Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

5 hours ago, earlymodernsteve said:

Unsighted is neat. Bloody hard until it clicks though. Got a weird issue where it doesn't let me move on my wireless controller when my son's wired one is connected. Wireless one is linked to my profile so no idea what's going on. 

Ditch the son

Just a heads-up for everyone.

There's currently an issue redeeming "prepaid cards" at Microsoft which means you can't redeem any Xbox Live subscription cards. 

It's been going on for over 48 hours now, and they've only just started admitting there's an issue and have locked out the live support chat regarding it. 

They will supposedly update their twitter etc when it is fixed, but it's took them over forty-eight hours to admit it on the support site, so god only knows how long it will take for them to actually fix it and announce it. 

Don't want anyone else to be stuck in limbo spending money and not being able to use the codes. 

They dropped like four weebo games in a row which is wild. Downloaded them all but which ones are legit good? Wanna get deep into something that plays like Astral Chain or Xenoblade or FF.

6 hours ago, mikeyl said:

They dropped like four weebo games in a row which is wild. Downloaded them all but which ones are legit good? Wanna get deep into something that plays like Astral Chain or Xenoblade or FF.

Scarlet Nexus is a bit astral chainy.

13 hours ago, Nosejam said:

Thought I’d have a try of Astria Ascending and it won’t even start from the title screen! Seems others are having the issue too. 

Rumours are according to the deepest of dark pits that are the Xbox store reviews. That a full restart and trying again will fix your woes.

Me though. Fuck that shit make your game work. 

I tried AI: Somnium Files for about half an hour. It's very...odd, even given the developer. I thought it was a straight visual novel, but there are more interactive elements than I was expecting. I really enjoyed Virtue's Last Reward, so I'll keep dipping in and out of it, but I have to admit I nearly fell asleep playing it in bed earlier via remote play.

11 hours ago, Arn X Treme said:

Just a heads-up for everyone.

There's currently an issue redeeming "prepaid cards" at Microsoft which means you can't redeem any Xbox Live subscription cards. 

It's been going on for over 48 hours now, and they've only just started admitting there's an issue and have locked out the live support chat regarding it. 

They will supposedly update their twitter etc when it is fixed, but it's took them over forty-eight hours to admit it on the support site, so god only knows how long it will take for them to actually fix it and announce it. 

Don't want anyone else to be stuck in limbo spending money and not being able to use the codes. 

redeeming codes is now working again! 

4 minutes ago, deerokus said:

I was most of the way through downloading avengers and then it just started back at 12kb. Did a patch hit or something?

Fuck all that.

I had problems downloading Unmetal, only a small download but it kept stopping and if I selected resume all it just stopped again. So I turned off the Xbox and let in download in rest mode.

5 hours ago, cassidy said:

Rumours are according the deepest of dark pits that the Xbox store reviews. That a full restart and trying again will fix your woes.

Me though. Fuck that shit make your game work. 

This seems to be a fairly common issue with Game Pass games for some reason. I've had it with I Am Fish and Art of Rally recently. 

4 hours ago, Quest said:

This seems to be a fairly common issue with Game Pass games for some reason. I've had it with I Am Fish and Art of Rally recently. 

Same I had it with I am Fish too. 

9 hours ago, Mr Do 71 said:

I had problems downloading Unmetal, only a small download but it kept stopping and if I selected resume all it just stopped again. So I turned off the Xbox and let in download in rest mode.

Hmmm I was having this issue with downloading Bayonetta off the store yesterday. Hopefully it has resolved itself overnight.

11 hours ago, deerokus said:

I was most of the way through downloading avengers and then it just started back at 12kb. Did a patch hit or something?

Fuck all that.

If it helps, it stopped you from playing it.

Me and some lads played it last night and we all had enough within an hour. I'm sure the solo campaign's fine from what I played of it, but the multiplayer campaign's general engagement is a bigger convoluted mess than Destiny 2, and that's quite an achievement.

Combat offers nothing more than damage sponges and status turrets, either.

Oh well. At least that's 110gb quickly claimed back in the PC for Forza.

11 hours ago, deerokus said:

Fuck all that.

I've had exactly the same issue with downloading Avengers last night and this morning, gets so far and then says "Installation Stopped". Resuming restarts the whole download process.

I have more than enough space, having cleared some games, but to be fair it doesn't seem to be space related. It even suggests suspending games to increase download speeds!

Ah well, even the Xbox doesn't want it installed, probably for the best!

Was enjoying Unsighted, but bloody hell it's hard. Got to a mini boss in the first dungeon, 4 bouncing statutes. Died about a dozen times and rage quit, didn't get close to winning. Grrr.

On 02/10/2021 at 12:48, mikeyl said:

They dropped like four weebo games in a row which is wild. Downloaded them all but which ones are legit good?

Be interested to know too, because it kind of looks like 10 completely similar games have dropped the last few weeks.

Just a further word of warning around Avengers, don't try and install it as it seemingly buggers up installation of other games as well. The only fix that worked for me was cancelling the Avengers install entirely before hard resetting the console. I've since been able to install two games (Doom 64 and Scarlet Nexus) without issue, both of which were suffering the "Installation Stopped" issue beforehand.

More and more people are complaining about the problem online now so MS/Square should react and sort it. Game really does seem cursed though lol.

18 hours ago, kensei said:

Avengers has a number of annoying QTEs and an enforced stealth section right at the start. No idea how this triple A game ended up on Gamepass.

Is that not unlike "Best game ever" Shenmue?

4 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Shenmue (the first one) has one stealth section about 2/3rds of the way through.

Although it is, indeed, shit.

I've not yet played 3.

Save ruining the series for yourself and don't. Absolute bag of shite, made me so angry I can't even go back to the other 2 :lol:

• Harsin changed the title to Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST