IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

10 hours ago, bradigor said:

Most fun I had online was being shit in NHL BAP and Battlefield with some from here. Lots of fun and laughs

Those were the best gaming times ever, the pure joy we all felt when we finally scored our first goal in NHL BAP, after failing for about 20 games, will never be topped.

12 hours ago, auntyclimax said:

Disagreed.

Super Mario Kart led to some amazing scenes, for example. Skill based fun!

Glad that you’re finding it fun, though.

Perhaps at 41 I shouldn’t have played a game aimed at 4 year olds. My bad.

The funny thing here is Gang Beasts multiplayer is 100% skill based, just a skill you apparently don't have whereas the way Mario Kart massively favours whoever is trailing means it is not skill based.

2 minutes ago, Dudley said:

The funny thing here is Gang Beasts multiplayer is 100% skill based, just a skill you apparently don't have whereas the way Mario Kart massively favours whoever is trailing means it is not skill based.

Not if you play SMK in head to head multiplayer mode only, which is what sensible people do.

Imagine sitting down to sensible Mario Kart. With sensible Mario sitting in his sensible Volvo, sensibly driving down to get his sensible MOT. Bliss. 

(the parameter space of games should be huge. All is permitted. Nothing is forbidden)

I settle into my Corsair T2 Road Warrior© gaming chair, the bucket seat making sure I'm not jostled during even the most intense multiplayer session, and flick on my rig. My face is bathed in the warming glow of my Razer Basilisk Ultimate© (20,000 max DPI adjustable in five different levels, thanks for asking). I throw a brief salute to the limited edition Pickle Rick Pop! Vinyl Figure© sat by my third ultra wide monitor for luck… not that I'll need it. Today, I feel sorry for the opposition. I spawn on some kind of blimp and some noob in a neon orange chicken costume approaches me, I'm in the zone what could possibly go wrong.

17 minutes ago, denisb said:

For some reason I've never played a fallout game which is best to try out ? 

3 I reckon. 1&2 are so old now you really have to lower your expectations of the technical aspects and get into the story. 

New Vegas is more complex In terms of story (your choices make more of an impact) but I didn't find it as satisfying. 

4 is a shiny new version of 3, but still quite janky and over simplified in some ways. 

Fallout 76 is broken in so many ways, don't start with that. 

*Fallout 3 is one of my favourite games of all time, but it's never looked great. It does the atmospheric thing very well though. 

33 minutes ago, deerokus said:

New Vegas is the best one. 

I'd go so far as saying it's the only good modern era one :ph34r:

@denisb it's a matter of personal taste of course. I think it depends on what you prefer. Want a proper RPG with a good story, good dialogue, and interweaving systems and storylines with choices that matter? New Vegas is your only choice.

Want more of an actiony sandbox game, with more of a streamlined experience and is going on adventurous journeys in itself more important than the writing behind them? Get 3 or 4. 4 is the most streamlined of the lot and has aged the least visually being a PS4 era game instead of 360 era, but if you want at least the illusion of playing an RPG then get 3.

I think it's entirely possible I played New Vegas and chose the least interesting paths... I think I played it wrong, basically

The story (or stories, as it works out) where OK for a video game but had more ambition than payoff. Its still the same open world RPG mechanics from F3, and there's a lot extra crafting nonsense. 

I tried replaying New Vegas on my series X a few months back. It's a fine game but it is still very buggy after all these years. I had to abandon my game in the end as everyone I spoke to started whispering and I couldn't figure out how to get their voices back :unsure:

Another option would be The Outer Worlds which basically Fallout New Vegas in spaaaaaace

Edit: note that this is game you MUST play on Series. On the Bone the loading times will make you die of old age before you come anywhere near finishing it

I love New Vegas and it's my favourite that I've played (including off-brand takes via The Outer Worlds and Wasteland 3), but I'd only recommend it via the PC version with patches like NVSE, NVAC and so on. Even the console version was prone to falling to bits. Otherwise, it's definitely in my top 10 of all-time favourite games.

If you're on console and your idea of a Fallout game includes first-person shenanigans, I'd probably say go for Fallout 3. The plot isn't great, but it still has some of the RPG and thematic bite that Bethesda continued to hemorrhage while making FO4 and 76.

I had more fun with 76 than I did with 4, but it was in the same way that vanilla No Man's Sky was in just exploring aimlessly and blasting random bullshit. It's not really the same fun you derive from the previous games, if you get any fun from that type of game at all.

People in this thread : You hate fun

Also People in this thread : Fallout can only be enjoyed if you play this specific game with 90 hand picked mods.

Fallout 3 is the start of the modern series, it's also marginally simpler than NV which re-introduced some of the pre-Fallout complexity. It's where I'd start.  Like all Bethesda games though it's still a bit buggy but because they're not CDProject they get a pass on it.

9 minutes ago, Dudley said:

People in this thread : You hate fun
Also People in this thread : Fallout can only be enjoyed if you play this specific game with 90 hand picked mods.

As I think I'm the only guy who brought up mods: I should have mentioned that the ones I was talking about was ones that enables New Vegas to not shit itself and crash to desktop every few hours or so. Because it absolutely does shit itself and crash every few hours or so, even back when you could stuff a retail disk into an X-Box 360.

Fallout 3 has the advantage over New Vegas that it was barely able to hold itself together under the hood, so it's definitely much nicer to just download and be on your merry way.

Quick question, has the Doom Eternal DLC also had a next-gen update? Also, if I buy the Year 1 pass off CDKeys (where it's £3 than on the Xbox store) it should be find even if its labelled Xbox One due to Smart Delivery is that right?

4 hours ago, Dudley said:

Fallout can only be enjoyed if you play this specific game with 90 hand picked mods.

New Vegas is notoriously buggy and unoptimized my good man. Installing mods to make it playable and not crash, is not a bad thing. That's why it's hard to recommend the 360 version because it has no mods and was never fixed with official patches. You're barking up the wrong speedtree