesome news. When I saw they were releasing another Sniper Elite I thought, wouldn't it be great if it came to Game Pass on day one. This service just keeps on giving. 

10 hours ago, Quest said:

Leaving on December 31st

Pro Evolution Soccer 2021 (Cloud and Console)

The Little Acre (Cloud and Console)

Yakuza 0 (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Yakuza Kiwami 1 (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Yakuza Kiwami 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Boo hiss

Actually I already own Kiwami 1 and 2 and have finished 0 but inevitably this means that 3-7 will have left before I ever get round to them.

But I’m not playing them out of order oh no