Jump to content
IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST


Harsin
 Share

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, petrolgirls said:

Anyone else having a problem with NFS Hot Pursuit crashing on launch? I had exactly the same problem with Wreckfest too - annoying as I fancied giving this a go after loving the original. Strange that my Series X doesn't want to play the odd game. Suspect it's a problem with my account rather than a hardware problem but I'm buggered if I know how to resolve it.

 

Created a new profile and both NFS and Wreckfest work fine, kind of annoying but a workaround at least if anyone is in a similar position. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hot Pursuit remastered is a great remaster, took a classic game and made it even better, feels incredibly fresh today as no one makes good games like this any more. 

 

If you're playing on Series X make sure to turn the quality mode to 'maximum'. That seems to be the 4k60 setting. The game was 30fps on its original release so that really feels superb. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, deerokus said:

If you're playing on Series X make sure to turn the quality mode to 'maximum'. That seems to be the 4k60 setting. 

I had to look that up. I don’t understand why it doesn’t explain the options. I tried it on quality and then switched to performance, as I feared how terrible ‘maximum’ would be based on the quality mode frame rate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Pay out £150 (3 x 1 year of gold via CDkeys) then pay £1 to upgrade  for 3 years of Gamepass Ultimate (Xbox, PC & Cloud)

 

Or just pay £1 then get a month then £11 per month after that cancel anytime.

 

Everyone here will tell you to pay up the 3 years but personally I think £11/ month isn't exactly breaking the bank where  £150 might be.

 

You'll get your money's worth either way.

 

£11/month = £121 per year  so £363 vs £151

 

the choice is yours

 

So, say I Just pay the £11 per month, and download a game and play it through then cancel, then a few months later restart will that game and any saves remain available in that time. 
 

im not likely to play 3 full years of games, so I’m more likely to pay a month here and there if there’s a game I want to play, if that makes sense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is there a list somewhere of the good Xbox exclusives? Im considering buying a Series S, I have already got a PS5. I havent had an Xbox for about 7 or 8 years (Xbox One, I think), so am interested in older games too, not just current gen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, klargon said:

I had to look that up. I don’t understand why it doesn’t explain the options. I tried it on quality and then switched to performance, as I feared how terrible ‘maximum’ would be based on the quality mode frame rate.


You do wonder how many people are missing out in games these days by not having the various graphics modes advertised or explained to them. It’s definitely a big flaw… only a small percentage of players will be plugged into forums and Digital Foundry!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Droo said:

So, say I Just pay the £11 per month, and download a game and play it through then cancel, then a few months later restart will that game and any saves remain available in that time. 
 

im not likely to play 3 full years of games, so I’m more likely to pay a month here and there if there’s a game I want to play, if that makes sense. 

 

 

Yes if the game is still on gamepass all your saves/progress will continue where you left off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Droo said:

So, say I Just pay the £11 per month, and download a game and play it through then cancel, then a few months later restart will that game and any saves remain available in that time. 
 

im not likely to play 3 full years of games, so I’m more likely to pay a month here and there if there’s a game I want to play, if that makes sense. 

Yeah think of it like joining the library 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thought I'd try xcloud on my rather ancient laptop the other night, as my kids were on the other xboxes and I really fancied a go on Sea of  Thieves. 

 

First problem - laptop is so archaic that it doesn't even have bluetooth! But I then worked out that the cable from my Samsung phone fits an Xbox controller. 

 

Once the decrepit machine finally loaded up, it actually worked!! Couldn't believe it but managed to play a Tall Tale with my son and the performance was way better than expected. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Droo said:

So, say I Just pay the £11 per month, and download a game and play it through then cancel, then a few months later restart will that game and any saves remain available in that time.

If it's not a Microsoft game it could have left GP but your saves will be fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Pay out £150 (3 x 1 year of gold via CDkeys) then pay £1 to upgrade  for 3 years of Gamepass Ultimate (Xbox, PC & Cloud)

 

Or just pay £1 then get a month then £11 per month after that cancel anytime.

 

Everyone here will tell you to pay up the 3 years but personally I think £11/ month isn't exactly breaking the bank where  £150 might be.

 

 

Don't forget there's the option of various stages in between. So £150 might be too expensive, but £50 or £100 could still be options, as could lower amounts for fewer months of Gold.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Eighthours said:


You do wonder how many people are missing out in games these days by not having the various graphics modes advertised or explained to them. It’s definitely a big flaw… only a small percentage of players will be plugged into forums and Digital Foundry!

Totally. They hide the settings away and then don't explain them. At the very least they should say what the frame rate is for each option. Borderlands 3 doesn't explain that the performance mode is 120fps so most people just need quality mode. With NFS it's a backwards compatible game so the options are designed around One X. 

 

Hopefully as the cross gen period fades the toggles will go away and you just get the game as intended. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you want cheap Gamepass and don’t want to pay a large amount in one go, Eneba regularly has codes for less that £1 for 7 days access. I just keep topping my subscription up by 5-8 weeks at a time. 


As for Need For Speed Remastered, I used to be ok with 30fps in games. I played Forza Horizon 3 and 4 at 4k/30 but I just can’t do it with this game on my One X. Going from Quality to Performance mode gives you 60fps but drops the resolution to 1080p which looks shit on my (entry level) 4k LG. 
Maximum detail mode, which I believe was introduced for the Series X, is unplayable on One X with massive frame drops. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, StoooTube said:

Maximum detail mode, which I believe was introduced for the Series X, is unplayable on One X with massive frame drops. 

Exactly that. A few other last gen games have received patches that add an extra option that combines quality with performance, but those are of course not meant for last gen consoles. It would be nice if there was a short explanation (this mode is 4k/60) together with a warning that it's meant for Series X and PS5.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wait, so are these games with these modes being added, or did they have these modes due to mid gen refresh and now they just look even better? If the former, that the modes were already there, surely the game itself should have been designed to prompt the player to pick?

 

For new games, it should be at the OS level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TehStu said:

or did they have these modes due to mid gen refresh and now they just look even better

Afaik the quality/performance modes became a thing thanks to midgen upgrades. It's a good thing because now we finally get the option to select 60FPS instead of being forced to endure 30 because the dev prioritized having extra pixels and particles onscreen. AFAIK a few games now have the option to combine quality mode with 60FPS from the performance mode to accommodate players on the new consoles. I might be wrong, but I thought that was a thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's what NFS does. It's a bit of a mess at the moment as every game does different things using the same terms and I hope they just phase the options out over this gen. You also have some games where the quality mode hits 60 on the new stuff just because it was uncapped but never broke 30 last gen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, deerokus said:

That's what NFS does. It's a bit of a mess at the moment as every game does different things using the same terms and I hope they just phase the options out over this gen. You also have some games where the quality mode hits 60 on the new stuff just because it was uncapped but never broke 30 last gen. 

I think if I remember and/or recollect in a correct manner, that Elex does this - instead of selecting performance you have to select quality when playing on Series X and then you get 4k/60. I had to Google it after messing around with it and Quality mode seemingly looking as smooth as Performance and I couldn't understand why.

 

Meanwhile, Monster Hunter World apparently has three modes. Something along the lines of Quality/Resolution/Performance. And on Series X you want to select Resolution since it will always hit 60 while running at near 4k.

 

And Titanfall 2 simply always ran at 60 with a dynamic resolution up to 6k. No need to adjust. And on Series X it's gorgeous as a result because it's locked at 6k lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/06/2021 at 19:39, petrolgirls said:

Anyone else having a problem with NFS Hot Pursuit crashing on launch? I had exactly the same problem with Wreckfest too - annoying as I fancied giving this a go after loving the original. Strange that my Series X doesn't want to play the odd game. Suspect it's a problem with my account rather than a hardware problem but I'm buggered if I know how to resolve it.

 

On 26/06/2021 at 19:58, petrolgirls said:

 

Created a new profile and both NFS and Wreckfest work fine, kind of annoying but a workaround at least if anyone is in a similar position. 

 

Yep. Same here, both those games crash on start up on Series X with my original profile but work with new profile. But both games will load on One X with original profile. 

 

New profile resolution is a slight workaround but of course no friends list or autolog for NFS. 

 

I've looked into it, it's a known issue but it's not that widespread so don't think a fix is incoming. 

 

Have tried deleting all save data in case it was corrupted in the cloud but makes no difference. 

 

Very strange, it's one of those niggly problems which annoys me since I can't for the life of me work out what is causing the problem. 

 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/NFS-Hot-Pursuit-Remastered/Game-won-t-launch-on-Xbox/m-p/9789369/highlight/false#M643

 

Perhaps now on Game Pass the issue will gain wider attention. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glad it's not just me. I've had my Live account since the very start so suspect there's an old setting that's not playing nicely with the Series X OS. Crossed my mind that I could enable developer mode then look at the log files when you try launch either game but it seems a bit of a faff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

And Titanfall 2 simply always ran at 60 with a dynamic resolution up to 6k. No need to adjust. And on Series X it's gorgeous as a result because it's locked at 6k lol

 

Somehow TItanfall 2 passed me by before, and I've been playing it over the weekend. BLOODY HELL, how good is the campaign! Genuinely excellent!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rgraves said:

 

Somehow TItanfall 2 passed me by before, and I've been playing it over the weekend. BLOODY HELL, how good is the campaign! Genuinely excellent!

Yes! One of the best FPS campaigns ever! One of the best games of the previous generation! I also arrived late to the party as

 

 A)I thought whatevs a shootmans made by the dudes wot made Call of Duty - and I couldn't care less about CoD type shootmans

 

and B) ah Titanfall is that there multiplayer focused thing innit? Couldn't care less about multiplayer

 

But no! How wrong I was! It's one of the best campaigns ever made! Single player campaign perfection and so, so, much more than "just a shooter"

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.