Jump to content

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST


Harsin
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm currently on standard PC Games Pass and have no intention of upgrading to the new consoles and don't really play on my Xbox One much. Is there any point in upgrading to Ultimate? I do want the EA stuff, so is that on Ultimate?

also are there any of these three years in advance deals that people were mentioning earlier?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, strider said:

I'm currently on standard PC Games Pass and have no intention of upgrading to the new consoles and don't really play on my Xbox One much. Is there any point in upgrading to Ultimate? I do want the EA stuff, so is that on Ultimate?

also are there any of these three years in advance deals that people were mentioning earlier?

Seems atm the best bet is to just grab three years of gold and then do the £1.00 trick on the dashboard (remembering to turn auto renew off).  With cdkeys gone to shite recently it appears ao and shop to have the best deals (though not as good as recent months which figures).   One thing to bear in mind is amazon day is coming in october so wonder if it's worth waiting then to see if there will be any deals on gold then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, davidcotton said:

Seems atm the best bet is to just grab three years of gold and then do the £1.00 trick on the dashboard (remembering to turn auto renew off).  With cdkeys gone to shite recently it appears ao and shop to have the best deals (though not as good as recent months which figures).   One thing to bear in mind is amazon day is coming in october so wonder if it's worth waiting then to see if there will be any deals on gold then.

 

But as I understand it (which may be wrong) you can only do this if you don't have an active Game Pass subscription, so you would have to wait for your current one to lapse before doing it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Darren said:

 

But as I understand it (which may be wrong) you can only do this if you don't have an active Game Pass subscription, so you would have to wait for your current one to lapse before doing it.

No that is correct.  It also seems that it may not work if you have already redeemed the £1.00 offer previously, in which case it will be £10.99

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, strider said:

I'm currently on standard PC Games Pass and have no intention of upgrading to the new consoles and don't really play on my Xbox One much. Is there any point in upgrading to Ultimate? I do want the EA stuff, so is that on Ultimate?

also are there any of these three years in advance deals that people were mentioning earlier?

 

EA Play is coming to Ultimate and also Game Pass for PC, just not for Game Pass for Console by itself.

 

https://www.ea.com/ea-play/news/ea-play-coming-to-xbox-game-pass

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If EA Play wasn't coming to vanilla Game Pass PC, you'd be mad to subscribe to Ultimate just to get it.

 

Ultimate is £10.99 a month. Game Pass PC is £7.99 a month. EA Play is £19.99 a year.

 

Don't get Ultimate if you don't have an Xbox, unless you can do the cheap Xbox Live Gold thing or you only want it for a couple of months.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Speech said:

 

EA Play is coming to Ultimate and also Game Pass for PC, just not for Game Pass for Console by itself.

 

https://www.ea.com/ea-play/news/ea-play-coming-to-xbox-game-pass

Excellent. I'll stick with what I have then. What with £9 for Humble Bundle Choice and £7 for Games Pass I have more than enough games to play each month.
The question now is can I wait six months for Star Wars Squadrons to appear on the service...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 5R7 said:

tbf, you would still make quite a saving by getting three years of gold, then converting to ultimate anyway, even if you only play on pc. Instead of 7.99 a month, so, 95ish a year, it would be half, for 3 years.

 

 

Is this possible to do with less than 3 years? like convert one year of gold to GPU? Or does the "hack" only work with stacked three years?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Kevvy Metal said:

 

Is this possible to do with less than 3 years? like convert one year of gold to GPU? Or does the "hack" only work with stacked three years?

 

 

You can do it with any amount of Gold, even just one month if you were so inclined, it's just that the £1 offer is a one-time-only thing, so it's most cost effective to do three years (the most you can stack) in one go. After that you can do it again (as things stand - offer may be withdrawn at any time) but only after your GPU has lapsed, and subsequent conversions will cost £10.99 instead of £1. (i.e. it always charges you one month's GPU sub to convert any amount of Gold, but there's a £1 introductory offer for your first month of GPU, so if your first conversion is also your first time with GPU it will only cost a quid, otherwise it costs the same as a standard month of GPU.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Darren said:

 

You can do it with any amount of Gold, even just one month if you were so inclined, it's just that the £1 offer is a one-time-only thing, so it's most cost effective to do three years (the most you can stack) in one go. After that you can do it again (as things stand - offer may be withdrawn at any time) but only after your GPU has lapsed, and subsequent conversions will cost £10.99 instead of £1. (i.e. it always charges you one month's GPU sub to convert any amount of Gold, but there's a £1 introductory offer for your first month of GPU, so if your first conversion is also your first time with GPU it will only cost a quid, otherwise it costs the same as a standard month of GPU.)

 

Ah! I totally understand now! 

I actually basically redeemed Gamepass for the last month, for that £1 offer (then turned off auto-renewal) to basically give it a poke about! 

This expires in mid october, then I guess I get the £1 offer again (hopefully) that I can do the trick with. Maybe. I might have fucked it but hopefully not! 

I'm planning on getting a Series X sometime early next year, so Game Pass on it would absolutely be ideal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Kevvy Metal said:

 

Ah! I totally understand now! 

I actually basically redeemed Gamepass for the last month, for that £1 offer (then turned off auto-renewal) to basically give it a poke about! 

This expires in mid october, then I guess I get the £1 offer again (hopefully) that I can do the trick with. Maybe. I might have fucked it but hopefully not! 

I'm planning on getting a Series X sometime early next year, so Game Pass on it would absolutely be ideal. 

 

I don't think you will get the £1 offer again, unfortunately. I think next time you take out a GPU sub, either on its own or by converting any amount of Gold, it will cost you £10.99. Which is still a fantastic offer if you convert a decent chunk of Gold - if you went for the max three years you'd get it for about £131, or £3.64 a month, which is less than 30p a month more than if you did it with the £1 offer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

you wont get the £1  offer, but, you should be able to convert for £11 once it expires. So once it expires, stack and convert.

 

Just now, Darren said:

 

I don't think you will get the £1 offer again, unfortunately. I think next time you take out a GPU sub, either on its own or by converting any amount of Gold, it will cost you £10.99. Which is still a fantastic offer if you convert a decent chunk of Gold - if you went for the max three years you'd get it for about £131, or £3.64 a month, which is less than 30p a month more than if you did it with the £1 offer.

 

I've had the £1 offer before, which is what I used to do to play stuff like Gears 5...or at least I thought that's what it was. 

 

So, if I stack 3 years of Gold, I can convert it for the 10.99 GPU price? That's still worth it aye. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

 

It's not free though, it's a subscription service, like how Netflix isn't free and is a subscription service.

You don't say "Watch a film for free on Netflix!" 

Of course strictly speaking you're right. But my gaming expenditure had gone down so so much ever since getting game pass, to me it feels 'free'. Also, since I already had gold all I paid was 1 quid for 3 years... So in my specific case: 1 quid is indeed not free, it's still 1 quid :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Of course strictly speaking you're right. But my gaming expenditure had gone down so so much ever since getting game pass, to me it feels 'free'. Also, since I already had gold all I paid was 1 quid for 3 years... So in my specific case: 1 quid is indeed not free, it's still 1 quid :)

 

 

The one thing that used to irk me quite a bit was games leaving Game pass while you might be in the middle of playing them. 

I didn't realise that you then get a hefty discount on purchasing them after they have been available on Game Pass, which does spin the whole thing to a bit more of a "try before you buy" type service. I've certainly warmed to it a lot more of recent, and find it quite an interesting proposition. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.