IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

7 minutes ago, Mallet said:

For games like FF xiii that come to game pass, do the publishers tend to put the sequels on special offer? 

XIII-2 and XIII-3 are slated to hit game pass at some point too. I'm not sure what happened with the FF line-up on there, everything took way longer than expected to roll out and they've already started taking the PS1 era games off before they've finished putting everything up.

I love Signs of the Sojourner, but then I love my artsy/hipster/"smug" stuff so I would. A nice, unique setting and willingness to throw the player into it and have them learn its intricacies through experience and repeat plays rather than infodump appealed to me.

is there any where that will tell you what game updates do?

I just went to continue playing Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice only to be met with a 4.58th update. I only downloaded the game last night so i assume this must be a patch released today?

1 hour ago, Mallet said:

is there any where that will tell you what game updates do?

I just went to continue playing Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice only to be met with a 4.58th update. I only downloaded the game last night so i assume this must be a patch released today?

7 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Ff13 is up now. Il play through that next, not the greatest FF game and most of the characters have stupid names but a solid battle system and I believe 4k cutscenes are added.

It looks almost like a modern game with all the visual enhancements (if you have a One X or Series X)

1 hour ago, JPL said:

What ever happened to Grounded? I never played it back when they initially stuck it on Gamepass, but has it progressed much since then?

It’s still on there. I’ve been chipping away at it for a couple of weeks and I find it pretty good fun with a couple of hrs of play time absolutely flying by.

Some of it looks lovely too :)

1 hour ago, JPL said:

What ever happened to Grounded? I never played it back when they initially stuck it on Gamepass, but has it progressed much since then?

It's a great wee game that got no attention . I dip in and out of it. Really nice looking as well. 

There are plenty of 'preview' games on game pass right? Starmancer is another that I have played recently, which is a long, long way off release.

Grounded has loads of potential but desperately needs some balance/progress fixes and quality of life improvements before release.

I first played FFXIII when it was added as an X-Enhanced back compat game. I know it got a lot of flak for how linear it is but after years of open world games the linear nature actually felt like a breath of fresh air.  The XP gain is managed so you're always the right level and there is no grinding. The X-Enhancement is insane as Square over engineered the models for close ups and the X-Enhance just uses those most of the time so it looks really good too.

I really like FFXIII. The battle system is my favourite in the whole series and although it gets a lot of flak for being linear, it opens up completely at around the 25-hour mark and becomes almost a different game. Characters are the usual mix of decent and incredibly annoying and the environments and music are beautiful. It's definitely overdue a reappraisal from people who've written it off without playing it, it's massively better than the car crash that was FFXV at the very least.

I'm definitely going to give XIII another shot. As much as I disliked it back then, I remember thinking it maybe wasn't that bad while playing FFXV. Now that game has turned me off the series completely. I became a fan with 4 and 6 on the SNES and a new FF has always been a big happening ever since for me. But seeing FFXVI didn't do anything for me, zero interest. Especially with DQXI being absolutely brilliant imho, bring on DQXII!