IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

1 hour ago, Majora said:

That's a great end to the month. Personally I'm most excited for The Last Stop as I fucking loved Virginia and if the soundtrack is even half as good then it'll be worth the download for that alone.

Also down for The Ascent, Raji and giving Flight Simulator a spin. Whew.

Yeah some great releases on the way, Hades in a couple of weeks too - played it to death (heh) but hopefully it will be 4K and all that good stuff so I’ll happily play some more. 

15 minutes ago, carlospie said:

This. Also how the fuck do you save it. Iv played the intro twice now due to presuming it would save and it didn't. 

From the overworld when you leave town. Might take about 15 minutes to get there.

I'm half an hour in and already had a hard crash where the game didn't respond to my inputs. Edit: Twice in the same spot now - at the "setting up camp scene" after the first boss, the first dialogue box. Anyone else getting this?

Also, Lethal League Blaze on GP - hell yeah!

9 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Omg Blinx! Hells yeah!

:lol:

Crimson Skies is lovely to see, mind (though obviously I own a physical copy, so it's of limited interest to me personally). On PC, Wingman is well worth a go too, though I was disappointed by the writing; it does a great job of lifting Ace Combat's gameplay, but fails to live up to its melodrama, alas. Still, more Ace Combat gameplay — with VR support, no less — is nothing to sniff at!

10 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

I think I'm going to do it. 

I am!

I'm going to play Blinx. 

Me too. It was the game I wanted an Xbox for back in the day, along with Munch's Oddysee. Ultimately I got a PS2 and GameCube instead. I played a demo of Blinx in a Toys R Us and thought it was amazing. I'll be going into this with those same incredibly high 13 year old me expectations, and am confident I won't be disappointed.

Crimson is great because, since it uses the system link not xbox live it's possible (And has been done) to have it running on Xbox, 360, One and Series at the same time all playing a multiplayer game against each other.

8 hours ago, Nosejam said:

I knew nothing about Last Stop and it’s made a very good first impression! 

I thought Virginia was absolutely fantastic, and Last Stop looks interestingly different in style and theme. I'm not expecting an awful lot of interaction or choice but if the ride is as good as the first game we're in for a treat. 

Quick question - I have a 3 month trial for Game Pass. If I use it, can I still do that £1 upgrade thing afterwards? Or is that only for people who haven't been on Game Pass before?

18 minutes ago, Popo said:

@K the latter, but you can still upgrade for a certain amount later.  I'm not sure how much, can only find the value in dollars, but it seems to be the cost of one month of GPU.

Thanks - so if I wanted to get my money's worth, it'd probably be best to extend my Xbox live subscription, upgrade through the special offer, then add the 3 month trial code on top to extend it a bit further.

45 minutes ago, K said:

Thanks - so if I wanted to get my money's worth, it'd probably be best to extend my Xbox live subscription, upgrade through the special offer, then add the 3 month trial code on top to extend it a bit further.

@metallicfrodo is right and you won't be able to use the trial after you've nabbed yourself a GPU sub, but if you did the 3 months trial, bought 2 years of Gold (£39.99 from CD Keys) and upgraded for the cost of 1 month of GPU (£10.99) the total cost would be £90.97 for 29 months* of GPU (about £3.13 per month).  Or sack off the trial, buy 3 years and convert for £1 for £120.97 (or £3.36 per month).  Do check my numbers!

So yes, sack off the trial and buy 3 years - basically the same cost to you per month, but you've locked it in for longer, and Microsoft could withdraw the conversion offer in the future.

*You get a bonus month of Gold when you add a code if you opt to auto-renew, from what I recall - doesn't work if you buy 3 years' worth, because you won't be able to add the third year of Gold to your account (3 years is the maximum you can have on hand).