IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

38 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

As others have mentioned The Forgotten City is excellent, really really well done time travel puzzler, and is also clever in how it deals with avoiding making you have to do the same thing over and over again. Well written and generally well delivered dialogue with a lovely sense of mystery, and a great sense of place. Highly recommend people give it a go.

Is it the game 12 Minutes should have been? That was my first foray into the genre and it put me right off, so if this can right those wrongs I’ll be more than happy.

13 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

Well I WAS really enjoying Moonglow Bay but now my character is stuck on a tiny piece of scenery and all I can do is spin on the spot. :(  My last save was ages ago as well.

Guess I'm waiting for an update. Seems I'm not the only one reporting this at least. Shame because it's a lovely chilled game if you can look past all the jank.

I had this as well! Eventually I got out by adjusting the camera to a position that would let me move very slightly (when the character was behind scenery). They need to add a reset position command in the options screen or something.

11 hours ago, JPL said:

Is it the game 12 Minutes should have been? That was my first foray into the genre and it put me right off, so if this can right those wrongs I’ll be more than happy.

Yep as @deerokussays it’s not really anything like 12 minutes beyond the looping construct. 12 minutes is a single escape room (flat) point and click puzzle with a tiny set of characters. The Forgotten City is a first person game with a single, but much larger location and a good number of characters (it started as a Skyrim mod). It also makes much more logical sense and is really based around conversations as opposed to fiddly and sometimes very obtuse actions you had to take in 12 minutes.

Pretty stacked couple of weeks. It Takes Two is one of the games of the year (if you ignore the story), jump on it if you haven't already done so.

11/2 - Minecraft (PC) - Unpacking (PC/X)

11/4 - It Takes Two (PC/X) - Kill it With Fire (PC/X)

11/9 - Football Manager 2022 (PC/X) - Forza Horizon 5 (PC/X)

11/11 - GTA San Andreas (X) - One Step From Eden (PC/X)

59 minutes ago, footle said:

itll be the six months after launch to Ea play presumably?

It's actually just over 7 months for this. In generaly games appear on EA Play somewhere between 6 and 9 months after release, so it's nice that this is on the shorter side of that.

Really looking foward to it as I've heard nothing but good things about it

bit disappointed that san andreas aint on PC, i mean i have a bone x, but, a better pc

least there is FM as my broke ass cant afford it right now!

and two downloads of forza, oen for each, thasts an overnight job lol

Another fantastic slate for me. I loved the demo of Unpacking, and I’ve been holding out for It Takes Two to come to GamePass. Every year or so I try and fail to get my wife interested in games, and now I’ve got that and The Forgotten City lined up my naive optimism that I will finally convert her is higher than ever!

Add Forza and FM and it really seems too good to be true. I haven’t even had the chance to try AOE4 yet. At least the experience of using the Xbox app on PC remains consistently hair-pullingly awful - wouldn’t want to be too positive, heaven forfend. 

In a similar vein, I really enjoyed the hour or so I played on Moonglow Bay, but the performance was legitimately terrible (and I’m by no means a Digital Foundry wonk) and it crashed and lost my progress. Not sure if I’ll go back now, which is a shame. There’s so much I like about it. 

8 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Unpacking is up. 600mb or so.

Hang on. Unpacking is a game where you unpack boxes and put items from the boxes into a room? Like moving house? This a game? Sound more like torture to me...  Did it for real again last year. Hate moving house... :D 

It never amazes me what subject areas they can make games off these days... no one can complain about gaming not having enough variety for sure! 

19 minutes ago, Gotters said:

right places ? 

i thought it was just like Tetris and you had to fit it all in

Some items belong in certain rooms and some in specific places. I'm on the second set of rooms and I have no idea where the flat pink and purple swirly thing goes. Can anyone help?

8 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Hang on. Unpacking is a game where you unpack boxes and put items from the boxes into a room? Like moving house? This a game? Sound more like torture to me...  Did it for real again last year. Hate moving house... :D 

It never amazes me what subject areas they can make games off these days... no one can complain about gaming not having enough variety for sure! 

It's quite zen. Moving and unpacking is a ball ache, but this is quite lovely.

22 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Some items belong in certain rooms and some in specific places. I'm on the second set of rooms and I have no idea where the flat pink and purple swirly thing goes. Can anyone help?

🐁

Unpacking is kinda lovely, really enjoying it as a super chill puzzler.

Unpacking is brilliant. 

The way the story has unfolded is fantastic. Visual storytelling at its best. 

Early spoiler that some of you may have noticed

Spoiler

You have maybe broke up with your partner (not certain yet) and move back to your childhood home. When unpacking the wee pictures you pin to the wall you come across an image of a man and woman. The man has the pin through his head. You can't proceed by pinning it on the wall and you need to hide it out of sight. I did try the bin but didn't work. Wee bit sad. 

3 hours ago, MattyP said:

I think Gamepass likes to taunt me. Last time I moved house "Moving Out" was added. Moving again this month and "Unpacking" is added (not to mention Moving Out being added to GwG). 

Games leaving "soon" (i.e. in a couple of weeks) are as follows:

The Gardens Between

Streets of Rogue

Final Fantasy VIII

Planet Coaster

Star Renegades

River City Girls

If you haven't played The Gardens Between, get on it: it's short, charming, clever and absolutely shits achievements.

I'll be sorry to see Planet Coaster go, too, even though I've got it on PC it works surprisingly well on console and it's a nice chilled game.