IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

13 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

you may well not have been on an XsX blade, as there are still One S blades...so its kinda hit and miss what you end up with!

When you get an XsX its great, when you get a One S its not.

Maybe. It loaded really quickly though, which I thought was the key to knowing?

hmm... could be, but i would assume the games are essentially all stored in a sort of networked storage solution so probably quicker to access than a standard HDD? Same as if you plugged an SSD into an xbox it would load quicker.

I just tried Forza 4, and it loaded quicker, but was clearly the one S version, as it looked crap and there were no graphics options for performance or quality

Does anybody know what Outriders is meant to be running at, resolution and fps wise? Perhaps I should hold out and hope that they put that on the normal Game Pass for PC so I can just play it locally.

Just now, JPL said:

I’ll try a few other games then to see if there’s any improvement. Are there any games that we definitely know are running on the Series X blades?

Yakuza:LAD is, but I've had it streaming via OneS and XSX the last couple of days.  Gear5 is too.

1 minute ago, Gabe said:

Does anybody know what Outriders is meant to be running at, resolution and fps wise? Perhaps I should hold out and hope that they put that on the normal Game Pass for PC so I can just play it locally.

like most things, theres a DF vid for that! ;) (30fps on the bones and 60ish on the serieseses...)

I’ve just started Dishonored for the first time and just wanted to say what a great opening. No messing about with the story and the controls feel really fluid. I’ll report back once I’ve played some more.

Just now, JPL said:

I’ve just started Dishonored for the first time and just wanted to say what a great opening. No messing about with the story and the controls feel really fluid. I’ll report back once I’ve played some more.

It is an amazing, amazing game that rewards replays too. 

And the same can be said of the sequel too.

Two of the greatest games ever made as far as I'm concerned.

14 hours ago, JPL said:

Have you played any of them before? They are honestly, I think, amongst the best games ever made. I’m playing Outsider at the moment and it is just fantastic being back in that world. Seriously think or basically wish Arkane would do another, amazing games.

3 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Have you played any of them before? They are honestly, I think, amongst the best games ever made. I’m playing Outsider at the moment and it is just fantastic being back in that world. Seriously think or basically wish Arkane would do another, amazing games.

Never played any of them, no. They’re all on my list, but I’ve started with this one. Then I’ll do Prey and Dishonored 2 - is that on Gamepass yet?

Edit: What’s Outsider by the way?

6 minutes ago, JPL said:

Never played any of them, no. They’re all on my list, but I’ve started with this one. Then I’ll do Prey and Dishonored 2 - is that on Gamepass yet?

Yeah everything is on there - Prey is also incredible and has a lovely 60fps boost now (sadly lacking in Dishonored 2 and Outsider). You’re in for a treat, there is nothing like these games, and probably won’t be for some time. 

edit. Death of The Outsider - it’s a standalone story add-on for Dishonored 2 featuring one of the characters from that game as a playable lead character - it’s excellent. 

Death of the Outsider is 60fps, but strangely Dishonored 2 isn’t. I can only imagine there is an area that causes the frame rate to drop which is why it’s not been released yet. 

Prey is 60fps with no hit to resolution, but I think Death of the Outsider runs in XB1S mode (i.e dropped res) mode because the FPS boost isn’t switched on by default. Not that I could really tell, it looked ace to me. 

5 minutes ago, JPL said:

Do you mean cost? It’ll be no easier than playing a game from the console.

Console is in my son's room. So I am using PC and Cloud. But would like to play on TV not just PC monitor.

2 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Console is in my son's room. So I am using PC and Cloud. But would like to play on TV not just PC monitor.

Have you tried xcloud through the browser on your TV, assuming it has one?

I need to play around with it some more myself, as I didn’t find it all that good last time I tried.

Same here. Now I sometimes go to the trouble of disconnecting the Series X and lugging it all the way to the living room telly. But often I just can't be arsed even when I have the place to myself. A dongle or aop would save me the trouble. And the cost of buying a second Xbox.

1 minute ago, bradigor said:

Willing to bet WebOS doesn't get one.

They have to. Surely they have to. The release of the new consoles coincided with LG releasing the best possible OLED for gaming and the CX being the standard recommendation across the board for every early adopter wanting to see these new consoles at their best. Not releasing that app for exactly that very same telly would be.. somewhat annoying.

In that case I'll buy the dongle!

2 hours ago, Pob said:

Death of the Outsider is 60fps, but strangely Dishonored 2 isn’t. I can only imagine there is an area that causes the frame rate to drop which is why it’s not been released yet. 

Prey is 60fps with no hit to resolution, but I think Death of the Outsider runs in XB1S mode (i.e dropped res) mode because the FPS boost isn’t switched on by default. Not that I could really tell, it looked ace to me. 

Ooh I didn’t realise - how do you activate the boost, I think line is still 30fps? 

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Same here. Now I sometimes go to the trouble of disconnecting the Series X and lugging it all the way to the living room telly. But often I just can't be arsed even when I have the place to myself. A dongle or aop would save me the trouble. And the cost of buying a second Xbox.

I literally did this today as I had the house to myself!

On 24/06/2021 at 20:36, shirubagan said:

I have come 2nd and 1st in the two entire games I’ve played, regardless of the other player’s skills. I am obviously some form of God. 

Either that or I disabled Cross Play ;) 

This worked. Getting to grips with it now. Tried the battle royale mode and either it messed up or there's no bugger playing it, came first out of 4 and that's because the guy who came second got stuck in an area.

TDM is very active though.

Anyone else having a problem with NFS Hot Pursuit crashing on launch? I had exactly the same problem with Wreckfest too - annoying as I fancied giving this a go after loving the original. Strange that my Series X doesn't want to play the odd game. Suspect it's a problem with my account rather than a hardware problem but I'm buggered if I know how to resolve it.

Gentlemen and Ladies, someone let me know what the most cost effective way of getting gamepass is?  I’ve not had a working Xbox since the 360 and have got one of Das’s series S’s. 

do I need gamepass and gold?  Is this gonna cost me a fortune?

13 minutes ago, Droo said:

Gentlemen and Ladies, someone let me know what the most cost effective way of getting gamepass is?  I’ve not had a working Xbox since the 360 and have got one of Das’s series S’s. 

do I need gamepass and gold?  Is this gonna cost me a fortune?

The guide to the getting it for cheapest is all in the first post of this thread. Will cost you the cheapest you can find 3 years of gold membership for. So approx £120 or so for 3 years of Gamepass Ultimate (which combines both gold and Gamepass)