IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

4 hours ago, Stanley said:

Forza 7 is where it’s at for me in terms of racing, much preferred it to Horizon 4 which whilst enjoyable and graphically astounding just isn’t as good. 

FM7 blew it with that enforced "card" system of artificial bonuses.

That has no place in the sim side of the Forza games.

34 minutes ago, Harsin said:

That's made me think, we're going to have loads of games chock-full or squeezing sloooowly through a crack bits that are now just actively holding up the game for no reason.

Now you mention it I noticed one near the beginning of The Medium, now considering that’s an X|S exclusive I’d have thought there’d be no need for that now :hmm:

16 hours ago, Harsin said:

It is. I bounced of Dishonoured and its sequel hard first time around. But almost instantly being able to retry a risky strategy completley changes things.

I think that's me giving them another go. I also didn't really click with either but hadn't considered it could be down to my total lack of patience. 

Yeah Dishonored is still ace. And I'm still utterly terrible at it. Escaped from Coldridge and left 15 bodies in my wake. Straight from the first guard it went to tits as I tapped RB to incapacitate rather than held it so it started to knock him out, then let him go and it all kicked off. Oops.

Do MS have any official policy on DLC for first-party stuff? I know actual first-party games are all supposed to be day and date on GamePass. Gears 5 DLC was released on GamePass when it came out. Not sure about other MS games that got DLC. Basically I'm kinda hoping they'll stick Doom Eternal: The Old Gods and Death of the Outsider on there.

Octopath Traveller, Yakuza 6 and Genesis Noir have been added this morning. I know Octopath and Yakuza are gonna be the most talked about of this bunch but Genesis Noir looks really interesting. 

15 hours ago, Stanley said:

Now you mention it I noticed one near the beginning of The Medium, now considering that’s an X|S exclusive I’d have thought there’d be no need for that now :hmm:

The game has to work on PC also, don't forget.

PC master race holding consoles back. :lol:

Can’t believe they’re not making more of a fuss about Octopath, it’s a great game with a really distinctive look. All those people wishing Nintendo would make a more powerful home console, well here’s what it would look like ^_^

48 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Can’t believe they’re not making more of a fuss about Octopath, it’s a great game with a really distinctive look. All those people wishing Nintendo would make a more powerful home console, well here’s what it would look like ^_^

I haven't got a Switch and somehow missed the hype around this- but I am downloading it now after reading your post and checking out the very first video on Youtube.
Thanks!
I got a few weeks off work (and in f**king isolation for 10 days) so I need some new games to fill the time between doggo and grandparent duties.

56 minutes ago, Masu said:

I haven't got a Switch and somehow missed the hype around this- but I am downloading it now after reading your post and checking out the very first video on Youtube.
Thanks!
I got a few weeks off work (and in f**king isolation for 10 days) so I need some new games to fill the time between doggo and grandparent duties.

Awesome, hope you enjoy it, I loved it on Switch :)

Was really looking forward to Octopath Traveller so much, but being visually impared the black text on light brown is just invisible. It sucks that some games do this and have no option to change it. 

So that's that for me then.

Playing Genesis Noir. Was this made before or after Disney’s Soul? Because they share quite a bit of style.

It actually is a bit like Frankie Goes to Hollywood with all the mini games. Charming and captivating.

Playing on Series X I do feel it would benefit greatly on Switch, iPad or PS5 because of the increased touch controls, which it really seems designed for. The lack of sensory feedback and reliance on the sticks with a bogo Xbox controller takes away from the immersion.

Still, lovely game.

For those enjoying Journey To The Savage Planet, thanks all for the heads up, I'm really enjoying it too. If you're not sure you'll finish it before it leaves Game Pass... 

It's only £10.99 at CDkeys just now (on the Xbox store it's £24.99 or £19.99 with GamePass discount). 

https://www.cdkeys.com/journey-to-the-savage-planet-xbox-one-uk

Having a lot of fun with this so decided to buy it. 

10 minutes ago, Ry said:

Went back and played RYSE for a reward and damn that game is still gorgeous. Lot of fun as well. 

I did the same (despite finishing it about 2 years ago), and I was surprised how amazing it still looks. I don't know if the Series X has any benefit to the visuals but still a great looking game.