IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

18 hours ago, Percy Filth said:

3 I reckon. 1&2 are so old now you really have to lower your expectations of the technical aspects and get into the story. 

New Vegas is more complex In terms of story (your choices make more of an impact) but I didn't find it as satisfying. 

4 is a shiny new version of 3, but still quite janky and over simplified in some ways. 

Fallout 76 is broken in so many ways, don't start with that. 

*Fallout 3 is one of my favourite games of all time, but it's never looked great. It does the atmospheric thing very well though. 

I'm enjoying 76 again now that there's actual NPCs in it. However, I won't play it alone. It's 100% a Fallout with your mates experience for me. Great fun tooling up and going searching for some stuff or looking for a fight.

19 hours ago, denisb said:

For some reason I've never played a fallout game which is best to try out ? 

Depends how deep you like your RPGs to be. Personally Fallout 4 was my favourite, but I only played a part of 3 & NV. 76 is fun, but janky and should only be enjoyed with mates. 

The Outer Worlds is essentially Fallout in space. That game was fantastic and gripped me right through to the end. As someone who isn't a huge fan of RPG games, it was amazing. 

Been playing Halo 5 this weekend as it's been sat on my shelf for several years.  GP means I obvs don't need the disc anymore.

Anyway - QUALITY gunplay - it looks and sounds fantastic.

But I don't have a fucking clue what on earth is happening story-wise.  Like absolutely no idea whatsoever.  It's like I'm reading a book and every other page has been torn out.

Very much enjoying it game-wise though :lol:

Of all the games I’ve been playing, FIFA is most popular in our house at the moment due to the football tournament, I don’t normally play it but it’s great just being able to dive in. 

Just need a tennis game on Game Pass now! 

50 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

Been playing Halo 5 this weekend as it's been sat on my shelf for several years.  GP means I obvs don't need the disc anymore.

But I don't have a fucking clue what on earth is happening story-wise.  Like absolutely no idea whatsoever.  It's like I'm reading a book and every other page has been torn out.

More love for Halo 5 🥰

58 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

There's been a noticable increase in the number of people playing online now too, so it's a good time to jump in without fearing that you'll be absolutely destroyed. 

Halo's story assumes you're going to read spin off books, which is a bad move imo. If it doesn't make sense, it's almost certainly because it hasn't been explained to you in the game, that there's not just a missing page, there's a missing book. Or two. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

New Vegas is notoriously buggy and unoptimized my good man. Installing mods to make it playable and not crash, is not a bad thing. That's why it's hard to recomm the 360 version because it has no mods and was never fixed eith official patches. You're barking up the wrong speedtree

I played through it all on 360, it's absolutely fine.

1 minute ago, Dudley said:

I played through it all on 360, it's absolutely fine.

I was just about to say the same. It’s been a good few years since I played it, but I can’t remember it being buggy at the time.

I went through it recently on Xbox One and it still has bugs. It looks rough as a bears arse as well. I still managed to get to the end. Enjoyed it too. It did get a bit trivial once I maxed Science and Speech (I think) as I could convince anyone of anything. I played Fallout 3 back in the day and completed that, which I might prefer but it could be rose tinter specs.

The long and short is they're both pretty dated and if you have no affinity of them from their original release you might struggle to put up with their quirks.

In New Vegas you can fuck your entire gamesave by going through a particular door wearing a particular hat :lol: 

Unfortunately it's a hat you pick up during a quest that has you going back and forward through that door.

edit: oh wait I was wrong, you can get the crash bug at random but wearing a particular hat can stop it happening. NVM

anyway, the intention wasn't to slag the games off, it's because Fallout 3, New Vegas and Skyrim are some of the best games ever made that I wouldn't feel right recommending someone risk not being able to finish the story after 80 hours cos they killed all the supermutants in the Jefferson Memorial too early :boak: 

It's definitely got both Bethesda AND Obsidian jank. It's true that a lot of my time with New Vegas was with mods on pc, there's some really ambitious stuff made for that game and it runs on a toaster. But the base 360 game is good. 

Great DLC fwiw. 

55 minutes ago, deerokus said:

It's definitely got both Bethesda AND Obsidian jank. It's true that a lot of my time with New Vegas was with mods on pc, there's some really ambitious stuff made for that game and it runs on a toaster. But the base 360 game is good. 

Great DLC fwiw. 

Yep, probably my favourite DLC of any game, especially as it all pieces together a storyline leading up to Ulysses.

That's a good point regarding New Vegas on Game Pass - the PC version on the Microsoft Store/Game Pass app seems to be the Ultimate Edition of the game, that comes with the DLCs preinstalled. The console version is probably just the base game because of how it was set up on the Marketplace however long ago.

As for bugs, I definitely had a couple of hard crashes on 360 back when it was just the base game. PC was/is worse simply down to the passage of time and new hardware causing it to do unintended shit, but at least it can be fixed.

1 hour ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

In New Vegas you can fuck your entire gamesave by going through a particular door wearing a particular hat :lol: 

Unfortunately it's a hat you pick up during a quest that has you going back and forward through that door.

It is impressive how that is even possible. They must put that sort of thing in for a bet.

3 hours ago, JPL said:

I was just about to say the same. It’s been a good few years since I played it, but I can’t remember it being buggy at the time.

Oh it's absolutely got bugs, but no more than any other Bethesda and certainly fewer crash bugs than say, launch Watch Dogs Legion.

I'm literally playing through it again right now for the second time (I played for dozens of hours on the 360 back in the day, making zero progress with the storyline)

I'm now at 32 hours played, level 21 and still haven't met Bennyor even visited the Strip :facepalm: On the plus side though I'm finding dozens of new locations or spots that have just been lost down my memory hole. It's a phenomenal game, well recommended if you can switch of the desire for shiny graphics. I still think it looks pretty decent tbh.

12 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Oh it's absolutely got bugs, but no more than any other Bethesda and certainly fewer crash bugs than say, launch Watch Dogs Legion.

Yeah, I remember it having the standard Bethesda jank, but I can’t ever remember it crashing and I certainly had nothing game breaking.

To be honest, I feel like some kind of open world luck master, as I haven’t had any problems on two play throughs of cyberpunk either.

7 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

It's fine. Lot is systems crunching and grinding together. Takes up a lot of space on the SSD though, it's like 98gb.

Yeah and that's the big problem as a dip in dip out game which is how I play this sort of thing. It does look pretty decent now on Series X. 

It's probably the best such game on xbox, Black Desert has a really fun combat system but everything around it is a total janky mess and the aesthetics of the game are full of pandering to whatever the Korean game equivalent of weebs are. 

6 hours ago, JPL said:

Yeah, I remember it having the standard Bethesda jank, but I can’t ever remember it crashing and I certainly had nothing game breaking.

To be honest, I feel like some kind of open world luck master, as I haven’t had any problems on two play throughs of cyberpunk either.

That's good to hear because I was starting to think I'd got the deKay universe edition of Cyberpunk. Did 88 hours with one now patched quest bug and a regular easily avoided crash at about 4 hours playtime. (avoided by quitting and reloading more often than every 4 hours)