IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

On 02/10/2021 at 12:48, mikeyl said:

They dropped like four weebo games in a row which is wild. Downloaded them all but which ones are legit good?

Be interested to know too, because it kind of looks like 10 completely similar games have dropped the last few weeks.

Just a further word of warning around Avengers, don't try and install it as it seemingly buggers up installation of other games as well. The only fix that worked for me was cancelling the Avengers install entirely before hard resetting the console. I've since been able to install two games (Doom 64 and Scarlet Nexus) without issue, both of which were suffering the "Installation Stopped" issue beforehand.

More and more people are complaining about the problem online now so MS/Square should react and sort it. Game really does seem cursed though lol.

18 hours ago, kensei said:

Avengers has a number of annoying QTEs and an enforced stealth section right at the start. No idea how this triple A game ended up on Gamepass.

Is that not unlike "Best game ever" Shenmue?

4 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Shenmue (the first one) has one stealth section about 2/3rds of the way through.

Although it is, indeed, shit.

I've not yet played 3.

Save ruining the series for yourself and don't. Absolute bag of shite, made me so angry I can't even go back to the other 2 :lol:

4 hours ago, Jg15 said:

Just a further word of warning around Avengers, don't try and install it as it seemingly buggers up installation of other games as well. The only fix that worked for me was cancelling the Avengers install entirely before hard resetting the console. I've since been able to install two games (Doom 64 and Scarlet Nexus) without issue, both of which were suffering the "Installation Stopped" issue beforehand.

More and more people are complaining about the problem online now so MS/Square should react and sort it. Game really does seem cursed though lol.

I've had the same issue with hot wheels after it happened to avengers. Makes sense now.

6 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Just started avengers. It seems to be 140 gig of unmitigated wank. 

Well, I can't say I have much sympathy for you. I mean, you knew full well it was going to be a piece of old shit, yet you proceeded to download it.

Next up, we see if there's any fun to be had rubbing our genitals over and over again with coarse sandpaper.

3 hours ago, deerokus said:

I've had the same issue with hot wheels after it happened to avengers. Makes sense now.

Happy to give up on it at this stage, there are plenty more games in the proverbial sea that is Game Pass (and better games by the sound of it).

11 minutes ago, Fierce Poodle said:

No. That’s definitely wrong.

Shenmue 1 and 2 were in my top 10 games of all time for over 20 years. 

Then I tried to play them again last year and absolutely destroyed that memory. Made me sad. 

The problem with Shenmue is that it has aged terribly. It was great in its day, groundbreaking even, but not anymore.

Yakuza always felt like the natural evolution and is more enjoyable to play. Side quests more than make up for the series shortcomings and I feel like I know Kamurocho like the back of my hand.

Would the addition of shit combat and tediously waiting for an npc to be at the right location at the right time to trigger the next quest make Yakuza better?

There's no denying the game's influence and innovation but it's almost unplayable today.

9 hours ago, deerokus said:

There's no denying the game's influence and innovation but it's almost unplayable today.

Completely disagree with you on this one - I played Shenmue 1 and 2 back-to-back in the run up to Shenmue 3 releasing, for the first time since I originally played them on the Dreamcast, and they're still utterly engrossing. Yes of course they've dated but they're still utterly unique - especially the first.

Yakuza is absolutely these games' spiritual heir but there's something magical about Shenmue still.

Done the first level on Avengers and it's not as appalling as I thought - nothing especially groundbreaking but it looks and sounds pretty enough.

Anyway - which is the best Yakuza that doesn't have turn based combat?  Never played any Yakuza game before but I feel like I should so wanted to know where to start?