IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

14 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

You can, but at a reduced rate. For example 3 months of Live will convert to 50 days of GPU if you have a current sub. (Even though it will tell you it is only going to convert to a month).

Oh perfect, tempted to try the 12 months and see what it converts to. If it’s roughly half then that’s a year for £50, pound a week I’ll take. 

At least MS has done the same thing as Forza 6, and have dropped the Forza 7 and all the DLC to impulse buy territory.

I've pulled the trigger just to have a Forza to occasionally play on PC - Forza 6 was before Microsoft pledged every first-party game to be cross-buy on both PC and XBox, so I've only got the console version, from memory.

4 hours ago, Mortis said:

Exactly that - I expect the plan was to have FM8 out by now but covid delays etc. 

Quite depressing though, 7 isn’t that old. I have the physical version on disc and I wonder how that is affected, or if you own the digital version rather than just Gamepass. 

41 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Quite depressing though, 7 isn’t that old. I have the physical version on disc and I wonder how that is affected, or if you own the digital version rather than just Gamepass. 

It's 4 years old. There was less time between 6 and 7. Physical versions will work fine, you just won't be able to buy the game digitally or the DLC.

42 minutes ago, Stanley said:

if you own it you can play it, I can still play all the Forza and Horizon games that have been delisted digitally, I just can’t buy them from the MS store.  Even gift cards will work until

they run out of supply. 

7 hours ago, Mortis said:

Exactly that - I expect the plan was to have FM8 out by now but covid delays etc. 

Bit poor really I guess. No Forza 8 to replace it and no mention of when it is due to release? Not that I'm that fussed really. Hardly played 7 anyway despite buying it back before GamePass was a thing. 

Be interesting to see what they do with 8 to inject some life back into the Motorsport series. Still find 3 hard to beat in terms of variety of tracks and point to point races.

1 hour ago, Lovelyman said:

Surely they could just drop the price to free and let everyone own it as long as you have a sub?

they might have a per copy licensing agreement, perhaps. Have they ever given a forza game away with GWG?

(FH, FH2, F5 and F6 apparently)

8 minutes ago, Mallet said:

Gamepass is already working it's magic for me after getting xbox last Wednesday.

I played, beat and really enjoyed Hellblade and now I'm a couple of hours into Call of the sea and really enjoying that too. They are both games that I am now a little ashamed to admit I would never even have thought of buying.

That's the Game Pass difference™

2 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

That's the Game Pass difference™

Agreed. While it's great to get the AAA games the real value is in the games which are denoted as such:

It's not for everyone

It's an acquired taste

For fans of the genre (not a genre you've played)

It's a marmite game

Things that you'd be wary of spending money on you can have a go.

10 hours ago, footle said:

they might have a per copy licensing agreement, perhaps. Have they ever given a forza game away with GWG?

(FH, FH2, F5 and F6 apparently)

Note not FH3, which is also delisted.

I wonder if the manufacturers stamped on that one somehow, maybe in the way you state.

Finished Omno last night - what a lovely little gem. Realy relaxing, not too taxing, looks lovely, and sounds lovely too.

It won't be for everyone, but I for one rather liked the short nature and 'ease' of it - each level was perfectly possible to 100% just playing normally without having to use a guide etc - it respected me by not being willfully obtuse with dozens of stupidly hidden bits and pieces, and I respect it in return. 

23 minutes ago, rgraves said:

Finished Omno last night - what a lovely little gem. Realy relaxing, not too taxing, looks lovely, and sounds lovely too.

It won't be for everyone, but I for one rather liked the short nature and 'ease' of it - each level was perfectly possible to 100% just playing normally without having to use a guide etc - it respected me by not being willfully obtuse with dozens of stupidly hidden bits and pieces, and I respect it in return. 

I actually loved Omno and would like to see more games like this released. Not every game has to be massive open worlds, sandbox survival with rogue like progression. 
I found Omno perfectly paced, didn't outstay its welcome and I actually still think about it, weeks after I 100% it.