IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

Any recommendations of simple kids' games on Game Pass? If it's two player, all the better.

My kids are finally starting to play games, though it's mostly Roblox at the mo. We've already rinsed Yoku's Island Express, Untitled Goose Game, PAW Patrol, Donut County, Rain On Your Parade and my son wants to Play Super Lucky's Tale, but I think he thinks it's two player.

Oh, and to just keep things rumbling on - I'm planning on buying a Series S because I don't have anything 4K capable and my MS points would bring one down to £150, which is bargainous. 

2 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

Any recommendations of simple kids' games on Game Pass? If it's two player, all the better.

My kids are finally starting to play games, though it's mostly Roblox at the mo. We've already rinsed Yoku's Island Express, Untitled Goose Game, PAW Patrol, Donut County, Rain On Your Parade and my son wants to Play Super Lucky's Tale, but I think he thinks it's two player.

Peggle 1 and 2 are timeless classics.

Golf With Your Friends is pretty simple and also multiplayer. Human Fall Flat is popular and has splitscreen.

Minecraft Dungeons is fantastic in co-op, you can set each level to be as easy or hard as you like.

Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair is good too.

3 hours ago, Timmo said:

I've got this combo. I bought the S when the X was impossible to get, and although I'm in a position to upgrade to the X I've decided against it. 

I figure that any exclusives released for the Xbox are going to run well on the S. Multi platform stuff I can grab on my PS5. 

exactly, I trust Microsoft to be true to their word and that there is some sort of parity in their 1st party titles. Forza 5 details sounds promising but I guess Flight Sim will be their 1st big test.

I’d take a diskless XSX in a XSS box though.

4 hours ago, AI said:

Assuming that xCloud with its now upgraded Xbox Series X hardware gives a Stadia (or better) performance streaming to an Xbox One S, then what is the point in me upgrading to an Xbox Series S? 

As far as I can tell with xCloud, you will get the Xbox Series X versions of BC and all the shinies of next gen games which are missing from the Xbox Series S versions, no? So keeping my Xbox One S and not upgrading seems to be the way to go?

If you're happy with only playing the games on xcloud (a subset of stuff on gamepass) and don't mind the inherent drawbacks of streaming then, yeah, that's a definitely a pretty sensible way to go. You can even use a series controller on a one s if you ever need a new pad. 

2 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Peggle 1 and 2 are timeless classics.

I'd be interesting to see if they could get into that, I used to love it, a million years ago.

3 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Golf With Your Friends is pretty simple and also multiplayer.

Yeah, tried to get them into that, and failed, might try again.

4 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Human Fall Flat is popular and has splitscreen.

Weirdly, Human Fall Flat gives me motion sickness. Which is a common problem for me with FPS and a good few platformer type games.

1 hour ago, Garwoofoo said:

Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair is good too.

I'll give this a look, ta.

5 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Minecraft Dungeons is fantastic in co-op, you can set each level to be as easy or hard as you like.

Been playing this 3 player with my two youngest, they love this

image.thumb.png.d7c6adf8971b12f0671efacd200ce25b.png

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/06/23/xbox-game-pass-coming-soon-june-2021/

Worms Rumble - 6/23
Iron Harvest - 6/24
NFS: Hot Pursuit Remastered - 6/24
Prodeus - 6/24
Bug Fables :The Everlasting Sapling - 7/1
Gang Beasts - 7/1
Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars - 7/1
Limbo - 7/1

Prodeus tomorrow for PC Game Pass :omg:

Gang Beasts being added to Game Pass is excellently welcome, but it does seem weird after that the whole Party Animals thing that was at E3. Bug Fables is apparently a very good clone of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, so that's worth a look.

11 minutes ago, Siri said:

image.thumb.png.d7c6adf8971b12f0671efacd200ce25b.png

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/06/23/xbox-game-pass-coming-soon-june-2021/

Worms Rumble - 6/23
Iron Harvest - 6/24
NFS: Hot Pursuit Remastered - 6/24
Prodeus - 6/24
Bug Fables :The Everlasting Sapling - 7/1
Gang Beasts - 7/1
Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars - 7/1
Limbo - 7/1

Prodeus tomorrow for PC Game Pass :omg:

Gang Beasts being added to Game Pass is excellently welcome, but it does seem weird after that the whole Party Animals thing that was at E3. Bug Fables is apparently a very good clone of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, so that's worth a look.

Bought NFS:HP just before Xmas last year too... :D Typical! 

Still the more people playing the better.....

Hot Pursuit was a brilliant game, haven't played the remaster, perfect. 

Iron Harvest is a game I've fancied for a while, I think there is a console version supposed to be coming, hopefully get that on the console version. 

Ooh, I wasn't sold on the demo for Iron Harvest (so off the Steam wishlist it went), but I'll definitely try it on Game Pass.

Immortal Realms I was previously vaguely following too, so that's another that will get sampled. 

4 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

Oh, and to just keep things rumbling on - I'm planning on buying a Series S because I don't have anything 4K capable and my MS points would bring one down to £150, which is bargainous. 

Did you happen to get Big Crown Showdown when it was on games with gold? its a great laugh (may be tears too)

Totally Reliable Delivery service they also love, its a low rent Human Fall Flat but good for general mucking about in.  Don't show them how to fart in it or you'll be tortured!

Goat Simulator is on Game Pass too - My kids thing its hilarious, I despise it so usually leave the room when they play it.

6 hours ago, fattakin said:

Totally Reliable Delivery service they also love, its a low rent Human Fall Flat but good for general mucking about in.  Don't show them how to fart in it or you'll be tortured!

Is the fart button the same as the slap button? I tried to play this with hubby but what ensued was him chasing me around trying to slap me. 

7 minutes ago, Popo said:

Is the fart button the same as the slap button? I tried to play this with hubby but what ensued was him chasing me around trying to slap me. 

Nope you can do a big fart that browns their pants. I think you hold a button. You can also loose your trousers in a tornado. It’s such a dumb game but a good laugh 

20 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

PikuNiku is a fun, short Dizzy-style platform adventure that’s bound to make the kids laugh. Lots of fun physics-based bits. 

16 hours ago, MattyP said:

Bought NFS:HP just before Xmas last year too... :D Typical! 

Still the more people playing the better.....

If you're going to get annoyed about the service that posts just about everything EA ever make at 6-9 months post release posting something you bought 6-9 months ago you're gonna spend quite a lot of time annoyed tbh.

45 minutes ago, Dudley said:

If you're going to get annoyed about the service that posts just about everything EA ever make at 6-9 months post release posting something you bought 6-9 months ago you're gonna spend quite a lot of time annoyed tbh.

Not annoyed ! :) Had 6 months of gaming with it.... Its the only game that has come up on GP that I have bought. Happy days here....