Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

I've got to agree with all the comments about Skatebird.

I remember the game being announced in 2018, and thinking 'hey, there's no Tony Hawk game in sight and the birds are adorable, maybe I'll get it'.

Since then, THPS1&2 was announced, came out and was actually fantastic. A good year later, this fucking game dribbles out of development (thankfully, without requiring payment) and plays like an asset flip. 

Too little, too late. Completely forgettable after five minutes, and I don't recommend it at all. Go play the original Skate on EA Play again, I know I will be after experiencing whatever the fuck Skatebird was. Irredeemable dog shit.

Based on the comments here I think I'm probably going to love skatebird it's not meant to be a serious skateboarding game and I'm expecting from it really I'm expecting something quirky for 5-minutes at a time I don't know but it still looks right up my alley something I can just switch off from and enjoy not care about being good at so to speak but this is a beauty of game pass it allows people to try out these things and not like them and for those that do great those that don't move on I suppose and some other depressed from myself because I'm trying to work out a way to stop talking so yeah that would be me stopping talking now

Sadly it's less about the tone of it etc. and more that it just doesn't feel like a functional piece of software. It's the jankiest thing I've played in a long time and not even in an amusing way.

I think most people thought the concept was fun really, that's why it's disappointing.

I don’t get why people had any interest in skate bird really, it always looked like another one of those twee games that are complete shit, like untitled goose game, goat simulator, etc.

Trying to rope people in with a daft selling point rather than on the merits of it being an actual good game.

6 minutes ago, Mortis said:

But untitled goose game and goat sim are brilliant at what they’ve set out to do. 
 Skatebird is just unmitigated shite. 

I thought they were both just cynical cash-ins on their daft premise. I suppose they both had working control schemes though.

20 minutes ago, Harsin said:

What did you think about it was complete shit, Goat Simulator is a lolrandom monkey cheese waste of time and does at least resemble your criticism. But Goose Game? Fair enough not liking it but callng it a cynical cash and only having a daft selling point doesn’t describe that game whatsoever. It was clearly made with craft and a lot of love from the devs even if you didn’t enjoy it.

I just thought it was really poor. Bad graphics, boring gameplay, annoying controls, etc. But above all, I just didn’t find it fun to play. Maybe I got suckered in by the hype because everyone seemed to be hailing it as the second coming, but it just felt like it was trading on its daft name to me.

I haven’t played skate bird yet, and I’m unlikely to, but it seems very similar in that it’s a very underwhelming game that’s trying to grab an audience by having the wacky conceit of cute birds on skateboards.

6 hours ago, Darren said:

And that’s without mentioning that it’s jettisoned the stylised, almost cel-shaded graphics of the original for much uglier generic 3D, or that it suffers from constant, awful screen tearing.

What a shame.

I'd never heard of Aragami before the sequel taking up residence in the coming soon section for weeks. Bloody hell you weren't kidding Darren!

spacer.png

The game I played this afternoon looked like it dropped through a time portal from about two generations ago compared to that. Why the hell would they do that.

3 minutes ago, deerokus said:

Untitled goose game wasn't a cynical meme thing, it caught on quite organically because it was a good game.

Have you ever heard of these things called opinions? I’ve given my reasons for not liking it and that’s it. You can’t force me to see it any differently.

Besides, how could it have caught on because it was a good game, when they gave it that ridiculous name before anyone had even played it? The whole marketing campaign around it was built off the memes and that’s why I’ve always been cynical of skate bird using a wacky conceit to put the game in people’s minds.

But anyway, this has gone off topic enough. Maybe I should have said 12 Minutes instead, but that pile of shit tried to hoodwink people with the use of Hollywood actors.

5 hours ago, BitterToad said:

Yes. You are giving yours and people are giving theirs in response. 

Goose Game was great, leagues above the likes of Goat Sim and Skatebird. A fun, chilled out Hitman game with a really relaxing vibe. 

Of course it’s fine that people enjoyed it and I’m really not against that in any way. Just as I can imagine some people will like Skate Bird.

Maybe I should have said they saw what a daft premise and name did for Goose Game and thought they’d try it themselves, or maybe I should have just used a different example, even though I personally think it fits quite well.

Either way, you all know what I was getting at, so berating me for not liking Goose Game is way off topic and I’d rather we leave it there, so I don’t have to keep explaining my obvious point in ever more convoluted ways. It wasn’t really a point that needed stretching this far really.

My gamepass expired and I'm taking a break before I renew it. Is there any way to change my Destiny 2 back to new light? It wont launch at all without telling me to renew gamepass. I tried deleting the expansion packs but would rather not download the full game unless I really have to.

4 hours ago, Mortis said:

well that’s pretty much your opinion on any game now void. Sorry but skatebird is possibly the worst game I’ve played in years. 

I actually find Bradigor’s reviews to be the most helpful of anyone’s as I know if he likes it I’ll think it’s shit. Don’t mean that to sound aggressive, it’s just genuinely the case with most things. 

• Harsin changed the title to Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST