IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

I got to the scrap yard but it took me ages to beat the boss before that and had to resort to sleeping, beating the raccoons and the single rat and sleeping in between for what felt like ages to be able to beat it. The fact you run out of skill points and have to resort to a battle of attrition with the standard attacks just screams lack of decent balance. 

It is a bit annoying I agree, but you are literally just at the point where things get better.  

The Christmas lights you find after beating the scrapyard villain allow you to unlock the treehouse shop, where you can spend all the money you have been acculmulating on buying health & skill power ups as well as better moves etc.  Makes it much easier than doing all the backtracking you have to do up to that point.

I am using it as a daily achievement game at the moment, as I find 10 - 15 minutes or so of play is usually enough to pop the next achievement.  Although got 2 in quick succession today after literally 2 minutes playing which was a tad gutting.

I'm in the middle of spending a pretty enjoyable session with Project Wingman this afternoon. It's just gone on GP today I think.

It seems a very Ace Combat "lite" up to now (still just messing around on the first mission mind) But so far it's been a good Top Gun simulator. Looks like it's very much a port of a PC game judging by the settings menu. I just whacked everything up to high now that I'm a happy Series X owner and although it's no oil painting with everything turned up it looks good.

Best thing about it so far though, is it seems pretty easy!

I'm blowing up shit all over the shop. You can up the difficulty in the settings mind but I'm quite enjoying being Tom Cruise Ace Pilot With Little Experience But Winning The War right now. 

Things might change as I get further into the missions but so far, this is pretty good.

38 minutes ago, pledge said:

Based on some reviews it seems like it includes a fair amount of video content to complement the game. That could be accounting for some of it.

Yeah, there’s an option in game for enabling 4K videos “if you downloaded them”, so I guess the preload I got didn’t include them.

The videos themselves are actually pretty good, like the sort of thing Neil Oliver would have popped up in back in the days before he went full gammon.

9 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

When I searched for nullpoint it only came up with one account, so I'll go and look for that ta. What did you ask about?

It was about crash bug I’d encountered on PC. He’d already fixed it on PC and was rolling out a patch for Xbox that day, I just hadn’t updated the game!

3 hours ago, MrCarrot said:

wtf 🤣

I preloaded it yesterday and it only downloaded a bit over 40 gigs, and it seems to be letting me start it without fetching anything else.

Gah, it wants to download 35GB now before I do anything.

2 hours ago, MrCarrot said:

Yeah, there’s an option in game for enabling 4K videos “if you downloaded them”, so I guess the preload I got didn’t include them.

The videos themselves are actually pretty good, like the sort of thing Neil Oliver would have popped up in back in the days before he went full gammon.

The game is about 85 GB. That menu option is misleading in the settings, as it doesn't tell you how to install the 4k videos.  There's another install item called "Age of Empires  IV: 4K HDR Video Pack" which is another 132 GB.

1 hour ago, pledge said:

The game is about 85 GB. That menu option is misleading in the settings, as it doesn't tell you how to install the 4k videos.  There's another install item called "Age of Empires  IV: 4K HDR Video Pack" which is another 132 GB.

Checked the files it downloaded, and there's only actually 13GB of videos - but just to waste everyone's bandwidth and storage it downloads the same videos multiple times in German, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin. Rather than the same videos with different audio and/or subtitles just multiple copies..

23 hours ago, Waggo said:

It is a bit annoying I agree, but you are literally just at the point where things get better.  

The Christmas lights you find after beating the scrapyard villain allow you to unlock the treehouse shop, where you can spend all the money you have been acculmulating on buying health & skill power ups as well as better moves etc.  Makes it much easier than doing all the backtracking you have to do up to that point.

I am using it as a daily achievement game at the moment, as I find 10 - 15 minutes or so of play is usually enough to pop the next achievement.  Although got 2 in quick succession today after literally 2 minutes playing which was a tad gutting.

Anyone that's struggling with the scrap boss, keep going. He isn't too hard to beat and although it is a little big of a slog it's worth it :)

I’m really loving Moonglow Bay. It’s strange because I detest the graphical look of the characters/houses etc, it has questionable button mapping, a fair few bugs and (occasionally) has the worst screen tearing I’ve ever seen. There’s just something lovely, charming and chill about it though, and I’m getting quite obsessed with getting all the cooking recipes and fish.

Well I WAS really enjoying Moonglow Bay but now my character is stuck on a tiny piece of scenery and all I can do is spin on the spot. :(  My last save was ages ago as well.

Guess I'm waiting for an update. Seems I'm not the only one reporting this at least. Shame because it's a lovely chilled game if you can look past all the jank.

As others have mentioned The Forgotten City is excellent, really really well done time travel puzzler, and is also clever in how it deals with avoiding making you have to do the same thing over and over again. Well written and generally well delivered dialogue with a lovely sense of mystery, and a great sense of place. Highly recommend people give it a go.