IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

Is Greedfall supposed to have been updated to 60fps? Doesn't feel like it, I just redownloaded it last night. There's seemingly no options to have an FPS boost or performance mode or whatever like there is in games like Alien Isolation or their first party stuff.

1.0.2.0's the version I have, no available updates for it.

10 minutes ago, deerokus said:

There should be a performance mode option (under game options iirc). Unless it somehow hasn't patched for you. 

That was it, thanks - was looking in the dashboard game menu for an FPS boost style option.

4 minutes ago, Kayin Amoh said:

That was it, thanks - was looking in the dashboard game menu for an FPS boost style option.

Aye that option is only for games which haven't been updated, but had the system level boosts applied. Greedfall has a proper series x version. 

27 minutes ago, Windowlicker said:

The promo Space Jam game is available to Game Pass subscribers, you have to activate it through the perks.

I redeemed the code but its nowhere to be seen in my library. Doing a search brings up nothing either. 

5 hours ago, auntyclimax said:

I think this might be the worst game I've ever played.

It's amazing in local multiplayer with four people, particularly with people that don't play many games usually.

2 hours ago, Ry said:

That there Gang Beasts is very popular with the young uns. 

I downloaded it today and my 11 year old daughter took an instant liking to it. She played it online for about an hour and was laughing the whole time. From my time observing the game, it seems to play like a cross between Human Fall Flat and Sumo! 

Just spent an hour on Doom Eternal at 120fps. It certainly benefits from it more than Nioh does but I'm still not entirely convinced it's all that over 60. My poor beating heart, the game is insane. It doesn't quite feel right on controller and would obviously be better on mouse and keyboard but it's still amazing fun. I bounced off it first time I tried it but an hour in and I'm hooked.

22 hours ago, Isaac said:

It's amazing in local multiplayer with four people, particularly with people that don't play many games usually.

Explain to me how? Why are we encouraging clumsiness over accuracy and skill based achievement? Dumbing down, that’s why.

Utter shite.

19 minutes ago, auntyclimax said:

Explain to me how? Why are we encouraging clumsiness over accuracy and skill based achievement? Dumbing down, that’s why.

Utter shite.

Because clumsiness leads to fucking funny unintended consequences.

I hope you're being tongue in cheek, mind.

Otherwise fuck going round your place, focusing on 'skill based achievement' multiplayer. How grim.

1 minute ago, Isaac said:

Because clumsiness leads to fucking funny unintended consequences.

I hope you're being tongue in cheek, mind.

Otherwise fuck going round your place, focusing on 'skill based achievement' multiplayer. How grim.

Disagreed.

Super Mario Kart led to some amazing scenes, for example. Skill based fun!

Glad that you’re finding it fun, though.

Perhaps at 41 I shouldn’t have played a game aimed at 4 year olds. My bad.

3 minutes ago, auntyclimax said:

Disagreed.

Super Mario Kart led to some amazing scenes, for example. Skill based fun!

Glad that you’re finding it fun, though.

Perhaps at 41 I shouldn’t have played a game aimed at 4 year olds. My bad.

Think you're looking for the Friday night drunk thread.

9 hours ago, deerokus said:

Obsession with multilayer games being about skill and competitive balance is one of the worst things in gaming. Sure, if your game is meant to be some esports nonsense but for the rest of us, fun is the main factor.

Give me gang beasts or chivalry 2 over some toxic 'Skillbased' sweatfest any day.

Okay, 'skill based' may have been over-egging it. I just don't like clumsy games, such as this, and Human Fall Flat.

I'm a big fan of multiplayer party games, though - agreed ref Super Monkey Ball above.